I saw and met Usher

bu.

Yea hearing him sing live when I was at a tapping of The Voice reignited my appreciation for him (which wasn't ever tremendously low, like I was always at least a casual fan, but Im a full 1, not big on that last album, but he's the best performer and male vocalist of the late 90's -010's, so I appreciate him, being in the same room lit that up.

So Escapade I can only imagine how you felt, cause I only watched him do 2 songs, and he was sharing the stage with the other 3 coaches, I'd love to see him do some of his classics live, that might make me into a fellow Ephraim lol

• Upvote 1

Yea hearing him sing live when I was at a tapping of The Voice reignited my appreciation for him (which wasn't ever tremendously low, like I was always at least a casual fan, but Im a full 1, not big on that last album, but he's the best performer and male vocalist of the late 90's -010's, so I appreciate him, being in the same room lit that up.

So Escapade I can only imagine how you felt, cause I only watched him do 2 songs, and he was sharing the stage with the other 3 coaches, I'd love to see him do some of his classics live, that might make me into a fellow Ephraim lol

Yessssss I was blown away! He is truly amazing.

• Upvote 1

He gave a really great show. I didn't want to go because he never does anything for me but honestly his show was very well put together. I'll put it in my top 10 concerts I've been to.

-He sounded great and not out of breath like on the award shows
-His dancing was on point and energetic, his choreography was cleverly placed in the show. He did just enough dancing to the point where he could still sing live and not sound like shit.

- The show was about 90% live. Aside from one section of the show where he and the DJ did a flashback section he sang every song live.
- The visual and the staging was AMAZING.
-There was a 9 piece band, and 3 really great back up singers
-The dancers were excellent also.

I suggest getting a ticket when he comes to your town.

I felt bad because the show wasn't sold out, the top back section was curtained off, and the venue only looked about 85% sold out.

And August Alsina was a horrible opening act IMO. The sound was a mess during his set and he cussed too much, he literally said "Fuck" every 20 secs. He didn't sound bad live but his nasally voice gets piercing after 4 or 5 songs. He had his own band and dancers but it just wasn't really my thing. The hoodrats in the crowd went up for it tho. The lady next to me was playing Candy Crush during his whole set.

• Upvote 3

He gave a really great show. I didn't want to go because he never does anything for me but honestly his show was very well put together. I'll put it in my top 10 concerts I've been to.

-His dancing was on point and energetic, his choreography was cleverly placed in the show. He did just enough dancing to the point where he could still sing live and not sound like shit.

- The show was about 90% live. Aside from one section of the show where he and the DJ did a flashback section he sang every song live.

I felt bad because the show wasn't sold out, the top back section was curtained off, and the venue only looked about 85% sold out.

And August Alsina was a horrible opening act IMO. The sound was a mess during his set and he cussed too much, he literally said "Fuck" every 20 secs. He didn't sound bad live but his nasally voice gets piercing after 4 or 5 songs. He had his own band and dancers but it just wasn't really my thing. The hoodrats in the crowd went up for it tho. The lady next to me was playing Candy Crush during his whole set.

NO! Just fuckin' no!!! :lmao: I'd like to go see Usher one day. What place did you see him at?

He better had put on a good show considering Justin's tour is out of this world AMAZING. Easily one of the TOP 3 best concerts I've ever seen in my life.

It's good that Usher isn't winded like he normally is live (like you mentioned) cuz fily & friends I know that have seen numerous tours of his always said that was the only downfall to his shows. The winded vocals. I've only seen the man ONCE and that's way back when he opened for Janet during The Velvet Rope tour and that was his first real tour during "My Way" era and he had all kind of problems back then. He was sloppy, his vocals were winded and he use to try to dance and strip out of his clothes but then end up getting his head stuck in his shirt while tryna take it off :lol: he had those same issues on award shows back then... I remember cuz back then I use to record award performances. He has definitely improved over the years. Even tho I will never see him again, I've always given him credit and said he does have excellent showmanship he just needs to get that arrogance in check so it makes him more likeable, personality wise. That's probably what's holding him back from being recognized by the industry ..he rubs ppl the wrong way

Yeah August Alsina was a mess. He kept cursing and being disgusting, his songs are shit and his dancers are sloppy. Usher was amazing live. I was completely blown away because I'm so used to his lackluster award show performances. I guess he's probably more comfortable performing on tour than he is for networks.

• 4 months later...

The dude can fucking perform his ass off. He's pretty down to earth too. I went to his soundcheck and he was killed it considering he wasn't going all out like he would at the show. Then there was a Q&A with the fans. I was too shy to ask a question but i really wanted to ask what his favourite Janet song was :asham:. He's pretty funny actually. Cracked a few jokes.

After that I got a chance to have a picture with him. He shook my hand and said he loved me style and jacket :asham:. I was like "thanks, I love your tats". I touched Ushers hand. I touched a hand that's probably touched Janet and Michael. I also think I'm taller than him but I can't tell. I looked it on the picture but he was sort of leaning down. Game and Reyna will be able to tell. I can't post the picture right now as I'm on my phone.

The actual show - he fucking did that. I did not know he could perform like that. So much energy WITH live vocals. He pretty much went through all the classics. The live arrangements make the newer songs sound more likeable. My highlights were U Got It Bad, Good Kisser, DJ Falling In Love, Pop Ya Collar.

His dancers were on POINT!! The best set of dancers I've ever seen live after Janets.

Oh Nico and Vinz were the opening. I didn't really know them but for one of their songs Usher came out and started dancing - he slayed! And Nico is kinda hawt.

Usher is much more attractive in person. He has massive hands. And he was sweating like crazy - literally as if a water tank was being poured over him haha.

I'm definitely won over. As much as I shade him, after witnessing him live I cannot deny he is an immense performer. I don't see that in any of today's stars. Him, JT and Beyonce get a lot of flack yet their performance skills GREATLY shits all over their peers.

• Upvote 3

Q&A?? Yall should have been asking him when is that damn (flop) album coming out? Im actually lookin forward to it. These "pushbacks" these dayz ..lord, the struggle

Someone did haha. I think he said he's just enjoying life atm.