OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

1 hour ago, MorganR said:

Awe well I guess she is gonna hire new dancers after all. I actually liked all the dancers except for Whyley and the big girl. Yeah she can dance but she just didn't look right and at times a mess. Oh by the way looks like her makeup artist Preston joined in the "So Excited" performance

State Of The World Tour grossed $33.4 million! She was the 4th highest grossing touring female act in North America for 2017.

Average Ticket Price: $73.14

Average Attendance Per Show: 8,154

Total Tickets Sold: 456,633

Average Gross Per Show: $596,429

https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2018/01/2017YearEndTop200NorthAmericanTours_622.pdf

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

State Of The World Tour grossed $33.4 million! She was the 4th highest grossing touring female act in North America for 2017.

https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2018/01/2017YearEndTop200NorthAmericanTours_622.pdf

that's great news especially when all box office wasn't reported I know Detroit had to be a good stop that shit was packed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Obayifo said:

That's good to be an independent act but that pales in comparison of that divorce bag she bought to acquire. Get money bitch. :rolleyes:

Ch....you know Janet is a successful artist and very high net worth individual who has never had financial problems. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/5/2018 at 9:32 PM, Kishi said:

amazing stuff

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amy said:

Would the theme of the SoTW tour have the same impact or meaning outside of the US?

I thought about that too...I don't think it would have as much impact. And I think the setlist would require a change...as much as Ioved that she performed Island Life, WAYN, 24Play etc, they would be mainly lost on European crowds

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Amy said:

Would the theme of the SoTW tour have the same impact or meaning outside of the US?

She''d have to be a tad bit more literal with the theme and use a lot more background images to convey the message. Pretty much what Anohni did with her Hopelessness tour. And like @vibeology said, the medley would not work that well over here. She'd have to replace it with songs like Shouda Known Better, Livin In The World etc.

She wouldn't need to change much if she played on our numerous festivals but i feel like for a solo artist, she'd have to pump up the volume a bit to play in Arenas. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Utopia said:

She''d have to be a tad bit more literal with the theme and use a lot more background images to convey the message. Pretty much what Anohni did with her Hopelessness tour. And like @vibeology said, the medley would not work that well over here. She'd have to replace it with songs like Shouda Known Better, Livin In The World etc.

She wouldn't need to change much if she played on our numerous festivals but i feel like for a solo artist, she'd have to pump up the volume a bit to play in Arenas. 

Arent all the festivals and their artists pretty much set for this summer? And would all her (older) fans be expected to go to a festival to see her? It seemed like a cool strategy to me before but I aint so sure now. You'd get a 45 min set as opposed to a 2hr concert?

7 hours ago, vibeology said:

Arent all the festivals and their artists pretty much set for this summer? And would all her (older) fans be expected to go to a festival to see her? It seemed like a cool strategy to me before but I aint so sure now. You'd get a 45 min set as opposed to a 2hr concert?

They are but i think that that would be the best option for her to start a tour over here. 

I think that the fans would. You see lots and lots of different generations on festivals Rock In Rio, Glastonbury etc. festivals that mix the old with the new. 

For festivals the tour would work like it is. Shed only have to cut the medley and do minor adjustments  so 45 mins would work imo. 

• Like 1