Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kidfresh832

The Trailer for Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' Album Is Here and It's Very Earthy

Recommended Posts

The first half of the album sounds like Justin went into the studio with the total intention of doing everything that John Legend did in his solo debut album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dal said:

The first half of the album sounds like Justin went into the studio with the total intention of fucking up his career

I didn’t bother with Legend but I fixed this for you

Nothing on this album is catchy. It’s like a bunch of random ass songs with lazy ass lyrics with zero substance. I’m not here for that. I’ve only listened to it once all the way around but I was not pleased

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

I didn’t bother with Legend but I fixed this for you

Nothing on this album is catchy. It’s like a bunch of random ass songs with lazy ass lyrics with zero substance. I’m not here for that. I’ve only listened to it once all the way around but I was not pleased

Wow.. and word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That interlude “Hers” is cringeworthy...Jessica Biel didn’t bring it for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far the only listenable track for me is Say Something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dal said:

That interlude “Hers” is cringeworthy...Jessica Biel didn’t bring it for that

Deleted that track immediately :lol: 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dal said:

So far the only listenable track for me is Say Something

Lazy lyrics.. zero substance. I don’t like it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Related image

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we start chanting #ImpeachJT, maybe this is a grower... 

Only time will tell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.......................................Your president's approval ratings are atrocious...

Image result for grinch smile gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I never thought I would see the day that Justin is not in favor. It seems the the critics and the public either hates the album and/or not even interested in listening. 

 

I will admit, even with me being a Justin fan.... I haven't listened to ANYTHING from this era, not one song .. i honestly just haven't been moved to ..it's weird..it's been such a weird roll-out for him..idk..this is not the usual for him. This is one of the oddest releases I've ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dal said:

The first half of the album sounds like Justin went into the studio with the total intention of doing everything that John Legend did in his solo debut album

:lol: like who the hell he think gon play that shit on the radio? Beyonce did the same with "Lemonade". They barely played any of her music on radio for that era and Formation was played in the beginning of the albums debut but quickly faded from radio and club playlists.

10 hours ago, Dal said:

I actually listened to the first half today on 🍎🎶  and it’s no good.. he should’ve stuck with the sound he had on 20/20 cuz this shit was almost hard to listen to...

bruno mars’ farts and burps shit all over this so-called “album”... JT better stick to the classics on Sunday...

I do not foresee JT’s getting the Grammys like Bruno just did last weekend

Those Michael Jackson leftovers? lol

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

:lol: like who the hell he think gon play that shit on the radio? Beyonce did the same with "Lemonade". They barely played any of her music on radio for that era and Formation was played in the beginning of the albums debut but quickly faded from radio and club playlists.

Those Michael Jackson leftovers? lol

None of the songs on 20/20 were made for MJ 🤦🏾‍♂️ The only album that featured songs for MJ by producers was Justified 

MJ wasn’t even alive when 20/20 hit 🤦🏾‍♂️

Justin isn’t the only artist to take rejected beats from another artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to half of it today and its mediocre clearly.  But, I completely reject the notion you need "radio singles".  Fuck the radio.  I haven't listened to the radio in years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

I listened to half of it today and its mediocre clearly.  But, I completely reject the notion you need "radio singles".  Fuck the radio.  I haven't listened to the radio in years.

Completely agree! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2018 at 10:36 PM, Dal said:

So far the only listenable track for me is Say Something

Pretty much sums up the whole album for me. Yikes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ljnnj OMG 

Quote

Though we initially expected it to bow as high as 700k+ (probably because we forgot to plug in our abacus)Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods (RCA) now appears on track for a first-week total in the neighborhood of 250k-275k. Streaming accounts for less than 20% of that total. JT's Super Bowl halftime performance does not appear to have boosted the underperforming set. Stay tuned for updates

http://wwkw.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310409

250k - 275K

To get some perspective, He was supposed to do around 350K before the SB... He performed and instead of increasing the sales (like literally every single artist  who performed there) his predictions decreased to 315K and now they are at 250 WITH SPS.

Let's wait for the final figures but if this keeps going, Man Of The Woody Allen might not even reach 500K when it's all said and done.

 

l1of4lF.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Utopia said:

ljnnj OMG 

http://wwkw.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310409

250k - 275K

To get some perspective, He was supposed to do around 350K before the SB... He performed and instead of increasing the sales (like literally every single artist  who performed there) his predictions decreased to 315K and now they are at 250 WITH SPS.

Let's wait for the final figures but if this keeps going, Man Of The Woody Allen might not even reach 500K when it's all said and done.

 

l1of4lF.gif

Related image

It's so beautiful!!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Utopia said:

ljnnj OMG 

http://wwkw.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310409

250k - 275K

To get some perspective, He was supposed to do around 350K before the SB... He performed and instead of increasing the sales (like literally every single artist  who performed there) his predictions decreased to 315K and now they are at 250 WITH SPS.

Let's wait for the final figures but if this keeps going, Man Of The Woody Allen might not even reach 500K when it's all said and done.

 

l1of4lF.gif

Untitled286-vi.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And didn’t Unbreakable debut around 190,000 copies first week with zero promotion, let alone a Super Bowl Halftime show and 4 music videos before the album is even released..??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dal said:

And didn’t Unbreakable debut around 190,000 copies first week with zero promotion, let alone a Super Bowl Halftime show and 4 music videos before the album is even released..??

Unbreakable sold 119k first week and 250k overall (something easy to research) and let’s not compare an independent legend with an artist with a huge company riding him :umm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Unbreakable sold 119k first week and 250k overall (something easy to research) and let’s not compare an independent legend with an artist with a huge company riding him :umm: 

Oh ok 119 for some reason I was think 190... and Norman I did research it by posting it on here knowing your ass will come in with whatever confirmation or correction it deserved cuz I wasn’t in no rush and now boom we all know = research (thanks)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dal said:

Oh ok 119 for some reason I was think 190... and Norman I did research it by posting it on here knowing your ass will come in with whatever confirmation or correction it deserved cuz I wasn’t in no rush and now boom we all know = research (thanks)

Yes... I’m the forum’s fact checker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Justin just did this album because he was performing at the SB..promotion and whatnot.  What he wasn't expecting was the criticism and backlash that led up to everything.

The Man of The Woods persona he was trying to portray isn't clicking..his album has no replay value..his singles aren't resonating..

His tour should carry him over, but this era is already forgettable.   

He'll get a number 1 album though. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

I think Justin just did this album because he was performing at the SB..promotion and whatnot.  What he wasn't expecting was the criticism and backlash that led up to everything.

The Man of The Woods persona he was trying to portray isn't clicking..his album has no replay value..his singles aren't resonating..

His tour should carry him over, but this era is already forgettable.   

He'll get a number 1 album though. -_-

He was releasing regardless (five year period thing he’s on). He really thought this album was solid.. he reunited with Pharrell for this album. This is what they made together and it’s terrible

He failed by promoting it as a “country album” then reverse that scheme after he released his first two singles which weren’t country at all.

Then he doubled down stating that this album isn’t a country album.. despite the country photo shoots. 

This era exploded in his face and now, post-Super Bowl... his career will suffer

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×