TLC wants your money to fund new album...

bu.

But it's the same point repeated is the problem with this subject, ofcourse Im use to it, and ofcourse I shade Magranny, but after a certain amount of time....and the same material....it's annoying just to annoy.

Meant to Be couldn't flop because it wasn't ever released as a official single, hell it didn't even get buzz single. And I don't think it was the same mistake Brandy made, Brandy did nothing lol, they were having label issues for 2 years when this current album was supposed to be happening, like at least they did on the performance front and went worldwide, but unless the label worked with them it wasn't going to happen or wasn't going to their way. But I do agree that it's the state of the industry, but also women in their 40's who can't gurantee hit's anymore.

Aah didn't know it wasn't released. I don't really follow them closely any more although I welcome new music. Brandy was working on music though. She was in the studio forever. I probably have more unreleased stuff from her than I do Mariah/MJ LOL. I think she's one of those that's always secretly in the studio. Or at least she was before 2/11. Yeah age-ism is a real pain in the ass since most of my faves are old. 

Aah didn't know it wasn't released. I don't really follow them closely any more although I welcome new music. Brandy was working on music though. She was in the studio forever. I probably have more unreleased stuff from her than I do Mariah/MJ LOL. I think she's one of those that's always secretly in the studio. Or at least she was before 2/11. Yeah age-ism is a real pain in the ass since most of my faves are old. 

OH RIGHT ma bad about the Brandy thing, she was working, but it just took her forever & ever to release, I forgot about that. Yea and you already know majority of my faves are 40+ I have very few that are under 40 and even less under 30. 

I wasn't aware you could get new music or a chance to win prizes by giving to panhandlers on the street. :lmao: Oh well, learn something new every Wednesday. B) (inside joke :P)

--------

Well put, and yea they damn well could've done gunpoint like they did LaFace in 95 LOFL. But that's a good analogy. Their stuff is worth it, hell if it's along the lines of Meant To Be, that alone was my drive for making this happen, it shows they still got it and with the right producers they really make great music still, hell Meant To Be was better than 99% of what topped the pop & R&B charts last year (I thank GAWD everyday for Uptown Funk). I think this is a great route for legit artists who go independent, instead of pinching their own pennies and working off favors and recording in peoples basements (or making stuff that sounds like it was).

That actually crossed my mind.  :lol: They're so gangsta lol. I agree, they're one of the few acts who've never really let me down musically (along with Janet, Mariah and Shanice), and MTB kept my hopes alive. I'm glad this campaign was a success so far ~ I'd rather see them work with the best producers in town than, say, some kid and his trashcans lol.

And looked how 9/11 performed :coffee: critically acclaimed my ass

Back on topic...I say this having not read the previous few pages so I don't know if you all touched on this or not. I think if anything, this whole situation proves what kind of pits the industry is in. It's sad they had to do a Kickstarter and mask it with "this is for the fans" (which it may well be but it could just be a marketing ploy too) but I understand at the same time because of their situation. With no hit single since like…the 90s, the most loved member dead, their last studio album under performing (3D), Meant To Be flopping, why should a label risk $$$ and potentially lose out by giving them more funding. Sure the VH1 film was a success but it's no blockbuster. It's sad, really. If anything they made the same mistake Brandy did post DWTS/Behind The Music. Waited too long after they became somewhat relevant again. They should have been ready and capitalised off of that success.

This has NOTHING to do with the industry as it does TLC having no place in today's industry bc there is ZERO demand for their Supply

Yes they panhandled and made $250k risk free, taxable money (hope they know that bc you know how they are with money) thanks to a small small SMALL percentage of music buyers but they don't have a fan base. They don't have a demand. No one is checking for 2015 TLC

I wasn't aware you could get new music or a chance to win prizes by giving to panhandlers on the street. :lmao: Oh well, learn something new every Wednesday. B) (inside joke :P)

--------

That actually crossed my mind.  :lol: They're so gangsta lol. I agree, they're one of the few acts who've never really let me down musically (along with Janet, Mariah and Shanice), and MTB kept my hopes alive. I'm glad this campaign was a success so far ~ I'd rather see them work with the best producers in town than, say, some kid and his trashcans lol.

RIGHT, Im like what kinda panhandlers he know? Im lucky if I give something and get a "thanks" in return, quite different than getting a or autographed or personalized memorabilia or exclusives from a fave...Damn the hollywood panhandlers need to step their gme up because they aren't offering any of the above.

LOL yup, both are still all the way gangsta & real, like that's another reason I LIVE for T-Boz interviews, SHE.DON'T.GIVE.A.FUCK. LOL you ask a question and she'll answer it and name names. And yea I don't want what their money can afford....I really don't like  I said if they aimed for this project without the proper funds, the only way that would work is begging the producers and pulling favors.

This has NOTHING to do with the industry as it does TLC having no place in today's industry bc there is ZERO demand for their Supply

Yes they panhandled and made $250k risk free, taxable money (hope they know that bc you know how they are with money) thanks to a small small SMALL percentage of music buyers but they don't have a fan base. They don't have a demand. No one is checking for 2015 TLC

Wrong it has pleanty. And again I don't get how you aren't getting they don't care that they ahve "no" demand, their fanbase doesn't either, they want to finally release the album they've been talking about releasing for almost 4 years now. If they were looking for a #1 album with a opening week of 200K they would need to worry about the demand, same for the fans if that's what they want. Since they likely don't, and most of us for sure don't, why should that matter? I'd rather a flop 30K that's probably among their best work, than a 130K selling album that sounds worst than 3D (or Fanmail for me since I actually prefer 3D to fanmail personally). And that's most fans, the reason Im going to bat with you over this is you keep putting this importance on the sales, relevance, & demand, that holds absolutely no importance to this project. I want to have this album and I want it to be a good album more than I want it to be a standard "successful" album

Bu is correct. 

Fixed that for you, Games facts are meaningless to this conversation, he's just shading. Now if their concern was to have more #1's, and outsell their 1st 3 albums, or were in fact legitimately rich and doing this it'd be a different story.

• Upvote 1

RIGHT, Im like what kinda panhandlers he know? Im lucky if I give something and get a "thanks" in return, quite different than getting a or autographed or personalized memorabilia or exclusives from a fave...Damn the hollywood panhandlers need to step their gme up because they aren't offering any of the above.

LOL yup, both are still all the way gangsta & real, like that's another reason I LIVE for T-Boz interviews, SHE.DON'T.GIVE.A.FUCK. LOL you ask a question and she'll answer it and name names. And yea I don't want what their money can afford....I really don't like  I said if they aimed for this project without the proper funds, the only way that would work is begging the producers and pulling favors.

Yeah, I'd love to know myself. :lol: And do they say "Thanks for the change, you win this autographed poster I probably could've sold for more than what you actually gave me! And this money will go towards my album ... not drugs and alcohol, I promise!" :P

Oh I could watch TLC interviews for hours! OK maybe not that long but a good long while anyway lol. T-Boz always kept it really real and is a lot of fun to watch/listen to ~ her Left Eye impression is hilarious! :lol: Especially when she was talking about the gunpoint incident on the Monique show.

Yeah, I just say whatever it takes to get this album out the gate... as T herself said "Get that money, honey!" B)

As for their current popularity...

both.gif

I'm just here for good music. B)

• Upvote 1

LOL yup, both are still all the way gangsta & real, like that's another reason I LIVE for T-Boz interviews, SHE.DON'T.GIVE.A.FUCK. LOL you ask a question and she'll answer it and name names. And yea I don't want what their money can afford....I really don't like I said if they aimed for this project without the proper funds, the only way that would work is begging the producers and pulling favors.

Wrong it has pleanty. And again I don't get how you aren't getting they don't care that they ahve "no" demand, their fanbase doesn't either, they want to finally release the album they've been talking about releasing for almost 4 years now. If they were looking for a #1 album with a opening week of 200K they would need to worry about the demand, same for the fans if that's what they want. Since they likely don't, and most of us for sure don't, why should that matter? I'd rather a flop 30K that's probably among their best work, than a 130K selling album that sounds worst than 3D (or Fanmail for me since I actually prefer 3D to fanmail personally). And that's most fans, the reason Im going to bat with you over this is you keep putting this importance on the sales, relevance, & demand, that holds absolutely no importance to this project. I want to have this album and I want it to be a good album more than I want it to be a standard "successful" album

Fixed that for you, Games facts are meaningless to this conversation, he's just shading. Now if their concern was to have more #1's, and outsell their 1st 3 albums, or were in fact legitimately rich and doing this it'd be a different story.

No demand for them in the market.. So what's the point of supplying. To make 1200 people happy? I guess.

Btw my point isn't guided by sales. If Ciara or anyone younger today did it, we all would dog em and laugh but since it's your precious TLC, it's okay? If Soldja Boi did this, would you toot that horn? Nope but since TLC did it, it's okay.

IMO It's just very pathetic attempt of asking for money from fans, panhandling, whilst you making more money than 80% of people (T-Boz $11,000/ month with her million dollar house)

You real mad people agree with me :lmao: it's ok J. I love you. Happy birthday

No demand for them in the market.. So what's the point of supplying. To make 1200 people happy? I guess.

Btw my point isn't guided by sales. If Ciara or anyone younger today did it, we all would dog em and laugh but since it's your precious TLC, it's okay? If Soldja Boi did this, would you toot that horn? Nope but since TLC did it, it's okay.

IMO It's just very pathetic attempt of asking for money from fans, panhandling, whilst you making more money than 80% of people (T-Boz $11,000/ month with her million dollar house)

You real mad people agree with me :lmao: it's ok J. I love you. Happy birthday

Because they want to release a last album, they don't want their last album to be the last, it makes sense.

That's because they aren't legends and this isn't their last album, and I would shade it at 1st but then after day 2 or 3 it'd be stale. I don't think anyone you named but TLC can pull this off because they're known for great music rom 92-13, so it's not the same comparisons

.....it's only 1 person...there's more that agree with me, nothing to be mad about. loves ya too, and thanks :thumbup:

Because they want to release a last album, they don't want their last album to be the last, it makes sense.

That's because they aren't legends and this isn't their last album, and I would shade it at 1st but then after day 2 or 3 it'd be stale. I don't think anyone you named but TLC can pull this off because they're known for great music rom 92-13, so it's not the same comparisons

.....it's only 1 person...there's more that agree with me, nothing to be mad about. loves ya too, and thanks :thumbup:

I think their last album should be their last... 3D did well and achieved what they deserved at the time. I think another album will decrease their value and their legacy. I respect their work and but I cannot respect panhandling for non-political agendas. It's in poor taste.. That's my opinion. You cannot change that... When this album is released, I hope you enjoy it

It was 1.5 people... I'll let you figure out the math on that one.. but You know what.. It's your birthday so I don't want to argue. I will discontinue "shading" TLC*.. That's a gift from me to you :wub: 

Yes they panhandled and made $250k risk free, taxable money (hope they know that bc you know how they are with money) thanks to a small small SMALL percentage of music buyers but they don't have a fan base. They don't have a demand. No one is checking for 2015 TLCYo

It has a lot to do with this industry and how they treat artist of that age. People said the same thing when janet had back to back flops and was playing auditoriums on her last tour.  Was it no place for her?  Was there zero demand?  You can't say it is zero demand for their supply when they are the reason we keep getting these crappy biopics.  They sparked a trend with that because of how many people watched now everyone wants to do a biopic.  And whether it was desperate or not they reached their goal on kickstarter faster than anyone in the history of that website.  So someone is demanding them.  They aren't brownstone.  I respect them for at least being creative 

• Upvote 1

It has a lot to do with this industry and how they treat artist of that age. People said the same thing when janet had back to back flops and was playing auditoriums on her last tour.  Was it no place for her?  Was there zero demand?  You can't say it is zero demand for their supply when they are the reason we keep getting these crappy biopics.  They sparked a trend with that because of how many people watched now everyone wants to do a biopic.  And whether it was desperate or not they reached their goal on kickstarter faster than anyone in the history of that website.  So someone is demanding them.  They aren't brownstone.  I respect them for at least being creative 

Nnnnnnnn Brownstone! Let me listen to their 2 bops on iTunes

It has a lot to do with this industry and how they treat artist of that age. People said the same thing when janet had back to back flops and was playing auditoriums on her last tour. Was it no place for her? Was there zero demand? You can't say it is zero demand for their supply when they are the reason we keep getting these crappy biopics. They sparked a trend with that because of how many people watched now everyone wants to do a biopic. And whether it was desperate or not they reached their goal on kickstarter faster than anyone in the history of that website. So someone is demanding them. They aren't brownstone. I respect them for at least being creative

Uhhh Janet's can sell out concerts world wide. Can TC? Janet can serve up blockbuster films... Janet doesn't have to panhandle online bc she saved her coins and is a living LEGEND BY HER SOLO SELF. Janet Jackson is a best selling author.. Where's Chili? Where's T-bone? No where on Janet's radar

you fail comparing TLC to Janet Jackson in EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM.. Janet Jackson has literally sold DOUBLE of what TLC could sell.. Janet Jackson has lasted over THREE DIFFERENT DECADES while TLC barely completed one

the UCNP tour wrote Janet a $60 million check from hard work and dedication. Where was TLC? On reality TV.. Dragging in the ratings

I can go on and on and all you got is a basic cable biopic and them breaking records on kickstarter for other flops and hasbeens to follow.. You think The Beyonce's and Adele's are going to do this? Nah she paved the way for untalented, self-absorbed D-listers like themselves. Social media-celebs and has been rappers/90s singers/ reality TV stars. Bye Felicia

I apologize to Jarryl.. She mentioned Janet for some idiotic reason as if Janet is in the same sinking boat as TLC.. Don't come for Janet when your favs drives a mini-van and panhandles for a living

this forum has not changed and thats why so many people don't come here anymore...running to hit the report button. pathetic. and for the record that doesn't scare me...getting banned from this forum doesn't phase me one way or another now report that!

• Upvote 1

this forum has not changed and thats why so many people don't come here anymore...running to hit the report button. pathetic. and for the record that doesn't scare me...getting banned from this forum doesn't phase me one way or another now report that!

you got reported? SMH it ain't that serious

Uhhh Janet's can sell out concerts world wide. Can TC? Janet can serve up blockbuster films... Janet doesn't have to panhandle online bc she saved her coins and is a living LEGEND BY HER SOLO SELF. Janet Jackson is a best selling author.. Where's Chili? Where's T-bone? No where on Janet's radar

you fail comparing TLC to Janet Jackson in EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM.. Janet Jackson has literally sold DOUBLE of what TLC could sell.. Janet Jackson has lasted over THREE DIFFERENT DECADES while TLC barely completed one

the UCNP tour wrote Janet a $60 million check from hard work and dedication. Where was TLC? On reality TV.. Dragging in the ratings

I can go on and on and all you got is a basic cable biopic and them breaking records on kickstarter for other flops and hasbeens to follow.. You think The Beyonce's and Adele's are going to do this? Nah she paved the way for untalented, self-absorbed D-listers like themselves. Social media-celebs and has been rappers/90s singers/ reality TV stars. Bye Felicia

I apologize to Jarryl.. She mentioned Janet for some idiotic reason as if Janet is in the same sinking boat as TLC.. Don't come for Janet when your favs drives a mini-van and panhandles for a living

True but Janet had problems on the back end of her music career and you can't deny it.   TLC fans make the same argument.  They sold big and did big things in the past but you want to bash them because people want to show support for these girls doing one last album like they are some back alley doo wop group. They are still icons and trendsetters regardless if they are riding bicycles or flying in g5's .  You are bashing them the same way people bashed Janet.  

True but Janet had problems on the back end of her music career and you can't deny it.   TLC fans make the same argument.  They sold big and did big things in the past but you want to bash them because people want to show support for these girls doing one last album like they are some back alley doo wop group. They are still icons and trendsetters regardless if they are riding bicycles or flying in g5's .  You are bashing them the same way people bashed Janet.  

Everyone has problems... Beyonce has problems.. Adele has problems.. Janet has problems.. Michael had 99 problems 

I didn't bash them until you tried with your Janet comparison.

kdb_zpszsmh91ae.gif

I think their last album should be their last... 3D did well and achieved what they deserved at the time. I think another album will decrease their value and their legacy. I respect their work and but I cannot respect panhandling for non-political agendas. It's in poor taste.. That's my opinion. You cannot change that... When this album is released, I hope you enjoy it

It was 1.5 people... I'll let you figure out the math on that one.. but You know what.. It's your birthday so I don't want to argue. I will discontinue "shading" TLC*.. That's a gift from me to you :wub:

I would too, because personally Fanmail is my least favorite album from them and 3D was better, BUT it wasn't the album they wanted to make and how or when they wanted to make it or who they wanted to make it with, so if they think they can do better, I say go for it, and if I can help it hapen, even better and it's not that I'm trying to change your opinion, it's more that it's just doing the most when it's not necissary anymore, like you could say doing this album lol.

Daww....that would've been so shweeet if I didn't already see the responses to Skin's, so I won't respond to your responses to him, I'll just leave that between you 2....and overly congratulate Skins for his points I agree with  :wub:

YESSSSS I agree with every single thing & point you made!

Everyone has problems... Beyonce has problems.. Adele has problems.. Janet has problems.. Michael had 99 problems 

I didn't bash them until you tried with your Janet comparison.

kdb_zpszsmh91ae.gif

The comparison is you said TLC's failures had nothing to do with this industry which is not true.  People wanted to hear music from them when their last video with Neyo came out but due to circumstances beyond their control no music was released.   I don't see how you can list Janet's accomplishments in the midst of her bad times but then get on TLC fans for doing the same thing.