Will Smith smacks a reporter for trying to kiss him.

RedSimba

I think Will lost his cool kinda over reacted to that, he could have played it off and came off looking like a great guy not some complete homophobe ...Was thr reporter in the right? NO, but should he get sucker punched and slapped ? Maybe he should have shot and killed the reporter would that make everything all good then? The guy tried to kiss him not rape him.

I think Will lost his cool kinda over reacted to that, he could have played it off and came off looking like a great guy not some complete homophobe ...Was thr reporter in the right? NO, but should he get sucker punched and slapped ? Maybe he should have shot and killed the reporter would that make everything all good then? The guy tried to kiss him not rape him.

The dumb-ass invaded his personal space for an uncomfortable amount of time so Will did what he did at the heat of the moment. Will is a married man with a family. If a woman tried to do that I expect him to slap her ass too. Will Smith is American. That kiss and greet stuff is foreign to him. Orientation aint have nothing to do with it. End discussion. Everything aint about homophobia. It's becoming worse than the race card :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

The dumb-ass invaded his personal space for an uncomfortable amount of time so Will did what he did at the heat of the moment. Will is a married man with a family. If a woman tried to do that I expect him to slap her ass too. Will Smith is American. That kiss and greet stuff is foreign to him. Orientation aint have nothing to do with it. End discussion. Everything aint about homophobia. It's becoming worse than the race card :rolleyes:

I'm reading reactions on a few blogs, seems people are divided by that, some say it is custom in Russia to greet in that manner and that it was supposed to be a two sided cheek to cheek kiss, a standard greeting in many foreign countries, now it's easy to turn your head the wrong way and make it seem like you were going for the lips.

I'm reading reactions on a few blogs, seems people are divided by that, some say it is custom in Russia to greet in that manner and that it was supposed to be a two sided cheek to cheek kiss, a standard greeting in many foreign countries, now it's easy to turn your head the wrong way and make it seem like you were going for the lips.

Yes and no. I bet all the haters would be singing a different tune if it were an American woman pushing away that same exact reporter. Everyone would be on her side, saying that he was invading her space or attacking her, and how you're not supposed to approach women in that manner. But because it's Will Smith and he's a man, its "homophobic" :coffee:

yeah i think wlliam got it the wrong way . i think he wanted to kiss him on both sides of the cheek

the comments I am reading are all over the place, quite a few people say that reporter is known for trying celebs...so I dont know....where's Matt he always has something witty to say :unsure:

Yes and no. I bet all the haters would be singing a different tune if it were an American woman pushing away that same exact reporter. Everyone would be on her side, saying that he was invading her space or attacking her, and how you're not supposed to approach women in that manner. But because it's Will Smith and he's a man, its "homophobic" :coffee:

If the reporter was a woman he would not have acted that way

you know what I think is really telling though, is the amount of implied violence Will Smith stated after the act, the shove away, the light smack, the jokes of punching him. It sounds to me like something as harmless as a cheek to cheek kiss offended Smith so much the only way to right it would have been for Will to kill the guy.

you know what I think is really telling though, is the amount of implied violence Will Smith stated after the act, the shove away, the light smack, the jokes of punching him. It sounds to me like something as harmless as a cheek to cheek kiss offended Smith so much the only way to right it would have been for Will to kill the guy.

You are doing the most extra credit work out of anyone else in the entire history of this forum right now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I usually can't with you anyways, but this just puts the icing on the cake for me :asham:

will+smith.jpg

He had him almost in a choke hold :lmao: The reporter was clearly up to something. And even if it was a culture issue, culture goes both ways. If you know someone is visiting from America then why would you even greet them in that manner? Respect my culture and I respect yours.

And the reporter did it AFTER the interview :lmao: You're supposed to greet the person beforehand.

• Downvote 1

You are doing the most extra credit work out of anyone else in the entire history of this forum right now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I usually can't with you anyways, but this just puts the icing on the cake for me :asham:

And on top of that they just announced that they weren't even in Russia it was the Ukraine! :lmao: The reporter was clearly up to something. And even if it was a culture issue, culture goes both ways. If you know someone is visiting from America then why would you even greet them in that manner? Respect my culture and I respect yours.

And the reporter did it AFTER the interview :lmao: You're supposed to greet the person beforehand.

I completely understand what you're saying because I can't with you often too.....you have been called out for some homophobic rants on several occasions, at least you're consistent tho :coffee: and to top it off I'm doing too much and you are reacting like a lot right now, I said what was on my mind and it did not require 50 emoticons to do it.

• Upvote 3

I completely understand what you're saying because I can't with you often too.....you have been called out for some homophobic rants on several occasions, at least you're consistent tho :coffee: and to top it off I'm doing too much and you are reacting like a lot right now, I said what was on my mind and it did not require 50 emoticons to do it.

That's cause you're so rigid and serious all the time :coffee: How anyone could not find any humor in that video is beyond me. I think if I ever met you outside of the internet I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself because I'd have to be worried about offending you 24/7. I support gay rights so I really shouldn't be one of the ones that you like to lecture.

And didn't Will Smith say he supports gay rights :unsure:

will+smith.jpg

He had him almost in a choke hold :lmao: The reporter was clearly up to something. And even if it was a culture issue, culture goes both ways. If you know someone is visiting from America then why would you even greet them in that manner? Respect my culture and I respect yours.

Damn! Was he tryna taste earwax?!

I wonder what Samuel L Jackson's reaction would have been! :lol:

That's cause you're so rigid and serious all the time :coffee: How anyone could not find any humor in that video is beyond me. I think if I ever met you outside of the internet I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself because I'd have to be worried about offending you 24/7. I support gay rights so I really shouldn't be one of the ones that you like to lecture.

And didn't Will Smith say he supports gay rights :unsure:

For the record, I have no issue with you, I actually think you're quite humerus, the problem is that video gave me some violent teas, the other problem is the reactions are very mixed all over the place where the video is posted so I cannot really form an opinion aside from it bothers me. As for being offended I am not, and you and I would have fun I am actually very relaxed in person.

I think the way he reacted was very tacky. All he had to do was simply back away from the dude. And that dude wasn't trying to do a lip lock. But people will eat it up and think Will did the right thing, because they automatically assume the reporter is gay (like I'm sure Will did). Great message to send to your kids, Will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1