The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

Well yeah, Cisus will do that to you. -_- OMG really? :lol:

You like Kylie!? I'd be here for that too.

Janet feared being upstaged. -_- Yeppers! I can't remember what show it was, but the host brought it to her attention, and Janet was basically like "Oh. :unsure::umm:" :lmao:

I do. :wub: William got me more in to her a year or so ago. ^_^ Kylie has the international presence that Janet needs, and would be in Janet's best interest to use her to help rebuild that international fan base.

Janet feared being upstaged. -_- Yeppers! I can't remember what show it was, but the host brought it to her attention, and Janet was basically like "Oh. :unsure::umm:" :lmao:

I do. :wub: William got me more in to her a year or so ago. ^_^ Kylie has the international presence that Janet needs, and would be in Janet's best interest to use her to help rebuild that international fan base.

:lmao:

That's a really great point. I can totally see it working. It's beautiful. :tear:

I don't think Kylie sells that well here anymore (who does?) - but she's music royalty in the UK...She gets a lot of positive press. Even when they did that Amfar thing a few months ago - Kylie got more attention than Janet. Working with her would be a great move for Janet.

• 3 weeks later...

The Artist "How To Dress Well" was influenced by TVR on his album "Total Loss"

The Influence of Janet Jackson’s The Velvet Rope on The Album

How To Dress Well: “The main thing I took from her is sort of this self-trust, self-care, emotional honesty thing.Velvet Rope is an amazing example. She set such an example for trusting yourself, and following that intuition wherever it takes you. She could’ve made an entire record of “Together Again”’s—eleven of those. But she made a fucking sprawling masterpiece with a song from every genre, and it works. Because you see her discerning taste in every single track, and every single track, and every single choice, every musical instrument. Some songs her voice is all distorted, and in other songs it’s so close to the mic that it sounds like she’s singing in your ear—you can hear her lip-smacking and shit. It’s a total statement, This is me kind of record. And I like writing different kinds of songs.

Total Loss is a bunch of different kinds of songs on it. I was like, ‘Shit, how do I make this record?’ Do I pick one and stick with it and write all those? No, that would be truncating this sense I have that all these songs are special and valuable. And so that album [Velvet Rope] to me became a shining light of how to make an album that’s totally true to yourself, and is about taking proper care of yourself, and paying attention to your spirit, and trusting that it’ll all hang together even if there’s all different kinds of vibes on the record. And for me, “Together Again” is infinitely more special because it’s this little gem on that otherwise very different record. If it were a whole record of “Together Again”’s, I’d probably love the song but I don’t know if in the same way.

“I’ve loved the Velvet Rope since it came out. It’s been one of my favorite records for many years. I think when I started working on Total Loss and seeing like shit, this fits together for me in the same way that I felt like the Velvet Rope fit together. And I kind of learned over the course of making my record, and really attentively listening to Janet’s record, that it had more of an influence on me that I had even realized. So like, it’s really funny to learn through making a record that I’ve had this record playing in the back of my mind for a decade. I mean there’s some shit on the Velvet Rope that’s absolutely next-level—still today. Untouchable.”

http://www.complex.c...pe-on-the-album

Sorry if it's been posted before - it's new to me lol

Since folks 'round here just lazy. 29.gif

A*M*E - UK Artist

Who else would you like to work with?

"I'd love to get in with some K-pop producers and the band Big Bang - they're just incredible. I'd also love to work with Stargate, Lady GaGa, Nicki Minaj and Dr Luke. Oh, and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis! Janet Jackson is my idol and I love all the tracks they worked on with her."

What three songs sum you up as an artist?

"Miami Sound Machine's 'Doctor Beat', Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' and Janet Jackson 'All For You'. It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, if that Janet song comes on I will dance to it until the very end. Breakdown included!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/interviews/a429928/ame-interview-i-call-gary-barlow-uncle-g.html#ixzz2Ee6b4kS3

@IAMANITABAKER

They R of Music Royalty. I was just a kid from Det. 2 share that cover w/them was Miraculous God's plan 4 us can surpass Our wildest dreams

@IAMANITABAKER

Janet led by example Revolutionized Re-Defined Music Video N2 a Powerful tool of self-expression Documenting her Artistic Growth & Evolution

The status that "caused" Anita to tweet about Janet:

https://twitter.com/Iam_Found/status/280023866313695232/photo/1

Kendrick Lamar on Janet

281x211.jpg?width=281&height=211

"....but if Kendrick has his way he'll also have a cameo for Ms. Jackson as well. "That'll be a blessing," he told MTV News on Friday just moments before he took the stage to headline at Power 106's annual Cali Christmas concert.

Lamar even went as far to make a personal pitch to the icon, hoping to eliminate the difficult process that often comes with working with a star of Jackson's stature. "Janet, c'mon, Janet. No paperwork with the managers, contact the managers. This is artist to artist," he pleaded. "This is a young boy that looked up to you for years. Please, yeah, video, Janet Jackson 'Poetic Justice.' It'll only be right."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1699067/kendrick-lamar-janet-jackson-poetic-justice-video.jhtml

• Upvote 1

Oh. Lemme go see. First theres:

@ArmyOfBu

Nothing like a bit of @janetjackson and @MissyElliott to burn this Mickey D's off. "I'm like a loose goose...we can shoot dooby doo"

31 Oct 11 IMG-20111130-00226-1_normal.jpg Missy Elliott@MissyElliott

@BuJumpsDaBoogie hahaha! That made me laugh!

and then theres:
@ArmyOfBu

"Tell me how long is it boo? Seven inches...Yup that'll do" haha! Love @MissyElliott and @JanetJackson chemistry together!!

27 Jul 11 IMG-20111130-00226-1_normal.jpg Missy Elliott@MissyElliott

@BuJumpsDaBoogie hahaha! Love JANET! She so ICONIC!

@BuJumpsDaBoogie: @MissyElliott She is! I saw her live last month and I'm STILL on a high! Y'all need to do another duet haha! And I need to see you live too.

27 Jul 11 IMG-20111130-00226-1_normal.jpg Missy Elliott@MissyElliott

@BuJumpsDaBoogie yes come and experience it! And yes she's a great friend of mines! She is Amazing and a sweetheart!

Kendrick Lamar on Janet

281x211.jpg?width=281&height=211

"....but if Kendrick has his way he'll also have a cameo for Ms. Jackson as well. "That'll be a blessing," he told MTV News on Friday just moments before he took the stage to headline at Power 106's annual Cali Christmas concert.

Lamar even went as far to make a personal pitch to the icon, hoping to eliminate the difficult process that often comes with working with a star of Jackson's stature. "Janet, c'mon, Janet. No paperwork with the managers, contact the managers. This is artist to artist," he pleaded. "This is a young boy that looked up to you for years. Please, yeah, video, Janet Jackson 'Poetic Justice.' It'll only be right."

http://www.mtv.com/n...ice-video.jhtml

Yassss I love Kendrick :wub: :wub: :wub:

• 3 weeks later...