Discography Chat: TLC

jarrylf

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite TLC Album?

• Oooooooooh...On The TLC Tip (1992)
    • Crazy,Sexy,Cool (1994)
    • Fanmail (1999)
    • 3D(2002)

:lol: Oh it's so funny because I say the same EXACT thing about Destiny's Child, but unlike them, TLC also had substance, and carried the Safe Sex Message during the time when it was new and needed.

I wouldn't necessarily call begging for dick "substance". I wouldn't call advertising a "red light special" "substance". I wouldn't call "I'm good at being bad" "substance". But be that as it may, that's beside the point.

LOL You say Tionne struggled I say she slayed, she's proven she has a upper and lower register to her voice, all in Red Light Special alone :lol:

"Red Light Special"? The same song where Tionne's vocal range in the melody spans up to what...D4? =\

Um actually Lisa's raps didnt make those songs, the Hook for both did, Lisa's raps for both only contributed to the greatness, I mean it's noticeable when radio cuts them, but both raps are at the end of the song (wheres with Not Tonight, she was only the 3rd rapper in line) but when people play clips of both of those songs on commercials for mix CD's and when people sing the songs, they sing the chorus, not Lisa's raps lol. Oh and they did have competition, En Vogue was also marketed on both sides (pop & R&B), TLC also catered to the kid audience, but unlike another group that did, they gave them a endless supply of messeges to learn from in their music. :good:

Lisa raps MADE their biggest hits. At the peak of the video age, why do you think Lisa raps were included in the video? Some stations where I lived in CA would only play the versions with Lisa raps. :lmao: Hell even when I hear the songs on the radio today they only play the version with Lisa's raps. :lol: Like it or not, she was the highlight of the track. She brought flavor to the track to compensate for Tionne and Chilli's lack of vocal talent.

I wouldn't necessarily call begging for dick "substance". I wouldn't call advertising a "red light special" "substance". I wouldn't call "I'm good at being bad" "substance". But be that as it may, that's beside the point.

"Red Light Special"? The same song where Tionne's vocal range in the melody spans up to what...D4? =\

Lisa raps MADE their biggest hits. At the peak of the video age, why do you think Lisa raps were included in the video? Some stations where I lived in CA would only play the versions with Lisa raps. :lmao: Hell even when I hear the songs on the radio today they only play the version with Lisa's raps. :lol: Like it or not, she was the highlight of the track. She brought flavor to the track to compensate for Tionne and Chilli's lack of vocal talent.

LOFL, yea but I would call What About your friends, Hat 2 da back, His-story, I can depend on myself, waterfalls, Case of the fake people, switch, sumthin wicked this way comes, No Scrubs, Fanmail, silly ho, Dear Lie, Unpretty, My Life, turn table, damaged, so so dumb, and good love substance. And that is the point, their substance in all of the songs above that they advertised more than anything had a major role in what makes them unique and among the best.

OH and how they made "begging for dick substance" because they were pretty much saying since men can do that for pussy, why cant a women do that for dick without being labeled a ho, and thats how that is substance. :coffee:

But what flavor did Lisa bring to Creep or Unpretty that got them to #1? And even if it was the case, why exactly would you use that against them when a lessor group has a member that contributed more than her...I mean their other members. So using "Lisa made that group" all around is irrelevant to the entire argument. BUT unlike TLC, DC proved members are easily replaceble as long as Bey is there, other groups where the members are actually outspoken and have their own sets of fans dont have the same thing. TLC only works best with those 3 women, it's not something where you'll have 1 lead singer and 2 backup, all 3 women contributed to their success and sound. Whether you like it or get it or not, people love T-Boz's voice, people love Chili's voice, people loved Lisa's skills, and people love TLC's music and what they gave the 90's, and TLC is a better group than others that they share the top spot with. :thumbup:

I ain't ever been a silly bitch waitin to get rich from another bank account!

DC needs to pay homage to TLC for jacking their sound and vibe after No Scrubs. Without jacking them for Bills Bills Bills DC would most likely have disappeared into the land that Mya currently occupies.

• Upvote 1

I ain't ever been a silly bitch waitin to get rich from another bank account!

DC needs to pay homage to TLC for jacking their sound and vibe after No Scrubs. Without jacking them for Bills Bills Bills DC would most likely have disappeared into the land that Mya currently occupies.

All truth, hell TLC did let them open their Fanmail tour sometimes lol.

Naw it's definitely TLC. If you look at all of the girl groups of the time - Xscape, SWV, Destiny's Child, EnVogue, Spice Girls, and Brownstone - TLC was DEFINITELY the least talented. None of them had exceptional vocal talent (or any type of exceptional talent), they didn't write their music, so they all had pretty much everything handed to them. Their appeal was bigger than their talent. Then people turn around and put them on a pedestal as if they're the quintessential girl group.

BIIIIIIIIITCH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Get off them bathsalts. TLC was a million times more talented than the Spice Girls.

LOFL, yea but I would call What About your friends, Hat 2 da back, His-story, I can depend on myself, waterfalls, Case of the fake people, switch, sumthin wicked this way comes, No Scrubs, Fanmail, silly ho, Dear Lie, Unpretty, My Life, turn table, damaged, so so dumb, and good love substance. And that is the point, their substance in all of the songs above that they advertised more than anything had a major role in what makes them unique and among the best.

Same thing could be said about other groups that you claim have no substance. I love it when you walk right in to my traps. :thumbup:

OH and how they made "begging for dick substance" because they were pretty much saying since men can do that for pussy, why cant a women do that for dick without being labeled a ho, and thats how that is substance. :coffee:

Naw, they were flat out begging for dick. Filthy hoars.

But what flavor did Lisa bring to Creep or Unpretty that got them to #1?

Remember they cut out Lisa's rap on "Creep"? Some group huh?

mAnd even if it was the case, why exactly would you use that against them when a lessor group has a member that contributed more than her...I mean their other members. So using "Lisa made that group" all around is irrelevant to the entire argument. BUT unlike TLC, DC proved members are easily replaceble as long as Bey is there, other groups where the members are actually outspoken and have their own sets of fans dont have the same thing. TLC only works best with those 3 women, it's not something where you'll have 1 lead singer and 2 backup, all 3 women contributed to their success and sound. Whether you like it or get it or not, people love T-Boz's voice, people love Chili's voice, people loved Lisa's skills, and people love TLC's music and what they gave the 90's, and TLC is a better group than others that they share the top spot with. :thumbup:

TLC only works best with Lisa. Why do you think they still failed when O' So Krispy or whatever her name was tried to "perform" with them? That plug of them not replacing Lisa was more transparent than a glass window. Funny how they chose a rapper with a boisterous personality. Coincidence? I think not. The reason why TLC can't go on is because Lisa is no longer with them. Lisa WAS the group. She was the personality of the group. She made TLC interesting outside of their music. Watch their interviews, it's clear who commanded the attention. She was the one with the ideas behind their image. It was obvious she had more creative input than the other two bores had combined.

BTW, your constant comparing of TLC to DC only illustrates that using DC as the measuring stick shows that they're the ones to beat, but don't quite amount up to, and that TLC isn't good enough to stand on their own merits.

Get off them bathsalts. TLC was a million times more talented than the Spice Girls.

In what worlds? ALL of the Spice Girls were better singers, writers, and performers than ALL of the girls in TLC. =\

It's no secret that TLC are my favourite group of all time. From the jump they came with the perfect blend of street and sexy. They were cool enough to hang with the guys, yet pretty enough for the girls to envy. I loved everything they stood for. Three unique voices, looks, and attitudes set them apart from all the rest. They are the quintessential cool group.

Oooooooohhh.... On The TLC Tip was a great debut. Around the time of Kris Kross, Shai, Riff, and a lot of other boy groups, these chicks were one up on all of them. 'What About Your Friends' is as sharp now as it was twenty years ago. 'Baby-Baby-Baby' is timeless. And the album features Left Eye's best rapping. She didn't do nearly enough of it on the others. My fave track from this is still 'Das Da Way We Like 'Em', which features all three of them rapping, and they all killed it.

CrazySexyCool is a masterpiece. When you talk about evolution in an artist, this is what you compare it to. In the space of just two years these girls had transformed from brats into sophisticated women, dripping with class. They had long championed the message of safe sex and to see it brought to musical life on 'Waterfalls' was beautiful. There isn't one thing I would alter about this album, it's just that good. And it's stood the test of time. Their slow jams on CSC are up there with the best of their peers then and now. And half of them weren't even released.

FanMail, again, is a perfect example of evolution. Their sound, their image, their videos. What a way to come back. 'No Scrubs' changed music. Whether or not the girls were the masterminds isn't an issue, their execution was never matched. Something as simple as Chilli on that swing is enough to emphasise their unrivalled brand of cool. Everything about them seemed so effortless. You can't tell me one thing they've done ever sounded contrived, even when bringing their ho game on the blistering 'I'm Good At Being Bad'. I only wish they'd pulled more singles off this album. 'Dear Lie' was a mistake, and as a result 'Unpretty' is the last hit single TLC would enjoy.

3D breaks my heart. There are some great moments (namely 'Hands Up', 'Damaged', even 'Girl Talk'), but when I play it now I'm left with that feeling like they just shouldn't have done it. Piecing it together with verses Left Eye never got the final say on feels eerie (see also: the Michael album). I was let down by their work with The Neptunes and Timbaland. I just hoped for a lot more. The album isn't terrible, but it's hardly a fair representation of TLC.

I will say, their Best Of is electrifying. I'll never understand why Left Eye's rap isn't on the album version of 'No Scrubs', but you get it here. Along with the Prince-penned 'Get It Up' (from PJ :wub:) and 'Come Get Some', which suits them perfectly. The only downside being 'Whoop De Woo', which is fun, but it bothers me that they re-hashed Left Eye's verse from Toni Braxton's 'Gimme Some'. All in all though, very solid.

When it's all said and done, I too wish they had drawn inspiration from their behind-the-scenes drama, but it wasn't to be. What they lacked in songwriting ability and business sense they more than made up for in chemistry, and obviously that was enough to resonate with the masses. They remain my favourite group of all time.

My ranking:

1. CrazySexyCool

2. FanMail

3. Oooooooohhh.... On The TLC Tip

4. 3D

BIIIIIIIIITCH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:wink:

• Upvote 1

Same thing could be said about other groups that you claim have no substance. I love it when you walk right in to my traps. :thumbup:

Naw, they were flat out begging for dick. Filthy hoars.

Remember they cut out Lisa's rap on "Creep"? Some group huh?

TLC only works best with Lisa. Why do you think they still failed when O' So Krispy or whatever her name was tried to "perform" with them? That plug of them not replacing Lisa was more transparent than a glass window. Funny how they chose a rapper with a boisterous personality. Coincidence? I think not. The reason why TLC can't go on is because Lisa is no longer with them. Lisa WAS the group. She was the personality of the group. She made TLC interesting outside of their music. Watch their interviews, it's clear who commanded the attention. She was the one with the ideas behind their image. It was obvious she had more creative input than the other two bores had combined.

BTW, your constant comparing of TLC to DC only illustrates that using DC as the measuring stick shows that they're the ones to beat, but don't quite amount up to, and that TLC isn't good enough to stand on their own merits.

In what worlds? ALL of the Spice Girls were better singers, writers, and performers than ALL of the girls in TLC. =\

LOFL ah tooo easy.

The lessor group DC, advertised this stuff, AFTER TLC did, TLC was the 1st group to really do the anthems, the lessor group that is known for copying.....well you know where this is going, and is true. (tho they never really advertised safe sex did they......)

Wll I guess a Bey stan who does not want to acknowlege that TLC is the better group would see their sexual stuff that way, the same way Janet haters call her a whore, but if your a fan and know the meanings, you know better.

Actually what proof do you even have that Lisa's rap was cut from Creep? How do you know she didnt later add it to the remix?

Actually, no, again, O'so Krispie only proved me right, it only works best with the original members that the public knew best (same with En Vogue, & The Spice Girls), nobody's checkin for replacements, thats a real group, and not a singer with 3-4 backups lol. :thumbup: And to someone who's not a fan it would look like Lisa was the group, I've had to explain this to alot of Bey fans cause they dont get it (and how it contradicts that messy group she was in), but the proof that Lisa was NOT "the group" Is that they have #1 songs without her, which cant be said for other groups.

:lmao: Actually no, I'm bringing up that lessor group because I always find it so ironic when Bey fans want to call DC a "real" group but discredit TLC, so basically Im just knocking them down because it's fun and easy, especially against TLC (or EV & The Spice Girls). :dance:

It's all just too easy.

LOFL ah tooo easy.

The lessor group DC, advertised this stuff, AFTER TLC did, TLC was the 1st group to really do the anthems, the lessor group that is known for copying.....well you know where this is going, and is true. (tho they never really advertised safe sex did they......)

deadbananatree.png

Actually what proof do you even have that Lisa's rap was cut from Creep? How do you know she didnt later added to the remix?

Actually, no, again, O'so Krispie only proved me right, it only works best with the original members that the public knew best (same with En Vogue, & The Spice Girls), nobody's checkin for replacements, thats a real group, and not a singer with 3-4 backups lol. :thumbup: And to someone who's not a fan it would look like Lisa was the group, I've had to explain this to alot of Bey fans cause they dont get it (and how it contradicts that messy group she was in), but the proof that Lisa was NOT "the group" Is that they have #1 songs without her, which cant be said for other groups.

Lisa was the Beyonce of TLC. Lisa was the Diana Ross of TLC. Lisa was the Michael of TLC. TLC suffered greatly without her. Hell when you ask the general public who was their favorite member of TLC, well take a look for yourself:

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f3/spinoff-who-your-favorite-tlc-member-273372/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111021183318AAH7gZK

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090824204313AA0TPkD 71.gif @ the first two answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070625150404AAp2Df2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090824204315AAUuKnE

The people have spoken. Lisa was the only person in TLC that had personality and talent. Why do you think she was asked to be featured on other artists' songs? When did Chilli and Tionne ever get the opportunity? Tionne was boring and her voice couldn't do much, and Chilli was too busy sleeping with their producer. Then they tried to get Krispie to "perform" with them, which in reality they were trying to replace Left Eye (ain't nobody stupid :rolleyes:). None of them had exceptional talents (well Lisa to a small extent), they weren't writers (well Lisa was), and their appeal was bigger than their talent.

deadbananatree.png

Lisa was the Beyonce of TLC. Lisa was the Diana Ross of TLC. Lisa was the Michael of TLC. TLC suffered greatly without her. Hell when you ask the general public who was their favorite member of TLC, well take a look for yourself:

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f3/spinoff-who-your-favorite-tlc-member-273372/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111021183318AAH7gZK

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090824204313AA0TPkD 71.gif @ the first two answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070625150404AAp2Df2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090824204315AAUuKnE

The people have spoken. Lisa was the only person in TLC that had personality and talent. Why do you think she was asked to be featured on other artists' songs? When did Chilli and Tionne ever get the opportunity? Tionne was boring and her voice couldn't do much, and Chilli was too busy sleeping with their producer. Then they tried to get Krispie to "perform" with them, which in reality they were trying to replace Left Eye (ain't nobody stupid :rolleyes:). None of them had exceptional talents (well Lisa to a small extent), they weren't writers (well Lisa was), and their appeal was bigger than their talent.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: oh you try so hard but still nothing

Thats the Creep remix, I have it, AGAIN, wheres the proof she didnt add herself TO THE REMIX? Wheres the proof that her rap was for the original song?

Again.......if that was true, why are there hits and Number ones without Lisa having a single solo in the songs? I'm still waiting for that explination, I mean theres no hit of DC where Michelle sings most of the lead (or all of it), theres no #1 hit that Mary Wilson sang lead on in the supremes, and theres no #1 song that Jermaine Jackson sang the lead vocals for the entire song that Michael didnt. Sooo again, irrelevant. Sorry, T-Boz sang the lead ALONE of Creep and it was the 2nd biggest song of 1995, despite your continued discrediting of it, No Scrubs is No Scrubs because of the chours and the verses that are mostly done by Chili. Nobody ever said Lisa wasnt the most known in the group hell I even said thats what makes T-Boz my fave, is that she has a lil of that Lisa Crazyness, but has the Chili normal and her own swag, lol PLEASE Lisa's the fan favorite hands down, but she's not TLC and she's not nor has she ever been Bey, Diana, Or Michael in their groups. TLC is TLC They were and are stronger together than they are apart, like a real group. If Lisa was that way, Supernova would've sold tons more.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG NO YOU DIDNT HAVE THE NERVE TO SIT HERE AND NOT DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! OH I CANT BELIEVE YOU MADE THIS MISTAKE OF ALL PEOPLE LOFL.............So Lisa's the only 1 whos done guess spots? Then Why was T-Boz on a DaBrat song, Paula Cole, Mack 10,Raphael Saadiq, and YoungBloodZ.

IN FACT T-Boz's solo song Touch Myself charted higher than any of Lisa's solo singles.....but I thought you said Lisa was the talented 1 and Tionne wasn't.....oh no. Now Chili hasnt but hell I think T-Boz proved my point very nicely.

So...........that'll be a no for you again.

it's always the Bey fans........too easy.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: oh you try so hard but still nothing

Thats the Creep remix, I have it, AGAIN, wheres the proof she didnt add herself TO THE REMIX? Wheres the proof that her rap was for the original song?

They cut it because it contradicted the theme of "Creep". It was recorded during the making of CSC. :lmao:

Again.......if that was true, why are there hits and Number ones without Lisa having a single solo in the songs? You still have not proven that. I mean theres no hit of DC where Michelle sings most of the lead (or all of it), theres no #1 hit that Mary Wilson sang in the supremes, and theres no #1 song that Jermaine Jackson sang the lead vocals throughout the entire song that Michael didnt. Sooo again, irrelevant. Sorry, T-Boz sang the lead ALONE of Creep and it was the 2nd biggest song of 1995, despite your continued discrediting of it, No Scrubs is No Scrubs because of the chours and the verses that are mostly done by Chili. Nobody ever said Lisa wasnt the most known in the group hell I even said thats what makes T-Boz my fave, is that she has a lil of that Lisa Crazyness, but has the Chili normal and her own swag, lol PLEASE Lisa's the fan favorite hands down, but she's not TLC and she's not nor has she ever been Bey, Diana, Or Michael in their groups. TLC is TLC They were and are stronger together than they are apart, like a real group. If Lisa was that way, Supernova would've sold tons more. So...........that'll be a no for you again.

it's always the Bey fans........

JjaySam

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

My most favorite TLC member's Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes- I couldn't agree with you more. She's the backbone in the group, multi talented with her dynamic moves & rap, contributed most of her brilliant ideas to make & hold TLC together yet she remained humble from the start until the day she died. May God rest her good soul.

latj

I so agree. She was such a solid force in the group. Without her they were nothing. A lot of people didn't know that she wrote a lot of the music and she really was the "glue" that held the group together vocally and in stage presence. She was extremely spiritual and such a great person. She was also an extremely talented rapper but her heart was made of gold and people took advantage of her. Her latest album that came out is excellent and I listen to it all the time. I think it's an excellent tribute to her. I always thought of her as someone who the world wasn't really ready for. Peace, Love & Happiness

Untitled274-vi.gif

They cut it because it contradicted the theme of "Creep". It was recorded during the making of CSC. :lmao:

Untitled274-vi.gif

BAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE ATTEMPTS AT AVOIDING THE QUESTIONS AND FACTS AT HAND!!! YES!!!

You kinda fell into a trap on that 1, if Lisa's verse contradicts the song, why the hell would it be in the song? In fact with Lisa being against the song in general, I highly doubt she lost any sleep from only being on the remix which you still have not proven wasn't only added later, I win that argument both ways, sorry :whistle:

And your really think the comments really mean anything? The facts that I laid out speak for themselves. Theres alot of Lisa fans who dont like T-Boz and Chilli, duh, all 3 have their sets of fans and a set that feel that way about the other 2, and Lisa has more, duh, it does not discredit a single fact LOFL again, the attempt is commendable but still too easy. The facts speak for themselves

BAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE ATTEMPTS AT AVOIDING THE QUESTIONS AND FACTS AT HAND!!! YES!!!

You kinda fell into a trap on that 1, if Lisa's verse contradicts the song, why the hell would it be in the song? In fact with Lisa being against the song in general, I highly doubt she lost any sleep from only being on the remix which you still have not proven wasn't only added later, I win that argument both ways, sorry :whistle:

And your really think the comments really mean anything? The facts that I laid out speak for themselves. Theres alot of Lisa fans who dont like T-Boz and Chilli, duh, all 3 have their sets of fans and a set that feel that way about the other 2, and Lisa has more, duh, it does not discredit a single fact LOFL again, the attempt is commendable but still too easy. The facts speak for themselves

There's a reason why ppl like Lisa the most, just like there's a reason why ppl liked John and Paul the most, Michael the most, David Ruffin the most, Dawn and Terry the most, Beyonce the most, and Coko the most. :lmao:

There's a reason why ppl like Lisa the most, just like there's a reason why ppl liked John and Paul the most, Michael the most, David Ruffin the most, Dawn and Terry the most, Beyonce the most, and Coko the most. :lmao:

Your logic again is flawed by the facts. Simple as this, if that were true, songs without Lisa having a lead or a verse wouldnt be #1, solo songs that Lisa was featured in would've charted higher, Lisa's solo album would've gotten the love it deserved. People loved those members most because they were the only 1s on the hits, wheres...thats not true with TLC, Oh and dont try it with Dawn & Terry, all 4 members of EV had the hits that they sang lead, and all had their selected fans, you cant try that with En Vogue or TLC or The Spice Girls, they are real groups where each member was important and brought something that contributed to their success, the facts support that. sooooo....again, you're wrong. sorry. :wave:

Your logic again is flawed by the facts. Simple as this, if that were true, songs without Lisa having a lead or a verse wouldnt be #1, solo songs that Lisa was featured in would've charted higher, Lisa's solo album would've gotten the love it deserved. People loved those members most because they were the only 1s on the hits, wheres...thats not true with TLC, Oh and dont try it with Dawn & Terry, all 4 members of EV had the hits that they sang lead, and all had their selected fans, you cant try that with En Vogue or TLC or The Spice Girls, they are real groups where each member was important and brought something that contributed to their success, the facts support that. sooooo....again, you're wrong. sorry. :wave:

All of Lisa's well known hits feature Lisa's raps - Waterfalls, Ain't Too Proud, No Scrubs. Those are the songs they're most known for and Lisa's raps were always the standout on the track. Though it's not much of a feat considering how boring Tionne and Chilli are.

All of Lisa's well known hits feature Lisa's raps - Waterfalls, Ain't Too Proud, No Scrubs. Those are the songs they're most known for and Lisa's raps were always the standout on the track. Though it's not much of a feat considering how boring Tionne and Chilli are.

Ugh oh....you cant accept that the facts are speaking for themselves and saying you are wrong, Creep was the 2nd best selling single of 1995, and Waterfalls was not the #1. OH and Aint To Proud To Beg was not 1 of their biggest hits, all you have in that argument are Waterfalls and No Scrubs, and Lisa's raps were not the memorable parts to the songs, the chours were, the songs are incomplete without her raps, but without the chours, they wouldn't be the songs at all would they? Soooooo again, that kinda sorta really makes you wrong. Sorry, keep trying tho, I mean its going nowhere because the facts and charts are killing your entire argument, but I love schoolin.

OOOH I bet you hate Creep and Unpretty so much for being #1's, just think if they werent you'd actually have a case to be made to an extent. But the charts dont lie

it was funny how you threw Aint Too Proud To Beg In There (undoubtedly 1 of my fave songs by them, but I dont ever hear it on the radio), but....you neglected to mention Baby Baby Baby (which gets consistant radio play always, but has no Lisa, and charted higher than ATPTB), you neglect to mention Red Light Special which has no Lisa solos but is 1 of their bigger hits, Diggin on you charted higher than ATPTB, and same with Unpretty........ all songs I hear alot on old school R&B stations