Discography Chat: Paula Abdul

jarrylf

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Paula album?

• Forever Your Girl (1988)
    • Spellbound (1991)
    • Head Over Heels (1995)

Paula_Abdul6.jpg

Forever ma girl, I love Paula, and all her crazyness lol. I'm aware that she wasnt much of a vocalist, but I like that she wrote alot of her songs and hits and I wish she would've kept going after Head Over Heels, like I know her injury's and health stopped her recording career (did you guys know she broke her ankle in rehearsal, and didnt even realize it till like month later, and had performed on it and rehearsed on it?.......thats a dancer), but I wish she still put out some hott dance music and she didnt have to have the hot videos and performances (weird to think I know) but I really enjoy her music

Forever your girl, my favorite album by her, like I think this album ofcourse was a GREAT introduction (besides all the promo she got being known as Janet's girl & choreographer). I LOVE this album it's soooo HOTTNESS, and even the ballad is real nice, I do like every single song on this album from beginning to end, my picks are Straight Up (duh), Forever Your Girl (duh), IT'S JUST THE WAY THAT YOU LOVE ME!!!! (MA JAMMMM!!!), Oppesites Attract (duh), Cold Hearted Snake (duh), Next To You, and I Need You. LOVES EM ALL

Spellbound, I like this album alot, and I think she updated and upgraded her sound, but I never liked it more than Forever Your Girl, honestly I always kinda found this album and era overrated. I LOOOOOOVE Rush Rush, Blowing Kisses in the wind, Vibeology, and My foolish heart. I like it as the album it is, but I dont get the hype, and the tour was EPICNESSSSSSSSSSSSS (Under My Spell Tour, check youtube, Tyce from TVR was a dancer for it), but I wasnt that impressed with this album.

Head Over heels, the complete opposite of what I said about Spellbound, I lOVE this album, and it has hands down my favorite Paula song she ever recoreded (MY LOVE IS FOR REAL), but it was such a good and eclectic album, and it's just underrated as hell, I think it was ahead of it's time. I also love CrazyCool, Aint Never Gonna Give You Up, If I were your girl, It's all about feelin good, Ho-Down, Get your Groove On, Cry for me (so smooth), and Sexy thoughts.

Also, I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE Dance Like Theres No Tomorrow, it's the track Janet should've had, that song is just awsomeness at it's best, and is just hot as all hell. Now that "Im just here for the music" song she released later...no thanks.

My ranking

1.Forever your Girl

2.Head Over Heels

3.Spellbound

Previous installments of Discography chat

Toni Braxton-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue-

Destiny's Child-

Mariah Carey-

Whitney Houston-

Ludacris-

Mary J. Blige-

Jill Scott-

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/page__p__347850__fromsearch__1#entry347850

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/page__p__344395__fromsearch__1#entry344395

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/page__p__345101__fromsearch__1#entry345101

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/page__p__342386__fromsearch__1#entry342386

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/page__p__343497__fromsearch__1#entry343497

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/page__p__345998__fromsearch__1#entry345998

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/page__p__352333__hl__discography__fromsearch__1#entry352333

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/page__p__347780__hl__discography__fromsearch__1#entry347780

I gotta say I like her voice alot more than Madonnas, but yea she really does not have any real range or potential with her voicelol. Vocally her best stuff by far is My Love Is For Real, but yea she's a singles artist definitely, but her albums got some good stuff too.

Forever Your Girl is the only album of hers I've listened to. I own it actually. ^_^

I've listened to her greatest hits compilation and I have to say, her other singles do not interest me in the least. "Vibeology" is the only one I remember, and for all the wrong reasons.

I kinda agree with the single artist comments. The thing is that artistically, she only managed to be decent but not great.

I own FYG and Spellbound so I can comment on both.

Forever your girl was cute. The writing wasn't necessarily great and I don't think the album flowed that well, but its highlights were the best among her three albums. Opposites Attract, Forever Your Girl, Cold Hearted, Straight Up knocked hard!!!!!

Spellbound flowed better, was more artistic and better written and produced, but its highlights were weaker than FYG. Vibeology is the definite stick out strack, I listened to it a few times today. Songs like Rush Rush, Promise of a New Day, Alright Tonight are notable.

Head over Heels reminds me of 20YO and Discipline. It had a handful of decent tracks, but it managed to be overall unimpressive and forgettable.

I do like with Head Over Heels that she did a drastic change but still had that Paula essence to it and to certain tracks, like (sorry to keep bringing this song up but damnit......I loves it) My Love Is For Real is NOTHING, like anything on her previous albums, but it has that Paula vibe and sense too it too, like if I didnt know who it is, I wouldnt guess Paula, but I wouldnt be suprised either you know? I didnt like the album besides that song when I 1st got her albums, but then I grew to love it more than Spellbound

Forever Your Girl is one of the first albums i ever owned, along with RN...yet I cant remember most of the songs on there other than Opposites Attract, Knocked Out, Cold Hearted Snake & I Need You.

Spellbound reminds me of my school trip to Paris ^_^ It was a very fresh album, very Princesque.

Vibeology, Spellbound, U, Blowing Kisses In Rain :cry:, My Foolish Heart are top. As a performer, Paula is amazing.

• Upvote 1

Forever Your Girl ... because it's got "Opposites Attract." :P (although not my favorite version since it doesn't have the raps -_-). I've watched that video a hundred times, it's one of my all-time favorites! Of course there's also her breakout single "Straight Up," and other favorites of mine "Knocked Out" and "It's Just The Way You Love Me." All the singles were solid.

From the last two albums, I've only heard (you guessed it) the singles lol. I just own the Greatest Hits, and it's a great overview only really missing "Will You Marry Me." For 90s Paula, "Rush Rush," "Vibelogy" (the Hip-House Mix), and "My Love Is For Real" stood out the most to me.

Overall, she's of my favorite dancers in pop music... I especially love the choreography in her first videos. And while certainly not the greatest singer, I still find her listenable. Honestly, I prefer her voice over Rihanna's. (No offense intended, just stating my brutal personal opinion lol)

And the main reason I'll always love Paula... she gave us MC Skat Kat! :excited:(who should've gotten his own TV show but I digress lol)

Forever Your Girl ... because it's got "Opposites Attract." :P (although not my favorite version since it doesn't have the raps -_-). I've watched that video a hundred times, it's one of my all-time favorites! Of course there's also her breakout single "Straight Up," and other favorites of mine "Knocked Out" and "It's Just The Way You Love Me." All the singles were solid.

From the last two albums, I've only heard (you guessed it) the singles lol. I just own the Greatest Hits, and it's a great overview only really missing "Will You Marry Me." For 90s Paula, "Rush Rush," "Vibelogy" (the Hip-House Mix), and "My Love Is For Real" stood out the most to me.

Overall, she's of my favorite dancers in pop music... I especially love the choreography in her first videos. And while certainly not the greatest singer, I still find her listenable. Honestly, I prefer her voice over Rihanna's. (No offense intended, just stating my brutal personal opinion lol)

And the main reason I'll always love Paula... she gave us MC Skat Kat! :excited:(who should've gotten his own TV show but I digress lol)

YOU KNOOOOOOW I only got that greatest Hit's album for that version of Oppesites Attract! LOL

I never truly got into Paula. I own (and love) Forever Your Girl and Spellbound, but I never stuck with her beyond those two. Like others have said, she seems more of a singles artist to me - albeit a pretty great one. Her string of number ones from FYG was no fluke - they're all great pop singles. And I adore 'Rush Rush' to this day. My fave track from her, though, is 'My Love Is For Real'. The intro alone shits on lives.

My ranking...

1. Spellbound

2. Forever Your Girl

3. Head Over Heels