Janet Jackson Performing at Jeddah World Fest

3 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Michael is dead bro but you right. If it were a man, no one would give a fuck

Not even him being a man just in general. "Michael performs heal the world in Saudi Arabia, breaks social barriers". I can already see the headlines so why can't Janet get the same respect.

11 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Naw I see this as a chance for her to go educate. A real humanitarian would go and try to make change. I'm sure she feels her music can make a difference there. Ya'll got it backwards. If it was Michael Jackson people would be praising him.

It would be a different context, different story if she had previously gone to SA on a Humanitarian trip first to establish a sense of credibility to whatever “education” she would be able to provide to the people and leaders of a Human Rights violator country. But no, instead she last minute decides to take a check and a private luxury jet to go and entertain alongside 50 Cent and DJ Aiko 

and when MJ went to South Africa he met with Nelson Mandela first

6 minutes ago, Dal said:

It would be a different context, different story if she had previously gone to SA on a Humanitarian trip first to establish a sense of credibility to whatever “education” she would be able to provide to the people and leaders of a Human Rights violator country. But no, instead she last minute decides to take a check and a private luxury jet to go and entertain alongside 50 Cent and DJ Aiko 

Yeah, but lets be realistic here. Wissam is from Qatar which is basically right next door. You think Janet is that misinformed about Saudi Arabia? At the end of the day that is the heritage of her own son. She has every right to want to perform there, make change, and educate her child.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Yeah, but lets be realistic here. Wissam is from Qatar which is basically right next door. You think Janet is that misinformed about Saudi Arabia? At the end of the day that is the heritage of her own son. She has every right to want to perform there, make change, and educate her child.

Pretty sure Saudi and Qatar hate each other too lol

4 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I want her to open with Freexone and Moist.

In that country?!?? 😳😱 Janet betta start rehearsing her immediate retreat while ducking those stones being thrown at her for unbefitting acts of a second class citizen if she does that! 🤪👍

I heard somebody over there had the plug on harem pants and abayas...Janet had to take the deal. She is cutting corners trying to save money for her upcoming project...them fabrics ain't cheap:huh: 

My good sis Nahiza down the street got it for the low low tho if anybody interested..hit me up...you too can dress like you are post apocalyptic, hot, gothic, unkept and crazy. Get on it. :rolleyes:

Honestly this performance reads as very desperate for Janet. I’ve had quite a few disappointments on the way she’s been allowing her regime to be ran and influenced by ppl who have no right being in those positions. That’s not a theory, that’s a fact. I actually feel for many of the fans who are holding to the shreds of hope their “freedom fighter” fave is going on a mission. This isn’t the case. I don’t condone anywhere mistreating women, but I also understand cultural context means different ideologies apply in different regions of the world. Janet didn’t need this check. Janet could have booked herself in many other places a few times over to make this money. 

If she speaks out it will be the most dangerous thing she’s done, being in their country & attacking their principles under such strict laws/regulations. I’m sure she will do her job and leave and never address it.

4 hours ago, Dal said:

Not to mention:

guess where the 19 terrorists on September 11th came from.........?

any guesses............. 👀 

America? Sorry had to,  911 was an inside job through and through. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I’m not Joe... I get your frustrations and I understand them. I follow politics closely 

Everything in bold is accurate. Also.. Dubai happened and none of ya said a damn thing 

Shes performed in America for years. By the senile and flawed logic some of the oldies are displaying in here she shouldn’t perform in her birth country either since they want her to not perform in problematic countries 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bu. said:

Shes performed in America for years. By the senile and flawed logic some of the oldies are displaying in here she shouldn’t perform in her birth country either since they want her to not perform in problematic countries 

We have concentration camps in our country soooooooo Janet should cancel her Vegas and September gigs because shitty fans are butt hurt is the logic I’m following

Hate crime is on the rise, we have a racist AND alleged rapist as president

The Great Depression need to medicate... and FAST

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

We have concentration camps in our country soooooooo Janet should cancel her Vegas and September gigs because shitty fans are butt hurt is the logic I’m following

Hate crime is on the rise, we have a racist AND alleged rapist as president

The Great Depression need to medicate... and FAST

This. No country is free from corruption. People need to either be consistent in their  anger or shut up and enjoy the music. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bu. said:

This. No country is free from corruption. People need to either be consistent in their  anger or shut up and enjoy the music. 

Gurl!! They BIG MAD :lmao: 

Meanwhile in the United States, Trump’s kkklan just chanted “Send her back” during his racist group rally

But go on telling us how Janet collecting royalty from the Middle East is an issue. Go on ignoring the children in cages and faking outrage... y’all still gonna listen to her. Y’all still going to support her and buy her shit... but go on :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Gurl!! They BIG MAD :lmao: 

Meanwhile in the United States, Trump’s kkklan just chanted “Send her back” during his racist group rally

But go on telling us how Janet collecting royalty from the Middle East is an issue. Go on ignoring the children in cages and faking outrage... y’all still gonna listen to her. Y’all still going to support her and buy her shit... but go on :coffee: 

!!!!! This 

29 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

The fake outrage is bonkers 

Turn your fake outrage onto the concentration camps at our southern boarder

Illegal immigrants being detained!!! In Janet’s words “There are more important things going on in the world!” 🤔🤪

17 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Illegal immigrants being detained!!! In Janet’s words “There are more important things going on in the world!” 🤔🤪

No such thing as an “illegal” person. Immigration is legal.. and seeking asylum is as well

I’m sure Janet’s heart goes out to the men, women, & children in cages

For me the issue at large isn’t the terrible politics of SA, it’s the fact that Janet seems to be taking gigs from places she recently spoke against when it comes to their ideology AND she just didn’t need this random ass gig. 

When she posted on Twitter about the airline making that statement about women & then the SOTW whole concept. When I say it reads as desperate it’s just not a performance she needed. 

I actually agree with the statement we have our own issues here & don’t have the moral high ground to judge any other country AT ALL & America is a travesty…that’s a very true statement 

• Upvote 1

I wont sit through and read all this, can't a bitch get her coin? I mean ya'll making this political. Introducing Western performers and influence on that region alone helps to alleviate some of the Middle East's perceptions. When country's can isolate from the developing world, they can socially keep things the way they've always been.