TAYLOR SELLS ALBUMS BUT NOT MAGAZINES (like Gaga)

janetDAYZ

Lady Gaga Sells Magazines. Taylor Swift Does Not.

It's taken some time, but the surefire secret to selling magazines has finally been revealed: Put Lady Gaga on the cover. Women's Wear Daily reports that from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone to Elle, many publications locked down their best-selling issues of 2010 when Gaga appeared in some form of disrobement on their covers -- a stat that probably isn't that foreign to Gaga, who announced her new album with a bare-bottom photo on New Year's Eve. Cosmopolitan's April issue featuring Gaga sold 1.7 million copies to make it that magazine's best seller, and her Rolling Stone cover moved 245,000 copies, nearly three times RS' average newsstand sales. It seems that oversaturation hasn't dampened people's interest in Gaga. Also faring well on newsstands: Rihanna, thanks in large part to her topless GQ cover..

On the flip side of that, the one way to guarantee poor sales, surprisingly, is to put Taylor Swift on the cover. Why doesn't Swift, one of the top-selling artists in music now (check her numbers from last week alone), move more magazines? It likely has something to do with the fact that despite countless interviews and front-cover profiles, Swift still hasn't established herself as a headline-making quote machine like Gaga has. Most of her cover stories end up reading like mirror images of each other, with the same anecdotes and oft-repeated revelations that make up most boring promotional puff pieces, and the public has caught on. Also, since this is America, it doesn't help that Swift wears significantly more clothing..

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/49383/lady-gaga-sells-magazines-taylor-swift-does-not/

Do artists get money from magazines selling?

They can make a deal with the magazine sometimes, but overall no. At the end of the day Taylor is not pressed about no damn magazine sells. Bitch is selling albums like artist in the mid 90s! :dance:

Her name is still attached to it, and he still used her thinking he'd get a hit song regardless if

it sucked or not :coffee:

yeah it is.. blah blah blah... if he wanted a real hit song.. her vocals would be on the entire song...

LMAO... i bet she didn't listen to the entire song before putting down her vocals... she prolly thought it was a love song... "i can't stop loving u..." :lmao:>_< John's an asshole

yeah it is.. blah blah blah... if he wanted a real hit song.. her vocals would be on the entire song...

LMAO... i bet she didn't listen to the entire song before putting down her vocals... she prolly thought it was a love song... "i can't stop loving u..." :lmao:>_< John's an asshole

Her name is tagged on it and she wrote some of it. The racist used her thinking he was gonna get a hit *continues to play the 360 Kinetic* :coffee:

Archived