Janet on the cover/featured in June issue of Emirates Woman

MorganR

I agree but then you said she submitted to her man like some 1940's spinster :unsure: 

Submission has a negative connotation but fact is some people like doing it. Some people want to do it. Some people rather fall back & let their other person be the leader of their relationship. They might believe in the traditional way of things. You don't have to believe she did or does, but it doesn't make it any less right or wrong because you don't like the way it sounds. 

• Upvote 2

The woman is gorgeous!

I said it once before and i'll say it again. If y'all really think Janet wanted to wait til she was fucking 50 to have a kid then y'all on some good shit lol. Her and Wissam only been married for 4yrs so even if y'all say that maybe she wanted to have kids a few years ago when they first got married then that's very odd considering she's been with other men for a much longer period of time.

The woman is gorgeous!

I said it once before and i'll say it again. If y'all really think Janet wanted to wait til she was fucking 50 to have a kid then y'all on some good shit lol. Her and Wissam only been married for 4yrs so even if y'all say that maybe she wanted to have kids a few years ago when they first got married then that's very odd considering she's been with other men for a much longer period of time.

I totally agree!  Janet is gorgeous! I think she wanted kids but hadn't found the right man to have them with. I found that old Larry King interview with Rene. And Rene wanted kids with Janet. However Janet didn't want them with him. Rene had an addiction problem and JD was and still is immature.  So I can see why she chose not to have kids with them. 

• Upvote 3

I totally agree!  Janet is gorgeous! I think she wanted kids but hadn't found the right man to have them with. I found that old Larry King interview with Rene. And Rene wanted kids with Janet. However Janet didn't want them with him. Rene had an addiction problem and JD was and still is immature.  So I can see why she chose not to have kids with them. 

do you have a link to that interview cause maybe in the end she didn't want to have kids with him but why stay in a marriage for 7yrs with someone if you never wanted to have kids with them? I don't believe she didn't wanna have kids with him.

• Upvote 1

She just may have not been able to with those other men. A lot of women are unable to conceive. She didn't use drugs to help. I think that's why she always said God willing. JD is a good father though and she saw that up close 

do you have a link to that interview cause maybe in the end she didn't want to have kids with him but why stay in a marriage for 7yrs with someone if you never wanted to have kids with them? I don't believe she didn't wanna have kids with him.

If you type in Janet Jackson Larry king part 3. Its towards the very end where Larry asks her about kids. She says Rene wants them know. But she doesn't because of the work that she's in and she doesn't know if she would make a good mother. Also there is a part 4 where Rene joins her and they talk briefly about it.

She just may have not been able to with those other men. A lot of women are unable to conceive. She didn't use drugs to help. I think that's why she always said God willing. JD is a good father though and she saw that up close 

Quite possible.  But if she really wanted them with those men she could have used IVF then too. She has always had to means to do so. JD may be a good father but he wasn't a good man to her. And most women want to raise their kids in a 2 parent household. 

Submission has a negative connotation but fact is some people like doing it. Some people want to do it. Some people rather fall back & let their other person be the leader of their relationship. They might believe in the traditional way of things. You don't have to believe she did or does, but it doesn't make it any less right or wrong because you don't like the way it sounds. 

Ok yeah!!! Now it makes sense and yes.. I'll agree with that

Submission has a negative connotation because it is just that. negative.  No one on this earth should submit to another.  We are all mortal.  Organized religion always leaves it up to the woman to fall back.  I want to know what religion makes the man submit or fall back.  Marriage and relationships should be 50/50. There should be no leader and no follower.  Janet will always be the superior anyway. Men and organized religion have ruined this planet.  

Quite possible.  But if she really wanted them with those men she could have used IVF then too. She has always had to means to do so. JD may be a good father but he wasn't a good man to her. And most women want to raise their kids in a 2 parent household. 

He cheated as all her men did but I cannot dismiss the way he valued her as who she was like none other.  She could be big or small he didn't care.  All her men have been pigs in the end which is why I dont invest my time in the current one.  I dont think she used drugs with those guys because she believed if God wanted her to have kids he would make that so.  Thats just my thinking.  

Submission has a negative connotation because it is just that. negative.  No one on this earth should submit to another.  We are all mortal.  Organized religion always leaves it up to the woman to fall back.  I want to know what religion makes the man submit or fall back.  Marriage and relationships should be 50/50. There should be no leader and no follower.  Janet will always be the superior anyway. Men and organized religion have ruined this planet.  

He cheated as all her men did but I cannot dismiss the way he valued her as who she was like none other.  She could be big or small he didn't care.  All her men have been pigs in the end which is why I dont invest my time in the current one.  I dont think she used drugs with those guys because she believed if God wanted her to have kids he would make that so.  Thats just my thinking.  

I'll admit you do have a point about her men turning out bad.

So I know you think that Wissam controls Janet. But do you think he loves her for her? All of Janet's men have benefited from being with her. Whether it be fame are money. But Wissam is different because he has wealth and doesn't  seem to be interested in the fame. At 41 he could be married to a much younger woman and have at least 5 kids or more by now. But he chose to marry Janet and have his first child with her. That says a lot to me. She may feel secure with him in a way that she hadn't with the others. Leading up to her going the extra mile to have a child with him. 

once again that's your interpretation and disdain for it. Which means you should not implement it in your life. But really people's opinion of others lives and forced belief that there is one way in a diverse world is what has ruined this world. You just did the same thing you accuse those men and organized religion of doing. You perpetuated your opinion as fact because you don't agree with the way someone is living. Connotation is not  dennotation, so just remember your perspective does not mean fact no more than theirs. 

• Upvote 1

This bitch!!!!!  Damn is this the Janet era?  Your favs will nevah! Janet is and will always be the sweetest, coolest, baddest bitch ever! I mean!  C'mon!  WTF!  She's just perfection.

my sentiments exactly!!!! The janet.era like a muthafuka!!!! :excited:  my favorite look from any of her eras ....loveeeeee that thats the era she chose to revisit 

• Upvote 1

my sentiments exactly!!!! The janet.era like a muthafuka!!!! :excited:  my favorite look from any of her eras ....loveeeeee that thats the era she chose to revisit 

Its funny i kinda see it as a "growth" from TVR era in terms of look or at least a cross between the too

Edited by vibeology

I'll admit you do have a point about her men turning out bad.

So I know you think that Wissam controls Janet. But do you think he loves her for her? All of Janet's men have benefited from being with her. Whether it be fame are money. But Wissam is different because he has wealth and doesn't  seem to be interested in the fame. At 41 he could be married to a much younger woman and have at least 5 kids or more by now. But he chose to marry Janet and have his first child with her. That says a lot to me. She may feel secure with him in a way that she hadn't with the others. Leading up to her going the extra mile to have a child with him. 

I thought he was gay at first so he could be benefiting in his own way but like you said to be 41 and bring a woman older than you into your life when you can have anyone is love but Janet at 50 slays women in the 30's so its not a big leap. I wouldn't say control but it is influence. Take this emirates video and the unbreakable diamonds video. We haven't seen this kind of promotion or enthusiasm on the music end this era.  She's talking about the diamonds in the video describing them but we get third parties describing her new music.  Its like she only speaks when she is selling these Dubai diamonds.  We get 6 minutes of Janet the merchant and 10 sec clips of Janet the artists. She went from god gave us these bodies so theres nothing wrong with showing it, which she said in Vibe mag, to walking around in drapes and turtle necks.  That's influence.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I thought he was gay at first so he could be benefiting in his own way but like you said to be 41 and bring a woman older than you into your life when you can have anyone is love but Janet at 50 slays women in the 30's so its not a big leap. I wouldn't say control but it is influence. Take this emirates video and the unbreakable diamonds video. We haven't seen this kind of promotion or enthusiasm on the music end this era.  She's talking about the diamonds in the video describing them but we get third parties describing her new music.  Its like she only speaks when she is selling these Dubai diamonds.  We get 6 minutes of Janet the merchant and 10 sec clips of Janet the artists. She went from god gave us these bodies so theres nothing wrong with showing it, which she said in Vibe mag, to walking around in drapes and turtle necks.  That's influence.

I'm searching this post for lies but I still can't find one.

• Upvote 1

Wissam could have found any model on this earth, married her, and have his babies like the rest of these models. But no.. Janet isn't a spring chicken.. She's 50 and although the makeup and Botox covers most of it, it shows elsewhere

Janet is older now and SHOULD be covered up... If she were still singing and doing sexual things at 50, she would be ashamed of herself. 

That VIBE interview was 10 years ago :umm: people mature and change over time. 

The fact that you thought he was gay is ignorance and the fact that you think he's controlling is ignorance.. Point blank.. It shows how uncultured you are 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 2

It kinda bothers me how obsessed Janet fans are with her showing her body or not. It's like sometimes they sound like pimps and fiends. Lol, I get she built her brand on it, but she also talked about how much she would hate to show it in front of people and make people leave the Photoshoot because she was shy about doing it. Almost every pop star goes through the transformation of showing little to showing everything. I don't think that's a coincidence. Rihanna, Beyonce, Janet, Madonna, Katy Perry literally all female pop artist become liberators of their bodies but why is it that they all have the same message? What if it's the industry pushing them to sex themselves up & then they have to use terms like "it's my body so I do what I want" but really it's people behind the scenes? 

A woman's body, and the freedom over it, includes being able to cover it up when you want. I strongly feel Janet got tired of the sexed up vibe. I thought that before her current marriage it showed in my opinion. Let the woman grow, if you don't like the direction...fine, but stop making it about someone else. 

• Upvote 6

Y'all make me sick with these reductive conversations about agency clouded in your own orientalism/racism. Agency is about having the right to display your body and/or cover it up, the key thing is choice. We don't know whether this is a natural progression for Janet, religious choice, etc but we need to respect it and if you can't then move on and find another artist. 

Janet before anything is an artist and that comes before selling sex/being a sex symbol. Did we expect Prince to still sell us sex and wear revealing outfits in his 50? No we allowed him to mature as an artist. 

Janet's body belongs to her and if she's done sharing it with the world, big deal. That doesn't mean she's repressed and judging from the tour and other things she seems as sensual as ever.

Edited by ontologicalummah
  • Upvote 5

It kinda bothers me how obsessed Janet fans are with her showing her body or not. It's like sometimes they sound like pimps and fiends. Lol, I get she built her brand on it, but she also talked about how much she would hate to show it in front of people and make people leave the Photoshoot because she was shy about doing it. Almost every pop star goes through the transformation of showing little to showing everything. I don't think that's a coincidence. Rihanna, Beyonce, Janet, Madonna, Katy Perry literally all female pop artist become liberators of their bodies but why is it that they all have the same message? What if it's the industry pushing them to sex themselves up & then they have to use terms like "it's my body so I do what I want" but really it's people behind the scenes? 

A woman's body, and the freedom over it, includes being able to cover it up when you want. I strongly feel Janet got tired of the sexed up vibe. I thought that before her current marriage it showed in my opinion. Let the woman grow, if you don't like the direction...fine, but stop making it about someone else. 

It's obviously the industry (record executives). Fat people don't sell pop records.. Even Adele has dropped a size or more. 

Oh just so y'all know I didn't read the last sentence of his post. I just saw it due to me wondering why y'all were talking about Janet showing her body or not. I don't agree that Janet has to show her body. We've all seen it enough and she's 50.