VIBE just needs to quit!!!!

Illi

sexy-issue-vibe-2012_0-469x600.jpg

Role models? Outside of Kandi (to some extent), I would not want my daughter nor niece to look up to these bitches. I can't teach them to aim low.

Then they had the nerve to call Star Jones irrelevant when she's way more accomplished.

I think the point to be made with the cover is that in supporting what these women (their shows, therefore their actions, etc.) you are making promoting them to an esteem that most would find where role models would be. If you encourage them, some young women out there who weren't taught any better will figure "hey, I guess this is how I should grow up to be."

I don't know for sure, maybe that's just what I'm hoping the message is since I REALLY don't want these women to be seen as legit role models, but that's my impression based on who they picked.

• Upvote 1

That is a badly done cover with too much photoshop and strange poses. I couldn't tell who was standing between Kandi and Evilyn, whoever that is doesn't look like Tamar.

I don't look at reality stars or entertainers as role models until they do something constructive and positive with their platform.

They're all so...insignificant.

except that 1 with the grammy :thumbup:

For real tho, why not put 1 of the ATL housewives who isnt doing or worth shit on the cover? Kandi really is the only normal 1 and the only 1 who made her millions, they shoulda got Nene, she would've fit in perfectly with those other 3 lol :coffee: I love Tamar, but she is sooooo far from a role model.....wish ma daughter or 1 of my sisters would show a inch of Tamar....I'm ready eveyln12.gif

eveyln13.gif

except that 1 with the grammy :thumbup:

For real tho, why not put 1 of the ATL housewives who isnt doing or worth shit on the cover? Kandi really is the only normal 1 and the only 1 who made her millions, they shoulda got Nene, she would've fit in perfectly with those other 3 lol :coffee: I love Tamar, but she is sooooo far from a role model.....wish ma daughter or 1 of my sisters would show a inch of Tamar....I'm ready

She's still insignificant tho. They all have attitude issues imo and think they're above it.

She's still insignificant tho. They all have attitude issues imo and think they're above it.

But how? The hit's that she's made are legendary, her contributions to the music world have been pretty massive over the last 15 years. And she's the only 1 of the 4 who really dont have a attitude problem, if you come at her she'll give it back, but still of the chicks on the ATL housewives, she's the normal 1 lol. Wheres on the other 3 shows......the other 3 are THE MOST LOL.

But how? The hit's that she's made are legendary, her contributions to the music world have been pretty massive over the last 15 years. And she's the only 1 of the 4 who really dont have a attitude problem, if you come at her she'll give it back, but still of the chicks on the ATL housewives, she's the normal 1 lol. Wheres on the other 3 shows......the other 3 are THE MOST LOL.

No Scrubs? Bills Bills Bills? Sorry but they're hardly legendary or changed the face of music. She's no Diane Warren lol.

No Scrubs? Bills Bills Bills? Sorry but they're hardly legendary or changed the face of music. She's no Diane Warren lol.

LOL I'll give you that she's no Dionne Warren, but 2 of those songs are pretty mega hits (I consider them legendary). Both are widely considered "Anthems" for a reason, and both songs propelled both groups to more success. And it's light years more than any of the other 3 have done, like distant galaxy's. :whistle:

LOL I'll give you that she's no Dionne Warren, but 2 of those songs are pretty mega hits (I consider them legendary). Both are widely considered "Anthems" for a reason, and both songs propelled both groups to more success. And it's light years more than any of the other 3 have done, like distant galaxy's. :whistle:

They were mega hits but legendary? No Scrubs - perhaps but Bills Bills Bills (the step-sister and rip off No Scrubs) certainly isn't even though I love that song - Say My Name was the bigger, better and more memorable hit albeit promoted with controv. Bills was probably one of their forgotten singles until Glee revived it. I'm not dissing her...I love all of Kandis songs but I really think you're overrating her lol. She can't be that great if two of her biggest hits sound the same and have a recycled theme...it's very Stargate/The Dream like. Even Keri Hilson has written mega hits...

They were mega hits but legendary? No Scrubs - perhaps but Bills Bills Bills (the step-sister and rip off No Scrubs) certainly isn't even though I love that song - Say My Name was the bigger, better and more memorable hit albeit promoted with controv. Bills was probably one of their forgotten singles until Glee revived it. I'm not dissing her...I love all of Kandis songs but I really think you're overrating her lol. She can't be that great if two of her biggest hits sound the same and have a recycled theme...it's very Stargate/The Dream like. Even Keri Hilson has written mega hits...

LOL it is The-dream like, but still, Im just sayin, the chick really is a somebody, out of the people on the housewives and those 3. And hey, forgetable or not, it was dem bitches 1st #1 and the song that 1st blew them up, and ofcourse Say My Name is the bigger & Better song and took them to the next level. But still you get my point. LOL And I'm glad your not dissing her....she's like the only reality TV chick I stan for LOL, but it's cause I REALLY do think she's the only 1 worth it anything lol.

I'll give Kandi big props for writing She Can't Love You and Hey Ladies though - I didn't know she wrote them :clapping:. Is there a list of what she's written?

(I think the list is longer than this tho, cause I know she worked with Mariah & Lil Kim but both names arent on the list)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandi_Burruss_discography#Production_Discography

I DIDNT KNOW SHE DID TELL ME NO ON MY LOVE IS YOUR LOVE (until the RHATL reunion ofcourse) .......CH....I am not that big on that album but thats ma shit

I think the point to be made with the cover is that in supporting what these women (their shows, therefore their actions, etc.) you are making promoting them to an esteem that most would find where role models would be. If you encourage them, some young women out there who weren't taught any better will figure "hey, I guess this is how I should grow up to be."

I don't know for sure, maybe that's just what I'm hoping the message is since I REALLY don't want these women to be seen as legit role models, but that's my impression based on who they picked.

Exactly!

Vibe was being sarcastic with the headline, but their point is valid. These women are some of the most popular representations of women of color on TV today. And thats a sad thought. :mellow: