The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Con, I had no idea this would be your first time seeing her! For some reason I thought you saw TVR tour. Can you believe we're just weeks away from this event? I'm getting more excited by the day.

I missed out on the TVR tour, my parents wouldn't let me go at the time. :asham: ...Me too, it's only mere days now. :yahoo: I can't wait to hear all about Perth's show later night.

Not that it really matters.

The Best R/E the ARIA Urban charts at #39 this week and it's also risen from #27 to #11 today on the R&B/Soul iTunes chart.

Looks like it may finally crack the ARIA Top 100 albums. With the help from the TODAY show last week and the little Kerri Anne piece they did. PLUS X Factor (hopefully)

Not that it really matters.

The Best R/E the ARIA Urban charts at #39 this week and it's also risen from #27 to #11 today on the R&B/Soul iTunes chart.

Looks like it may finally crack the ARIA Top 100 albums. With the help from the TODAY show last week and the little Kerri Anne piece they did. PLUS X Factor (hopefully)

It will most certainly enter the albums chart once the tour is in full swing.

After seeing her 3 times now, I can honestly say this, no matter how many times anyone watches the tour on youtube, or rip the audio and play it, like I do, NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, is like that feeling when those lights go out, and in this tours case, when the dedicated video goes off......and it gets really dark, and you know she's coming.... and then you hear that WOOO!!!!! from Pleasure Principle, then the lights are on, and then there she is, right in front of you, your in the same room as her, and your looking at her right in front of you..........That happyness that you'll feel is priceless. (I still get a kick out of how small & short she is in real life, like we can look at pics and say "she gained this much" but in person I couldnt tell at all, she looks GOOOOOD,and no matter how far back anyone is, they'll be able to tell that)

And when I saw her in Chicago in March, I was wayyyy back in the place, but since these are theaters, I still felt like I was just a couple feet away from her.

JANET Jackson's Australian fans are in for an up close but not so personal treat on her Australian tour.

709732-janet-jackson.jpg

Jackson kicked off her intimate theatre tour in Perth this week, with fans clearly thrilled with their proximity to the American superstar.

However, Jackson only really spoke to the crowd at the very end, as the video screen flashed up photos of her with late brother Michael - fittingly during the ode Together Again.

"Thank you for your love and support over the years, not just for me but my entire family," Janet said.

For the fans, just watching Janet Jackson do a masterclass in pop music only metres away from them was enough to satisfy.

And this show is specifically for the fans with its relentless megamix of her string of hits - too many to perform them all in full it seems.

It's a low-key production, but the high-hit factor overrides that. Jackson doesn't even bother changing outfits during the show, focussing instead on the music.

Her band recreate '80s and '90s hits like Nasty, All For You, What Have You Done For Me Lately, Rhythm Nation, If, Escapade, Runaway, Miss You Much and That's the Way Love Goes just as you remember them.

Jackson, now 45, had no problem busting out the accompanying trademark dance moves she was doing 25 years ago.

She has never been hailed for her 100 per cent live vocals, but this tour seems as "live" as you've heard her, especially during the ballads like the sweet Let's Wait Awhile.

Plenty of laughter and geographical shout-outs prove the mics are on, even if the three backing singers certainly earn their wages.

The duet with Michael Jackson's Scream is served in a bite-size portion with no comments necessary except the crowd's reaction when his image and vocals appear on video.

Jackson's constant smiling demonstrates she's enjoying seeing her fans faces as much as they're enjoying the rare chance to see a superstar at almost-touching distance.

Jackson's Number Ones: Up Close and Personal tour plays Adelaide's Festival Centre on Saturday, Melbourne's Arts Centre October 26, 27 and 29, the Gold Coast Convention Centre November 2, and the Opera House November 5, 6 and 8. Tickets are still available for most shows.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/janet-jackson-tour-kicks-off-in-australia-with-perth-concert/story-e6frf9hf-1226170582231

Janet Jackson kicks off Australian tour in Perth

695645-janet-jackson.jpg

MUSIC royalty and international superstar Janet Jackson graced the Burswood Theatre stage last night in a rare low-key style concert, which paid tribute to her late brother.

Known for her provocative tracks, elaborate stage productions and family controversy, Jackson’s Number Ones: Up Close and Personal tour was tame and tastefully intimate.

Dressed in black jeans, a black t-shirt and white jacket, the only costume change throughout the night involved removing her jacket.

And Jackson’s manoeuvre to cut out the fanfare only helped her fans, all the more, appreciate her raw talent and impressive singing and acting career spanning more than four decades.[

Given the honour to open the night, support act and winners of last year’s Australia’s Got Talent Justice Crew pumped up the crowd with their mind-blowing hip-hop routines and free-styling moves.

Hailing from Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand, the seven dancers’ old-school approach couldn’t have been a better match for a Jackson concert.

The boys’ energy, precision and strength added to a packed night of quality entertainment.

But it was, of course, the American musical icon that everyone had been waiting to see and curiosity filled the air as to if and when she would acknowledge the King of Pop ghost in the room.

While her crowd interaction was minimal, from the moment the curtain was raised Jackson dedicated the night to “the beautiful people of Perth”.

In under two hours, she mashed-up fan favourites including What Have You Done For Me Lately, When I Think Of You, Let’s Wait A While and All For You.

While some of her choreography mimicked Michael Jackson’s signature moves, it wasn’t until the second last song, Scream, which was the collaboration track between Janet and Michael Jackson, when Janet turned to honour her brother.

Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 before his final This Is It tour, which was scheduled to come to Australia.

Bringing the entire audience to their feet, Janet Jackson encored with a moving homage to Michael, singing her best-known hit Together Again.

Photos of them together were displayed on a big stage screen as Janet Jackson held her hands towards the sky, singing: “I dream about us together again, when I want us together again, I know we’ll be together again”.

Jackson sent a kiss heavenward and bowed out, leaving the beautiful people of Perth singing: “I dream about us together again…”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/perth-confidential/janet-jackson-kicks-off-australian-tour-in-perth/story-e6frg30l-1226170695457

there were only 2,000 people so I think it was a sell-out but ewww at the size and damn front row was $600 :ph34r:

Janet done bumped her head if she think I'm payin $600. :mellow: For $600 I better see Penny, Patti, Denise, Justice, Janhova, and Barbra better be making a special appearance. :mellow:

The Pop Megastar Kicks Off Her Shows Down Under

Hands up if you’re ‘So Excited’ to see Janet Jackson perform live in Oz?

Well if you were lucky enough to bag tickets to her Aussie gigs – get ready to see the pop icon deliver a mega-mix of her most favourite hits along with her famously slick dance moves ‘All For You!’

Kicking off her intimate shows at Perth’s Burswood Theatre this week, the Grammy Award winner thrilled diehard fans as she proved she’s definitely still got it!

As well as plenty of high energy routines, the legendry songstress performed a duet with her late brother Michael to his track ‘Scream,’ which saw his vocals and pictures played out on the big screen.

According to the Herald Sun, the 45-year-old also paid a touching tribute to the King of pop as she closed her set to the chart-topping single ’Together Again,’ before telling the sold-out crowd,

"Thank you for your love and support over the years, not just for me but my entire family."

http://www.mtv.com.au/news/ff615aa1-janet-jackson-australia-tour-kicks-off-mtv-classic/

A BIG DAY TO … RAISE YOUR VOICE

AT THE first of her nine scheduled shows in Australia, the youngest of the Jackson clan gave Perth a show of her greatest hits over time, called Number Ones: Up Close and Personal, with nostalgic film clips and photo galleries thrown in between the song medleys, Sarah Whyte reports. Janet Jackson punctuated her energetic routines with an occasional "yeah!" and "that's right", and offered as the show's centrepiece four ballads, unaccompanied by dancers, and sung into a hand-held microphone. The much anticipated show was a hit: fans cried, screamed and jived to the pop queen as she strutted the stage in a black T-shirt and jeans, surrounded by a bevy of androgynous-looking dancers. Jackson will play in Sydney on November 5-6 and 8 at the Opera House.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/molar-memento-20111019-1m86k.html#ixzz1bJNUXRVv

Janet done bumped her head if she think I'm payin $600. :mellow: For $600 I better see Penny, Patti, Denise, Justice, Janhova, and Barbra better be making a special appearance. :mellow:

I SWEAR I heard Janet's voice and that guy's voice in my head while I read this :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm not sure if anyone has realized, but notice how these Aussie critics are referring to Janet as a "pop icon", "music royalty", etc? This just proves that Janet's impact and influence is global, not local, like people try to make it seem.

Not only aussie...the arabic media..the german medial hell even the british..,Janet is a global icon..and the world appreciates her she just never showed other parts enough attention so her presence seemed non existence outside..but it has always been there all she needed/needs to do is Tour around the globe which so far so good i guess

That grapejuice prints a story about the Australian tour:

Nights ago, members of Janet Jackson’s Australian fan base were treated to a showing of her ‘Number Ones: Up Close And Personal Tour‘, which to date has stopped by at Hong Kong and London to name just a few.

Now watch the heartfelt way Ms. ‘Miss You Much‘ pays tribute to her brother Michaelduring a performance of ‘Together Again’ in Perth, below…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4lJSo_GYvs&feature=player_embedded

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/10/watch-janet-jackson-remembers-michael-perth/

Archived