• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sherri Shepherd stanning .....

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

"Freaky Janet" is not coming back. She has closed that chapter in her life. She's 50 now and somebody's mother. 

Posted · Report post

We don't know that. She can still be very sexy without being overtly raunchy.  Just cuz she's 50 don't mean she's supposed to act her age or how people think. I personally never thought she was freaky. In her lyrics and music she has been. But even at the times she talks about getting creampied,  ( would u mind) sucking some BBC in a car (warmth) or how flooded her basement gets from the rain ( moist ) she comes off in a very sensual way and manner  than anyone else could. So nothing wrong if she spiced it up again. She's an artist after all 

Posted · Report post

"Freaky Janet" is not coming back. She has closed that chapter in her life. She's 50 now and somebody's mother. 

Sherri mentioned this before on the radio. She went to 2 Unbreakable shows. She was mentioning the lack of skin versus when she saw her last during the UCAP tour.  The would you mind Janet may not be coming back but I think Sherri and most people would like to see the stylish Janet back and not that Hell Raiser suit she had on this tour. 

Being someone's mother does not end your sexual freedom. Janet is an artist as well. I don't know any artist who has squelched their freedom because of motherhood 

Posted · Report post

Sherri mentioned this before on the radio. She went to 2 Unbreakable shows. She was mentioning the lack of skin versus when she saw her last during the UCAP tour.  The would you mind Janet may not be coming back but I think Sherri and most people would like to see the stylish Janet back and not that Hell Raiser suit she had on this tour. 

Being someone's mother does not end your sexual freedom. Janet is an artist as well. I don't know any artist who has squelched their freedom because of motherhood 

THIS ^

I also think her attitude is the key! Not if she's showing skin or acting sluty on stage.
What she can do, If she feels confortable.

Sex was ALWAYS a part of her life, some women leave it aside when they become mothers, others feel that sexual energy even stronger. Hormons... Who knows?

Moms have sex and feel sexy too, you know? lol
Resultado de imagem para angela bassett gif

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the skin showing Janet is gone.  I don't want her to be desperate for attention like some of her peers.

She still serves sex appeal without even showing skin.  Aphrodite who?

005.gif

Posted · Report post

It always frustrates me on a mainstream level that Janet has been pigeonholed to being a sex artist. People act like Janet was showing skin in RWU tour. The outfits were form fitting but we haven't seen the stomach in nearly 9 years. Let her evolve, please. 

Shes made every kinda sexual song there is, and although she COULD do it - it's not necessary. A themed project better serves who she is today. During UCAP I always said she looked like she was just doing the job at times - Unbreakable seemed more engaging in spirit on her. 

Posted · Report post

THIS ^

I also think her attitude is the key! Not if she's showing skin or acting sluty on stage.
What she can do, If she feels confortable.

Sex was ALWAYS a part of her life, some women leave it aside when they become mothers, others feel that sexual energy even stronger. Hormons... Who knows?

Moms have sex and feel sexy too, you know? lol
Resultado de imagem para angela bassett gif

it is trash lol. Gurl I am liiiiiiving for thar gif 

Posted · Report post

The issue is not sexual freedom. The issue is that Janet is 50 and she realizes it's time to hang up the shtick. She had the opportunity to do the lap dance on the #1s tour but didn't. Why? Cuz she knows it's tired now. Having a child, especially being a female, completely changes your outlook because you have to think if what you're doing is something you want your child seeing when they get older. Janet doing "Discipline" at 50 just isn't appropriate. I think even Madonna has toned it down with the sex on stage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Posted · Report post

The issue is not sexual freedom. The issue is that Janet is 50 and she realizes it's time to hang up the shtick. She had the opportunity to do the lap dance on the #1s tour but didn't. Why? Cuz she knows it's tired now. Having a child, especially being a female, completely changes your outlook because you have to think if what you're doing is something you want your child seeing when they get older. Janet doing "Discipline" at 50 just isn't appropriate. I think even Madonna has toned it down with the sex on stage (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Exactly!! It gets old at some point. Madonna looks gross every time she's on stage pushing sex and forcing herself on some new artist. Janet has been there and done that. The "need" people have for her to be "sexually free" is more about them than it is her. 

Let her evolve. Janet has become so shadowed in being a sexual artist her socially conscious work has fallen by the wayside for many people. People know little to nothing about the New Agenda, Can't B Stopped, Truth, What About Janet. It's equally repressive to push a sexual image on someone as a brand under the guise of freedom. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah, the skin showing Janet is gone.  I don't want her to be desperate for attention like some of her peers.

005.gif

Ugh this gif just reminded me of Faith Evan's video "All Night" which was a direct rip off of "I Get Lonely". I was so mad when I saw Faith's video lol

Edited by JoeJoe

Posted · Report post

Ugh this gif just reminded me of Faith Evan's video "All Night" which was a direct rip off of "I Get Lonely". I was so mad when I saw Faith's video lol

Was this really necessary darkie? :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

yes it was with ya red ass

vylb35.gif

Posted · Report post

yes it was with ya red ass

vylb35.gif

:rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

It always frustrates me on a mainstream level that Janet has been pigeonholed to being a sex artist. People act like Janet was showing skin in RWU tour. The outfits were form fitting but we haven't seen the stomach in nearly 9 years. Let her evolve, please. 

Shes made every kinda sexual song there is, and although she COULD do it - it's not necessary. A themed project better serves who she is today. During UCAP I always said she looked like she was just doing the job at times - Unbreakable seemed more engaging in spirit on her. 

Exactly!! It gets old at some point. Madonna looks gross every time she's on stage pushing sex and forcing herself on some new artist. Janet has been there and done that. The "need" people have for her to be "sexually free" is more about them than it is her. 

Let her evolve. Janet has become so shadowed in being a sexual artist her socially conscious work has fallen by the wayside for many people. People know little to nothing about the New Agenda, Can't B Stopped, Truth, What About Janet. It's equally repressive to push a sexual image on someone as a brand under the guise of freedom. 

We are so alike im wondering if you are me in another dimension :wacko:

Posted · Report post

Are any of his posts necessary? :sigh:

Posted · Report post

I like Janet exactly as she was in this era (minus the drop crotch pants).  I love the mysterious, shy woman that is explosive on stage and writes beautiful, creative music.  

Posted · Report post

We are so alike im wondering if you are me in another dimension :wacko:

It feels so good to have a twin! What's up fam?

Posted · Report post

005.gif

true but this outfit is cute. Women would wear this. The Unbreakable clothes were serving shady pines first holy communion teas. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Madonna has kind of toned things down, but for Madonna that's probably not saying much (see her live performance of "Holy Water" and her 2016 Met Gala outfit).

I neither want nor expect Janet to come on stage grinding on audience members (the gimmick was tired by the AFY tour tbh), or showing off excessive amounts of skin. It's unnecessary at this point and we've already seen her body shown off & exposed at its peak; if anyone wants that Janet, the photos and songs will always be there to return to.

On the other hand, I think most can agree that her Unbreakable tour outfits were just :blink::huh:... I'd like for Janet to be balanced, so to speak. She can still be sexy while fully clothed. Her all white jumpsuit during the UCAP tour and her black suit during the VR tour are proof of that. If she wore stylish, sexy, but still classy costumes on stage, (mostly) everyone would be happy.

Edited by VelvetKnowledge1814

Posted · Report post

true but this outfit is cute. Women would wear this. The Unbreakable clothes were serving shady pines first holy communion teas. 

:lmao::lmao:

Posted · Report post

I like Janet exactly as she was in this era (minus the drop crotch pants).  I love the mysterious, shy woman that is explosive on stage and writes beautiful, creative music.  

I think the drop crotch was everyone's problem if I'm honest...I personally didn't care as it was my first time seeing her

Posted · Report post

I think the drop crotch was everyone's problem if I'm honest...I personally didn't care as it was my first time seeing her

Ive said a million times, I cant stand them damn pants :sigh:

Posted · Report post

Are any of his posts necessary? :sigh:

If I got to tell yo ass one mo time

20170207_212920_zpsptjn5lco.png

Posted · Report post

thats a good thing, I believe part of her growth as an artist is to continue to evolve she's done that already and it was the shit when she did, now its time to move on, and in some ways you can hear the growth on Unbreakable