Official: Madonna’s 14th Album-“Madame X”

Lenzo88

1 hour ago, Aquaria said:

Wow I’m surprised with all the praise in here. I’ll have to give it a spin.

It's getting good reviews as well. I'm happy for her. It would have been so much better minus them songs with the rappers -_-....I give it a B+...it's really American Life part deux

Madonna is doing the interview circuit for the album, from what I am hearing about the album it's actually supposed to be good.....let me find a moment to check her out :coffee:

I dont like Madonna interviews anymore you can't ask her anything she hasn't already answered before

Seriously, I have listened to this album about 5-6 times and I’m completely in F$&@ING LOVE!!!! 😫😭😭😭 This is officially the Madonna album we’ve been waiting for since “Confessions...” I cant believe she was still able to relieved at this stage of her career! It’s like Janet with “Unbreakable”, so unprecedented and worth the run of mediocrity we’ve gotten this past 11 years! Mind you, I gave “Rebel Heart” a pass because I felt her days of innovation, creativity and musical ambition had ended and she was doing this all business and while Madame X IS, the production and music itself holds up beyond anything we’ve expected! Such passion, meaning and effort put into this one to create the kind of boundary pushing art she has ALWAYS been known for. Yeah, there are obvious flaws like any other album but to pros outweighs the cons by 1,000s!!! 

Easily in my top 5-6 albums of her discography!!! She STILL has it when she has something to say for sure!!! 😍❤️❤️❤️ 👍

I find myself going back and listening to certain songs..which is surprising since all of the singles that have been released are lackluster.

I hate the way she sounds on the beginning of "God Control"..it's like she's singing through her teeth. :huh: That disco switch saves the song.

Tracks I do like are: Come Alive, Faz Gostoso, and Bitch I'm Loca(with Maluma fine ass:wub:). "Crave" is ok and I can see why it was released.  "Dark Ballet" is experimental, but it goes no where. "I Don't Search, I Find" sounds like a bop, but it's a spark missing..

I do admire Madonna for always trying different sounds and digging deeper with her lyrics.

For experimental and expanding her sound, I'll give the album a solid "B".

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why, but I haven't been feeling the album really. It felt like a chore listening to this, whereas Confessions for example flew by. I still haven't listened to it all the way through, and i've tried to twice now. IDK. 

46 minutes ago, Dominique Laveau said:

So that would make Madonna the 5th artist to have a number one album in the US in each of the four decades. Congrats!

Negatory!!! 😉 Madonna has had a #1 album in the 80s, 2000s, 2010s but NOT the 90s. She will be officially the second female artist with most #1 albums in the US tho; Barbara being the first.

Only Janet, Barbara and Bruce hold that title for the 80s-2010s. Barbara leading by 2 decades more tho (60s-2010s). 

I can see Janet coming in second for most #1 albums in consecutive decades (80s-2020s) in the next couple of years. But who knows, just wishful thinking at this point. 👀🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

38 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Negatory!!! 😉 Madonna has had a #1 album in the 80s, 2000s, 2010s but NOT the 90s. She will be officially the second female artist with most #1 albums in the US tho; Barbara being the first.

Only Janet, Barbara and Bruce hold that title for the 80s-2010s. Barbara leading by 2 decades more tho (60s-2010s). 

I can see Janet coming in second for most #1 albums in consecutive decades (80s-2020s) in the next couple of years. But who knows, just wishful thinking at this point. 👀🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

And I Oop :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Eh she missed the #1 in every other country 

did she get it here though?  I mean she's going to eat that up and so will her fans, I thought Bruce was supposed to block that, but let me stop being a hater and let the white chick just be great -_-