Let's

janetDAYZ

:mellow:

Twin I love the song (ALOT more than Tonights the night, but I honestly forget it exists until it starts up, but My Need slays and I dont get folks thinking it's filler (or why Discipline is listed having less filler than janet. which..... :mellow: I will NNNNEVER be able to comprehend past it just being opinion, like mine that janet is the best)

The Magic Is Working

Communication

The Body That Loves You

New Agenda (albeit a great lyrical song)

Funky Big Band

Anything

Tonights The Night

China Love

Love Scene (Ooh Baby

^^^ her Pre-DJ fillers imo.

My actual list of Janet filler songs is

Communication

Hold Back The Tears (the bridge slays but thats all to me)

Two To The Power Of Love (ugh, soooo corny, but I can be in the mood for it, and I hate both guys voices she sang it with)

Fast Girls (album version, I'm only here for the remix)

Tonights The Night

Empty (depends on how I feel)

Show Me

With U (oldschool remix slays the hell outta this version)

Daybreak (I like it but realistically, I skip it more times than I hear it)

Love 2 Love, (song does nothing for me, shouldnt've even been on the album in my opinion)

Rollercoaster

Never Letchu Go

Greatest X (my least fave Janet song that I'm aware of)

The 1 (Missy was the best part)

What's Ur Name

Curtains (sometimes I like it most times I skip it)

And thats my 100% honest opinion, didnt leave anything out, didnt wrongly put anything in. Dont care about how involved Janet was with the song, I just care about the finished product :filenails:

Twin I love the song (ALOT more than Tonights the night, but I honestly forget it exists until it starts up, but My Need slays and I dont get folks thinking it's filler (or why Discipline is listed having less filler than janet. which..... :mellow: I will NNNNEVER be able to comprehend past it just being opinion, like mine that janet is the best)

you opened like 2 ( and never closed one of em...

anyways... My Need is filler

Discipline, 20, & Damita Jo albums are complete with fillers

people are confusing the words "fillers" with "my least favorites"...

a filler is a song that doesn't fit the natural theme of any given album.... usually non-singles

Empty is not a filler... it gives an insight view of Janet's personal life.. same with TTN... My Need however... gives nothing to the album and the album's theme... it shows that Janet is sexual... we found that out during the janet. era

you opened like 2 ( and never closed one of em...

anyways... My Need is filler

Discipline, 20, & Damita Jo albums are complete with fillers

people are confusing the words "fillers" with "my least favorites"...

a filler is a song that doesn't fit the natural theme of any given album.... usually non-singles

Empty is not a filler... it gives an insight view of Janet's personal life.. same with TTN... My Need however... gives nothing to the album and the album's theme... it shows that Janet is sexual... we found that out during the janet. era

It's ok to start as many within there as you want to, as long as you close it over all

Janet's never stuck to her themes by your example with My Need and Empty, then When I think Of You and He Doesn't Know I'm Alive fits the corny Dream Street sound and does not sound like a women in Control. Love Will Never Do, Miss You Much, Escapade, Alright, Someday is tonight, and Come Back to me have NOTHING to do with the theme of Rhythm Nation.

It cant just be about the theme when we're talking Janet, because she's never stuck to a theme thus far, and the songs that dont fit the theme, alot of times still fit the overall sound and tone of the album (My need),and there can be songs that fit a theme but can sound really half assed to you.

My list isnt about me liking the songs, of the 16 listed songs I love/like 9 of them, but filler for me is songs on the album that you personally can either do without or just cant get into on a regular basis. By that notion (which I'll gladly stick to), Empty still has a tendency to be filler for me. :coffee:

It's ok to start as many within there as you want to, as long as you close it over all

Janet's never stuck to her themes by your example with My Need and Empty, then When I think Of You and He Doesn't Know I'm Alive fits the corny Dream Street sound and does not sound like a women in Control. Love Will Never Do, Miss You Much, Escapade, Alright, Someday is tonight, and Come Back to me have NOTHING to do with the theme of Rhythm Nation.

It cant just be about the theme when we're talking Janet, because she's never stuck to a theme thus far, and the songs that dont fit the theme, alot of times still fit the overall sound and tone of the album (My need),and there can be songs that fit a theme but can sound really half assed to you.

My list isnt about me liking the songs, of the 16 listed songs I love/like 9 of them, but filler for me is songs on the album that you personally can either do without or just cant get into on a regular basis. By that notion (which I'll gladly stick to), Empty still has a tendency to be filler for me. :coffee:

okay so a filler doesn't fit the theme or sound of an album... lets agree with that... btw I didn't point out people.. that was not my intentions... with that being said... Empty is not a filler at all.. it fits the theme and sound of TVR whereas My Need barely fits... it's just a song about Janet being horny... i love the track... and I can get into it on a regular basis but it just doesn't add anything to TVR...

okay so a filler doesn't fit the theme or sound of an album... lets agree with that... btw I didn't point out people.. that was not my intentions... with that being said... Empty is not a filler at all.. it fits the theme and sound of TVR whereas My Need barely fits... it's just a song about Janet being horny... i love the track... and I can get into it on a regular basis but it just doesn't add anything to TVR...

I'll agree that thats probably the dictionary definition but I personally cant go by that, lyrically I see and get exactly what your saying on My Need but I cant go by the lyrics because its JUST like I addressed with the RN tracks, songs that lyrically might not fit the direction or overall sound of the album or era still can instrumentally (My Need) fit the sound of the album, I will give you (again) that lyrically it dont go with the album, but the sound does, the sound really does, and I like the sound of it more than I like Empty (which again, I go back & forth on, I love it as a whole, but I do tend to forget it exists).

A filler is simply a song that is added to pad out the album. Like lettuce in a sandwich. It has no flavour and adds nothing except bulk.

My need is too good to be filler.

This Body

Greatest X

The 1

Funky Big Band

All filler because if they were taken away the album would not suffer.