Jimmy Jam talks about working with Janet (NEW)

jarrylf

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so gonna say that, but with more shade. The obvious reason why Janet didn't record her part after Michelle is because Jan knew her sister would get jealous and wanted redo his mess to top her, which failed song and video-wise. And that also proves that Janet had greater sense when it comes to music. "Runaway" > "Scream" :coffee:

I'm unable to find the fallacious speech. :unsure:

You attempted to dispute the facts that Henri posted. :unsure:

Wackaway is not better than Screamsus. Lyrically, musically and visually.

I don't know why. Everybody knows MJ was jealous of Janet because she was the woman he wanted to be. :coffee:

I don't dispute the first part because I do believe Janet made Michael step his game up with Bad/Dangerous/History for the reasons that Austin stated when he snatched TOFney during that 'template' argument.

After thriller not one of MJs albums were better than TVR, RN or janet. History and invincible were probably on par with AFY and DJ but even both of those albums went places experimentally that MJ never did.

Janet has always been more daring with her art. Plus she's a better dancer.

After thriller not one of MJs albums were better than TVR, RN or janet. History and invincible were probably on par with AFY and DJ but even both of those albums went places experimentally that MJ never did.

RN >> Bad/Dangerous >> janet./TVR >> History/Damita Jo/AFY >> Invincible

I don't dispute the first part because I do believe Janet made Michael step his game up with Bad/Dangerous/History for the reasons that Austin stated when he snatched TOFney during that 'template' argument.

Everything about "Runaway" equals artistic growth. Everything about "Scream" equals the male artist being stuck with the same type of songs, ad-libs and dance moves while the female artist showed how much better she really is. That's why "Runaway" > "Scream"

Everything about "Runaway" equals artistic growth. Everything about "Scream" equals the male artist being stuck with the same type of songs, ad-libs and dance moves while the female artist showed how much better she really is. That's why "Runaway" > "Scream"

Sorry but Runaway is just not that good to me. The only thing I like about it is the single cover and that cute heart she does :wub:which the Beliebers stole. I can relate more to Scream.

I spotted a lie in this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I don't know why. Everybody knows MJ was jealous of Janet because she was the woman he wanted to be. :coffee:

Pretty much. After the success of Control, it was clear Janet had MJ pressed like a button down dress shirt. He made it more than obvious that Janet became his competition.

Pretty much. After the success of Control, it was clear Janet had MJ pressed like a button down dress shirt. He made it more than obvious that Janet became his competition.

They were BOTH competitive and pushed by the others success and creativity with each project. :rolleyes:

Let's not do this, Austineisha.

Runaway is a better song than Scream. The video is just better and more legendary.

And I can't spot the lie in that second post.

They were BOTH competitive and pushed by the others success and creativity with each project. :rolleyes:

Let's not do this, Austineisha.

MJ was hell bent on keeping up with Janet, while Janet was always two steps ahead of him, and the rest of her peers for that matter.

Runaway is a better song than Scream. The video is just better and more legendary.

:rolleyes:

MJ was hell bent on keeping up with Janet, while Janet was always two steps ahead of him, and the rest of her peers for that matter.

They were hell bent on keeping up with each other. :rolleyes:

Janet pushing her self to match and eclipse Michael's success on the charts and creatively...and Michael being pushed because he was (for the first time) sharing the spotlight in the family, and with someone who was just as creative in how she put together her projects and presented her self to the public (Not to mention that absolute annihilation Janet proceeded to give the lesser individuals on the charts -_- ).

Janet isn't credited for her success, creativity, and influence as she should be, but they were both pressed by each other (for good reason).

Also, in the last 10 or 15 years of Mike's life he had the added stress of constantly fighting against people that were trying to drag him in the media and extort him for his coins. He produced HIStory, a GREAT album (despite what certain individuals say :rolleyes: ), but it did stifle him creatively towards the end of his life.

:rolleyes:

They were hell bent on keeping up with each other. :rolleyes:

Janet pushing her self to match and eclipse Michael's success on the charts and creatively...and Michael being pushed because he was (for the first time) sharing the spotlight in the family, and with someone who was just as creative in how she put together her projects and presented her self to the public (Not to mention that absolute annihilation Janet proceeded to give the lesser individuals on the charts -_- ).

Janet isn't credited for her success, creativity, and influence as she should be, but they were both pressed by each other (for good reason).

Also, in the last 10 or 15 years of Mike's life he had the added stress of constantly trying to fight against people that were trying to drag him in the media and extort him for his coins. He produced HIStory, a GREAT album (despite what certain individuals say :rolleyes: ), but it did stifle him creatively towards the end of his life.

Chile PLEASE. If Janet was trying to replicate the success of MJ she would have employed e everyone Michael had worked with and taken the same route he did. She distanced herself from her family and took R&B mainstream while Michael was selling pop. It was clear Janet was the conductor between the two.

Chile PLEASE. If Janet was trying to replicate the success of MJ she would have employed e everyone Michael had worked with and taken the same route he did. She distanced herself from her family and took R&B mainstream while Michael was selling pop. It was clear Janet was the conductor between the two.

I didn't state a single lie!!

Janet stated that she was competitive with Mike and even said (earlier on during the Control and RN eras) that reaching the sales of Thriller was among her goals.

You can successfully argue that Mike was more "pop" than Janet, but they were both essentially crossover R&B acts. Which is AMAZING, considering the magnitude of their success.

I didn't state a single lie!!

Janet stated that she was competitive with Mike and even said (earlier on during the Control and RN eras) that reaching the sales of Thriller was among her goals.

You can successfully argue that Mike was more "pop" than Janet, but they were both essentially crossover R&B acts. Which is AMAZING, considering the magnitude of their success.

Janet never set out match the sound or stats of any MJ album. The closest she came to anything of the sort was when she said there was envy but no jealousy. Why would she compete with someone who she was obviously better than?

LOL @ MJ being a crossover R&B act.

I can spot a lie in your first sentence of the first post

im-not-upset-that-you-lied-to-me-lies-upset-believe-demotivational-posters-1327187616.jpg

Archived