The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

The Role Models of the Stars

5. Christina Aguilera: Janet Jackson

The "Dirrty" singer has tried to mirror Janet Jackson with her "dance-diva persona." She said in her biography: "I remember watching MTV as a little girl. To me, Janet had it all; amazing videos, hot songs and the sexiest voice." Sounds like she did a good job in her pursuit to draw some career parallels!

Fabulize Mag Beauty Icon: Janet Jackson

janet-1st-1024x1024.jpg

Before there was Beyonce, Rihanna or Jennifer Lopez there was Janet Jackson. Janet has and will always be the epitome of black beauty. Her brown skin is always radiant, her hair- whether long or short, is always copied and her makeup is always beautiful. Back in the 1990′s she worked with one of my favorite makeup artists Kevyn Aucoin, and Janet was always on a magazine cover.

I like how Janet Jackson could always change her look and still appear to look effortlessly beautiful. No matter what trend she was starting she always looked amazing. Which is your favorite Janet Jackson look?

janet-1st-1024x1024.jpg

Before there was Beyonce, Rihanna or Jennifer Lopez there was Janet Jackson. Janet has and will always be the epitome of black beauty. Her brown skin is always radiant, her hair- whether long or short, is always copied and her makeup is always beautiful. Back in the 1990′s she worked with one of my favorite makeup artists Kevyn Aucoin, and Janet was always on a magazine cover.

I like how Janet Jackson could always change her look and still appear to look effortlessly beautiful. No matter what trend she was starting she always looked amazing. Which is your favorite Janet Jackson look?

The janet. Era stole my heart first, and TVR stole my body without question. No matter what era, I am all hers. Always have been, always will be. :blush: :blush: :blush::wub: :wub: :wub:

janet-1st-1024x1024.jpg

Once again, the lessors take a backseat.. :clapping:

Brit Marling:

Back then, theater was her only constant, and she grounded herself by writing and directing her own plays and casting her friends.

“They were very silly and also very dance-heavy,” she said. “I always found a way to work dancing to Whitney Houston into it. I would imitate Janet Jackson’s moves. I would charge a lot of money for people in the neighborhood to come and see.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/18/brit-marling-another-earth-her-journey-from-georgetown-to-sundance.html

I got this from a Britney forum:

Britneys Spotify Playlist - Includes Gaga, Beyonce and many more

Workout Mix

Hot-n-Fun - N.E.R.D., Nelly Furtado

Rock That Body – The Black Eyed Peas

Supastarr 2.0 (Tactic Mix) – DJ Blaqstarr

Beat Control – Tilly And The Wall

Hey Hey - Dennis Ferrer

Sweat - Snoop Dogg, David Guetta

Impossible - Daniel Merriweather

Woohoo - Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj

Yes - LMFAO

Pursuit Of Happiness - Kid Cudi, MGMT, Ratatat

Dusk Till Dawn - Ladyhawke

Stop Me - Mark Ronson

Super Bass - Nicki Minaj

Only Girl (In The World) - Rihanna

E.T. – Katy Perry

Make Me - Janet Jackson

Up Out My Face - Mariah Carey

On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull

Give Me Everything - Pitbull, Ne-Yo

The Edge Of Glory - Lady Gaga

Run The World (Girls) - Beyoncé

http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/viewthread.php?tid=396494#pid6289766

Kelly Rowland, again, on Janet. She just says IGL inspired her BET Awards performance at like 2:49 in the audio clip:

http://dc3forever.net/2011/07/yahoo-music-interviews-kelly/

Samantha Mumba

Walsh has called you a cross between Britney Spears and Janet Jackson. What do you think of that?

I prefer to be compared to Janet Jackson. I think she's fantastic. Britney Spears is too new for me to be compared to. You know what I mean? I can't look at somebody as a role model if they're the same age as me.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,97473,00.html