The Janet Vocals Thread.

Unbreakable.

As you all may know at this point, Janet's voice is one of the best in the industry. It can be smooth, raspy, emotional, sexy...You name it. Her versatility is unparalleled. I mean this woman can sing anything from "Rhythm Nation" to "Bust It Baby". :mellow: And she always sings from the heart. Every harmony, adlib and melody is there because she felt it.

This thread is dedicated to the greatness that is Janet's voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSg5DCet9A

Her vulnerability and lower register on this song...

Crying.gif

• Upvote 1

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve that part of Days Go By, that part was my ringtone for like 2years. You forgot too, Janet could(can, who knows) do the whistle register, like to me thats what makes Love Will Never Do my fave song of hers, because of the vocal changes and range, and because of the background harmony's and the beat. I LOVE the beat but this remix showcases her vocals more than the album/regular beat. And that heavenly opening of the background vocals, woooooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IrNpa6a5c

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve that part of Days Go By, that part was my ringtone for like 2years. You forgot too, Janet could(can, who knows) do the whistle register, like to me thats what makes Love Will Never Do my fave song of hers, because of the vocal changes and range, and because of the background harmony's and the beat. I LOVE the beat but this remix showcases her vocals more than the album/regular beat. And that heavenly opening of the background vocals, woooooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IrNpa6a5c

I'm sure she can go into the whistle register. Her lower register has that whispery tone to it.

I'd LOOOOOVE for Janet not to so much do a replica of the song and how it's formatted, but I'd just love a song where it shocases her full range, in every way possible, and still have background harmony's that slayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my life.

I dont know if I asked this question here, but its the perfect thread to, do you guys think we've heard all of Janet's voice? Like do you think she might be holding back even with songs like LWND, and might have a louder voice than we're used to? I dont know what it is, but I feel like she might, like she might have some pipes that she's either not comfortable doing or with the way she sounds doing it. Maybe we'll find out 1 day, sure as hell hope so.

• Upvote 1

I'd LOOOOOVE for Janet not to so much do a replica of the song and how it's formatted, but I'd just love a song where it shocases her full range, in every way possible, and still have background harmony's that slayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my life.

I dont know if I asked this question here, but its the perfect thread to, do you guys think we've heard all of Janet's voice? Like do you think she might be holding back even with songs like LWND, and might have a louder voice than we're used to? I dont know what it is, but I feel like she might, like she might have some pipes that she's either not comfortable doing or with the way she sounds doing it. Maybe we'll find out 1 day, sure as hell hope so.

I think she's covered her amazing vocal range thoroughly through her discography. I mean Theres so many aspects to her voice. She never sounds the same.

As you all may know at this point, Janet's voice is one of the best in the industry. It can be smooth, raspy, emotional, sexy...You name it. Her versatility is unparalleled. I mean this woman can sing anything from "Rhythm Nation" to "Bust It Baby". :mellow: And she always sings from the heart. Every harmony, adlib and melody is there because she felt it.

This thread is dedicated to the greatness that is Janet's voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSg5DCet9A

Her vulnerability and lower register on this song...

Crying.gif

ummmm i love mariah and all but "the voice" is already claimed by whitney houston sooooo no

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=STbZ1JUTfMY

O.MA.GOD.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS VOICE I CANT BELIEVE IT'S UNDER ALL THAT OVER THE TOP HEAVY PRODUCTION! AND CRITICS WANNA TALK ABOUT HER VOICE BEING SOFT?!?!?!?!?! THIS VOICE IS HEAVENLY, AND HEAVY SHE SANGIN THIS SONG. I never loved this song as much as I do with this, this..................OK, I love Jam & Lewis, and think they made some masterpieces with Janet, but lately listening to her back catalog (cause theres no new stuff to take my attention) I'm noticing the backing tracks are HEAVILY louder than her voice where in alot of cases it does not need to be, and it's what critics almost always seemed to pick on. But this song is a perfect example. I always loved her voice in it (before I knew how brilliant it sounded acapella), and I always liked the background vocals and the lyrics, and Johnny Gil's moments too, but that backing music is fucking toooooooooo much like way to over the top for the song, and I think takes away from the song. And this Acapella version kinda proves that (and I'm finding that with alot of her stuff)

I Know The Truth ft Elton John :tear:

Queen MURDERED that song!!! U hear me??! Killed it, skinned it & left it on the side of the road for DEAD!

Hate when people only say she mumbles &/or whispers only knowing & judging from 1 or 2 songs. If they took the time to explore her entire discography.....know what, lemme stop :rolleyes:

Anyway, Queen is the Queen of Harmonies also. Let's get into them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UviNGOtVtY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...