Discography Chat: TLC

jarrylf

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite TLC Album?

• Oooooooooh...On The TLC Tip (1992)
    • Crazy,Sexy,Cool (1994)
    • Fanmail (1999)
    • 3D(2002)

Yass!! At those videos!! They were really good dancers. Other groups could never :filenails:

EVER, and who came up with the dance moves again? OH WAIT, that was Chili & T-Boz...not Lisa. So the idea that she did everything and they were her backup is just.....I cant stop laughing, that really does make me laugh. I mean damn. YES they slayed them moves. YOU SEE IN THE 99 PERFORMANCE, they was fuckin tap dancin and killin every move both times. They were definitely the higher rank when it came to dance, cause their moves were popular too, and signatures.

LOL he's entertaining me with this, I've laughed so damn hard with some of these post, my God, but it is sad that instead of either admitting he's wrong or just getting over the fact that he lost this argument from the beginning and instead is just going on and on and on, and making himself look worst, I mean..........I'm havhing to do virtually nothing and have/know all the facts on my side.

It's in his nature to argue. He's admitted before that he could be proven wrong, but still will argue for shits and giggles. That's why I pay his ass no mind.. :coffee:

But he's felt this way a long time ago about TLC.. :asham:

Like I said it would look that way to somenone who's not a fan. And yea frankly I'm not big on any of their solo stuff aside from Supernova, but Tionne does still have the highes charting solo song of the 3.....

Yea but it's fun, and I dont mind tacky lol, and it's just pointing out that it's always hilarious that the people who give TLC crap are fans/stans of DC(Bey).

Yea 3D did flop when it didnt have to but only because the promo was horrible, they did all their appearances like months before the release, and then months after, and didnt perform any of their 3 singles from that album anywhere, and their performances slayed hell their promo slayed for the previous albums. Yea I dont think they lost their careers so to say because of their financial battle (which it's only been Tionne who has sickle cell, and had to have a brain tumor removed like in 09, I havent heard a single problem about Chili's finances over the years). But their careers not over until they say it is

But it wouldn't look that way to a fan who wants their group to be great. A fan can't see what "normal" people see. Just like you can't see why people are fans of Beyonce etc. (I'm trying not to use the word stan :lol:). Similarly it could be said that the people that give DC crap by comparing them are usually the ones bothered by them haha. It can go both ways.

Honestly, I disagree with why you think 3D flopped. If Aaliyah could finally get a #1 in the UK by passing away then there was no reason why Girl Talk should have stalled at 23 or whatever # it got at here. People get more successful after a death but TLC never really benefited from that. TC were everywhere promoting before, during and after - I distinctly remember it. I'm not sure in the US but I know for a fact that in the UK they had music shows about them, behind the music, lisa tributes and even that MTV interview with chilli and T-Boz that kept airing over and over. It had more promo than a lot of albums that year - I was truly disappointed that the sales didn't match.

Getcha life :coffee: They even had Janet stannin for them @ the 95 VMA's (T-Boz: "I remember seeing Janet standin up for us") Their moves shattered most groups they competed with.

They can dance, I never denied that...and their No Scrubs performance will go down as one of the best VMA moments but "legendary"? That's a reach.

Yeah but 3D is a good album from start to finish. Fanmail was really patchy but had bigger standouts.

I agree - 3D is a hot album and the only album that I have actually heard of theres a part from ooooh on the TLC tip. Fanmail - I tried listenign once but couldn't get into it (although Silly Ho is my fave).

I agree - 3D is a hot album and the only album that I have actually heard of theres a part from ooooh on the TLC tip. Fanmail - I tried listenign once but couldn't get into it (although Silly Ho is my fave).

You haven't heard crazysexycool? One of the best albums ever?!

I like Kick Your Game. I love Let's Do It Again - it reminds me of Moesha for some reason :lol:.

Did you get as far as Lisa's raps? "miss left eye, all I wanna do is kiss your hand, let you know that I'm not just another fan, I am the man and I don't give a damn....." love it!

Did you get as far as Lisa's raps? "miss left eye, all I wanna do is kiss your hand, let you know that I'm not just another fan, I am the man and I don't give a damn....." love it!

I did :)! I love any song with Lisa on it anyway since she's the best member :D!

But it wouldn't look that way to a fan who wants their group to be great. A fan can't see what "normal" people see. Just like you can't see why people are fans of Beyonce etc. (I'm trying not to use the word stan :lol:). Similarly it could be said that the people that give DC crap by comparing them are usually the ones bothered by them haha. It can go both ways.

Honestly, I disagree with why you think 3D flopped. If Aaliyah could finally get a #1 in the UK by passing away then there was no reason why Girl Talk should have stalled at 23 or whatever # it got at here. People get more successful after a death but TLC never really benefited from that. TC were everywhere promoting before, during and after - I distinctly remember it. I'm not sure in the US but I know for a fact that in the UK they had music shows about them, behind the music, lisa tributes and even that MTV interview with chilli and T-Boz that kept airing over and over. It had more promo than a lot of albums that year - I was truly disappointed that the sales didn't match.

They can dance, I never denied that...and their No Scrubs performance will go down as one of the best VMA moments but "legendary"? That's a reach.

Actually it could look that way to people who are fans of the group but are fans of specific members, just like all groups with no lead singers, each member has a fanbase that says their fave member is the group and without them the rest are nobodies. But because they've had so much success on songs where Lisa does not even have a solo, it really says that's bull. That dont happen in groups when you have a member who "is" the group, it never does. But I guess thats a view only from people who are still fans of DC, but it REALLY does not explain all the over the top outrage and hate (which Austin has kindly and foolishly demonstrated for the last few pages) thats ONLY with Bey stans and literally nobody else. I've had discussions with EV fans and SG fans, they are soooo cool about TLC I've never had to shut any of them down the way I have to do with Bey stans, they never made up bullshit or went on their opinions as facts, mostly they recognized that tho TLC might not be even their favorite group (they arent mine), they slayed and are desserving of their legendary status, meanwhile, I've had NOTHING but this same argument with Bey stans about TLC, it's sad and VERY telling......and very easy.

Yea TLC never benefited from Lisa's Death with THAT album (their past albums and songs sold more) because tho it is a good album it was not their best like I and others said. And Aaliyah actually got to promote Aaliyah, and perform the songs on shows, TLC didnt. The reason 3D flopped is because nobody promoted it, Girltalk got constant video and radio play but they didnt step out to promote it, it all goes to what I said a while back, they maybe should've waited for Summer 2003 to release it, but they did when they did, had problems promoting it and with the singles and there you go. LOL TLC was everywhere before the Girltalk video dropped, I promise you that, and they more so promoted that they were still together and their last studio times with Lisa than the album itself.

I call their moves legendary because they are the only group (of SG, EV, & DC) that had signature moves and were referenced for them, the other groups could dance (even the SG....tho they were definitely the bottom of the others in that) but TLC was at the top of the girl groups who danced in the 90's.

OMG........................how can you not have Crazy,Sexy,Cool Bu.........That would help you get the picture of how they were a unit so damn much. To me, thats the album there that shows off their skills more than the other 3, and their legacy. Get on dat Bu, I highly doubt you'd regret it.

T-Boz & Chili went INNNN on Let's Do It Again, I love Chili's moaning and then the ALLLLLLLL NIIIIIIGHHHHT LOOOONNNNG, ALLLLLL NIIIGHHIIIGHHT LOOOONG.

I think hands down thats my fave Chili song behind No Scrubs

Agreed

Legendary dance moves? Really?

Anyway. TLC got plenty of airplay in the UK after Lisa died. People just didn't buy the music.

The way TLC changed the 'butterfly' in "Creep" was legendary. The flip on the 'Bankhead bounce' was legendary. The routine on "What About Your Friends" was legendary. Lets no trip. TLC brought Atlanta to the forefront of the music scene and opened so many doors. Destiny's Child was just hanging out the passenger side of TLC's ride.

• Upvote 1

The way TLC changed the 'butterfly' in "Creep" was legendary. The flip on the 'Bankhead bounce' was legendary. The routine on "What About Your Friends" was legendary. Lets no trip. TLC brought Atlanta to the forefront of the music scene and opened so many doors.

1199463_o.gif