ICYMI: JD Still Has Tattoo of Janet

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/17/jermaine-dupri-doesnt-regret-tattoo-of-ex-janet-jackson/

I have a tattoo of her — but I know her,” the superproducer, who dated Jackson from 2002 to 2009 said.

“People have tattoos of people that they do not know. So when I got the Janet tattoo people were like, ‘What if y’all break up?’ But this is someone I know. I don’t regret Janet’s tattoo — we have matching ones.”

Dupri, who also worked with Jackson as well as Usher, Jay-Z and Mariah Carey, said that when the couple first went public: “People were shocked when they found out we were dating. It’s the same way like my entire career. I am from Atlanta . . . Atlanta was not mainstream to people until now. So when you hear that ‘Janet Jackson is dating this guy from Atlanta,’ it sounds like Nebraska. Like why are you dating this guy, like out of all places?”

As far as their current status, “When people on Twitter say, ‘Why haven’t you said happy birthday to Janet Jackson?’. . . these people are stupid. It’s a person that I dated for almost 10 years. I can pick up the phone and call that person. So when you ask if I wish that I could get Janet Jackson back — it’s a phone call away.”

His doc, “Power, Influence and Hip-Hop The Remarkable Rise of So So Def” airs Thursday on WE TV.

so his edge to get any promo is to keep answering questions about his former relationship with Janet Jackson? :umm: that's all the media wants from him? :umm: that's his selling point ? :umm:

why can't he just go "it happen, it was what it was, it's over now, I'm pass it, ya'll should be too" -_-

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

so his edge to get any promo is to keep answering questions about his former relationship with Janet Jackson? :umm: that's all the media wants from him? :umm: that's his selling point ? :umm:

why can't he just go "it happen, it was what it was, it's over now, I'm pass it, ya'll should be too" -_-

Because he still loves her. And probably wants her back. DA brat has said that she wishes they were back together. 

3 minutes ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Because he still loves her. And probably wants her back. DA brat has said that she wishes they were back together. 

Da Who can have several seats. While Janet was great for his career, Her career suffered as soon as she was with him until the end.. change my mind

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

That was the only thing that made him interesting

4 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Da Who can have several seats. While Janet was great for his career, Her career suffered as soon as she was with him until the end.. change my mind

That was the only thing that made him interesting

Her career suffered yes. But personally I think she loved him and he loved her. They might just be soulmates... 

34 minutes ago, BlackCat1989 said:

Her career suffered yes. But personally I think she loved him and he loved her. They might just be soulmates... 

I still feel like they could get back together. Yes, what he did was wrong but she forgave him and they're still friends. There was great chemistry between them and as long as he stays away from her production team i would like to see them back together.

5 hours ago, BlackCat1989 said:

we cool, having said that, who gives a fuck about him loving her, he fucked a stripper unprotected and got her pregnant while dating Janet Jackson....cancelled :filenails:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I still feel like they could get back together. Yes, what he did was wrong but she forgave him and they're still friends. There was great chemistry between them and as long as he stays away from her production team i would like to see them back together.

I think he like all her men influenced her, he had her posing for XXL magazine :sigh:  he wasn't good for her brand. Now Wissam had Janet stepping it up like a damn queen her presentation her look and all was very regal. Besides there's Essa and I dont see room for too much else

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he like all her men influenced her, he had her posing for XXL magazine :sigh:  he wasn't good for her brand. Now Wissam had Janet stepping it up like a damn queen her presentation her look and all was very regal. Besides there's Essa and I dont see room for too much else

At the time he was. He normalize her 

:umm: at Wissam 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

you mean he took a premium brand and made it accessible for all thus cheap :coffee:

Y'all too hard on him. He tried to get her on the reality star/social media movement. If she had listened maybe we would have all her videos on YouTube by now lol. I know Janet is private, but the golden MTV era was ending anyways. 

And bringing her into a more hip-hop sound wasn't a bad idea, just poorly executed. 

36 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Y'all too hard on him. He tried to get her on the reality star/social media movement. If she had listened maybe we would have all her videos on YouTube by now lol. I know Janet is private, but the golden MTV era was ending anyways. 

And bringing her into a more hip-hop sound wasn't a bad idea, just poorly executed. 

I disagree Janet Jackson wasn't a hip hop artist never was, never would be, and wasn't going to be whole sale embraced by the hip hop community. Janet has moments she can keep it cute "What's It Gonna Be" carried by someone else, but overall Janet's a pop R&B artist and JD had no clue how to manufacture those "magic" moments with Janet Jackson the brand. This is actually one of the biggest criticisms of Janet, not the post SB years, but the music :umm:

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bailey said:

I disagree Janet Jackson wasn't a hip hop artist never was, never would be, and wasn't going to be whole sale embraced by the hip hop community. Janet has moments she can keep it cute "What's It Gonna Be" carried by someone else, but overall Janet's a pop R&B artist and JD had no clue how to manufacture those "magic" moments with Janet Jackson the brand. This is actually one of the biggest criticisms of Janet, not the post SB years, but the music :umm:

Yeah, but look at music now. In that span of time you had Nicki doing electro house, Kelly Rowland with David Guetta, Katy Perry with Juicy J. Taylor Swift and Myley Cyrus making trap music. Usher and Chris Brown going full on pop. And now Spanish artists on American songs. Everything is intertwined now. It could of worked, but JD tried to make Janet sound like Emancipation of MiMI when instead it should of been more of a Nelly Furtado Loose, a Fergie Dutches. Pop albums with enough hip hop swag for the college parties at the clubs. Even Madonna's Hard Candy kinda had it right.  

36 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Yeah, but look at music now. In that span of time you had Nicki doing electro house, Kelly Rowland with David Guetta, Katy Perry with Juicy J. Taylor Swift and Myley Cyrus making trap music. Usher and Chris Brown going full on pop. And now Spanish artists on American songs. Everything is intertwined now. It could of worked, but JD tried to make Janet sound like Emancipation of MiMI when instead it should of been more of a Nelly Furtado Loose, a Fergie Dutches. Pop albums with enough hip hop swag for the college parties at the clubs. Even Madonna's Hard Candy kinda had it right.  

You need to update your music library. Kelly Rowland? Really :umm: She hasn’t had a R&B hit since 2014 (Ice feat. Like Wayne). 

Do you know what year it is? Katy Perry went back to shitpop... Taylor’s new songs is shit. 

No one checks for Usher. 

JD had Janet sounding like everything but JANET. That’s what his issue is.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bailey said:

No she wasn’t a hip hop artist until JD. Though her voice is awesome on hip-hop songs when done right (not Chingy)

5 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

You need to update your music library. Kelly Rowland? Really :umm: She hasn’t had a R&B hit since 2014 (Ice feat. Like Wayne). 

Do you know what year it is? Katy Perry went back to shitpop... Taylor’s new songs is shit. 

No one checks for Usher. 

JD had Janet sounding like everything but JANET. That’s what his issue is.

No she wasn’t a hip hop artist until JD. Though her voice is awesome on hip-hop songs when done right (not Chingy)

We're talking about how music between 2006-2019 has changed 🙄. You don't have to make one genre of music anymore to be relevant. Madonna did a complete 360 from disco music in 2004 to working with Timberland on Hard Candy in 2008. Kelly Rowland, a RnB singer started going electro house. She found a hit with Love Takes Over in 2009. Usher a RnB singer found a hit with OMG in 2011. Nicki Minaj, a rapper crossed over with Superbase. 2013-2015 Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus, two country singers are making trap music. Beyonce went from RnB to mumble rap. 2015-2019 you have Latin and Dancehall artist featured on almost every song, even Made For Now.

So there's no excuses that Janet Jackson can't change her sound. Yes JD did a poor job, but there is still potential to do it correctly with the right producer. 

And my playlist is doing fine, hence why I'm always booked ☕ World Pride 

• Upvote 1

nope, my theory is every artist no matter the field, film, writing, painting, singing, these individuals have moments of greatness and at some point the rate of return on "genius" goes down :umm:

Janet Jackson at this stage in her career has worked with amazing producers with some mixed results, I dont think people noticed enough how much Janet infused European dance influences in her own music, much like Madonna sucked the life outta Timbaland :sigh:  On songs such as "Slolove' "ANDS" the production by Swiss duo Bag and Arnthor. 

42 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

We're talking about how music between 2006-2019 has changed 🙄. You don't have to make one genre of music anymore to be relevant. Madonna did a complete 360 from disco music in 2004 to working with Timberland on Hard Candy in 2008. Kelly Rowland, a RnB singer started going electro house. She found a hit with Love Takes Over in 2009. Usher a RnB singer found a hit with OMG in 2011. Nicki Minaj, a rapper crossed over with Superbase. 2013-2015 Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus, two country singers are making trap music. Beyonce went from RnB to mumble rap. 2015-2019 you have Latin and Dancehall artist featured on almost every song, even Made For Now.

So there's no excuses that Janet Jackson can't change her sound. Yes JD did a poor job, but there is still potential to do it correctly with the right producer. 

You have to make good music to stay relevant. Something Janet didn’t do between 2004-2014

The right producer(s) were Jimmy & Terry (and some random that’s not JD) 

An iPad mini can do your job homie. Booking a bar during World Pride as a DJ doesn’t impress me much

42 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

You have to make good music to stay relevant. Something Janet didn’t do between 2004-2014

An iPad mini can do your job homie. Booking a bar during World Pride as a DJ doesn’t impress me much

49 minutes ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

I've always respected the work of professional DJs they create, its not about a program running on an Apple product. Look what DJ Aktive does for Janet, look what so many countless other DJs have done. They get behind that player but they have to have life and give life, I can't get that from an iPad mini, if that's the case no need to hire a wedding DJ, yet among expenses for a wedding, hiring a professional DJ is up there along with the photographer. I'm saying there's an art to working a crowd -_-

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I've always respected the work of professional DJs 

Cool! I bet you loved telephone operators too

We not talking about the irrelevance of a DJ or someone who loves irrelevant artists like Kelly Rowland and Usher.. We are talking about how JD wasnt good for Janet’s music career

4 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

I like what you said. Hell Janet got a no.1 dance hit with "Made For Now" and it hit no.1 in Mexico, a sound that we wouldn't think we'd get from her.