Will Smith smacks a reporter for trying to kiss him.

RedSimba

I'm reading reactions on a few blogs, seems people are divided by that, some say it is custom in Russia to greet in that manner and that it was supposed to be a two sided cheek to cheek kiss, a standard greeting in many foreign countries, now it's easy to turn your head the wrong way and make it seem like you were going for the lips.

That's what I noticed when I watched the video for the first time. It looks like he wanted to do a two sided cheek to cheek.

I wouldn't expect that from Will really. Sad... :mellow:

I think the way he reacted was very tacky. All he had to do was simply back away from the dude. And that dude wasn't trying to do a lip lock. But people will eat it up and think Will did the right thing, because they automatically assume the reporter is gay (like I'm sure Will did). Great message to send to your kids, Will.

:cheers:

I think the way he reacted was very tacky. All he had to do was simply back away from the dude. And that dude wasn't trying to do a lip lock. But people will eat it up and think Will did the right thing, because they automatically assume the reporter is gay (like I'm sure Will did). Great message to send to your kids, Will.

I thought you were going to join the gang of folks saying he was right to hit him...I'm like all of you youtube, huffington post and whomever else have a \_

That's what I noticed when I watched the video for the first time. It looks like he wanted to do a two sided cheek to cheek.

I wouldn't expect that from Will really. Sad... :mellow:

as someone who does not support homophobia nor bad movies I have no intention to go see him ring out another spin on MIB

Gay or Str8 it don't matter. If a man try kissing up on another man and he don't like it then that man's gonna get whatever happens to him whether they do it in another country or not. We in America and I ain't neva seen nan black man do that before not even in other countries

Gay or Str8 it don't matter. If a man try kissing up on another man and he don't like it then that man's gonna get whatever happens to him whether they do it in another country or not. We in America and I ain't neva seen nan black man do that before not even in other countries

You must be in South America, because in North America we've seen Lil Wayne greet some guys by kissing them on the lips. And like a few of us mentioned, he wasn't trying to kiss Will on the lips. For someone in the spotlight with kids who are also in the spotlight, that was the wrong move to do. But you'll have most ppl that think that display of ignorance was funny and great.

You must be in South America, because in North America we've seen Lil Wayne greet some guys by kissing them on the lips. And like a few of us mentioned, he wasn't trying to kiss Will on the lips. For someone in the spotlight with kids who are also in the spotlight, that was the wrong move to do. But you'll have most ppl that think that display of ignorance was funny and great.

Spotlight or not and kids or not people have done worse and that wasn't a display of ignorance. It was a display of "nigga you doin' too much now back up off me" Maybe it was a display of ignorance for the reporter to think he can kiss up on everyone he comes across. Not all are gonna like it. Will let him get one in but apparently he felt the guy was doin' too much after the 1st one.

Spotlight or not and kids or not people have done worse and that wasn't a display of ignorance. It was a display of "nigga you doin' too much now back up off me" Maybe it was a display of ignorance for the reporter to think he can kiss up on everyone he comes across. Not all are gonna like it. Will let him get one in but apparently he felt the guy was doin' too much after the 1st one.

I see you're sticking with that "blame the innocent reporter" angle. He thought the guy was trying to kiss him on the mouth (even said it) and the guy wasn't.

I see you're sticking with that "blame the innocent reporter" angle. He thought the guy was trying to kiss him on the mouth (even said it) and the guy wasn't.

ok well that goes to show not every is accepting of what someone does :mellow: No one can just go up to someone like that and assume that the person is gonna automatically know what they're up to

ok well that goes to show not every is accepting of what someone does :mellow: No one can just go up to someone like that and assume that the person is gonna automatically know what they're up to

And that gave him the right to hit the dude? Will himself said the dude was trying to kiss him on the lips when he wasn't. You should be on George Zimmerman's defense team.

And that gave him the right to hit the dude? Will himself said the dude was trying to kiss him on the lips when he wasn't. You should be on George Zimmerman's defense team.

you call that a hit? :lol: that was a small bitch hit like you're swatting a damn fly. You definitely doin' too much. Ok well you and Will have different opinions on what was goin' on. The reporter's job was to damn report not try to get a taste and idc if they do that wherever he's from. Do ya job and keep it moving

you call that a hit? :lol: that was a small bitch hit like you're swatting a damn fly. You definitely doin' too much. Ok well you and Will have different opinions on what was goin' on. The reporter's job was to damn report not try to get a taste and idc if they do that wherever he's from. Do ya job and keep it moving

Hit, slap...it's still the same ignorant action. Will also was there to do a job too, and I'm sure that job description didn't require his hand to make contact to the reporter's face in a disrespectful manner.

Hit, slap...it's still the same ignorant action. Will also was there to do a job too, and I'm sure that job description didn't require his hand to make contact to the reporter's face in a disrespectful manner.

and i'm sure that reporter's job was to report and interview not be all up on Will's face tryin' to get a taste. Will's job was to walk the carpet, smile, and look good and answer a few questions if he wanted...not to be kissed and groped on. As the pic in this thread shows it looked like he almost had will in a headlock trying to make sure he was gonna get his taste :rolleyes:

and i'm sure that reporter's job was to report and interview not be all up on Will's face tryin' to get a taste. Will's job was to walk the carpet, smile, and look good and answer a few questions if he wanted...not to be kissed and groped on. As the pic in this thread shows it looked like he almost had will in a headlock trying to make sure he was gonna get his taste :rolleyes:

A printscreen < a video

At the end of it Will's actions (the smack and lil rant he went on) were tacky and disrespectful.

it was and the intent behind it was still nasty and mean spirited, then to top it off he says he should have sucker punched him...how is any of that shit called for......I see what I need to do here :filenails:

A printscreen < a video

At the end of it Will's actions (the smack and lil rant he went on) were tacky and disrespectful.

Will Smith is damn near a comedian in my book. If Bernie Mac said it, everyone would be laughing. :rolleyes: The little nudge to the face seemed in decent spirit more than anything else. You can kiss a dude but can't take a little rough horseplay? C'mon now.

Maybe will smith is bi/gay after all.....any man secure is his heterosexuality wouldn't react like that - that kind of response is a mini panic - almost worried about getting found out.

:lol:! I agree