The Beyhive Is Apparently Steam Pressed Over Janet's Return

SonofBaldwin

Bu, plz stay out of this. You always come off as a bandwagon hopper for the opposing side. Youre much more likeable when youre juss...Bu. Diplomatic and neutral -_-

Pot kettle black. How am I on the opposing side? Did you not read my first post in here :lmao:. I'm just wondering why him defending her is an issue? It's not like he dragged Janet for her. 

tumblr_njvprqSlwS1s64jz1o3_400_zpsuaubst

Doesn't bother me. I just know that Austin is bandwagon stanning, and he knows that I know too. lol 

8BgSeGg.gif

He may not but she does :shifty:.

Oop, he is? I wanna know the details

tumblr_njvprqSlwS1s64jz1o3_400_zpsuaubst

They do have a point about the record label though don't they?

I thought those records labels were partnered with a major record label.  

I also think the "first" thing has something to do with the artist and songwriters having more control over their music.... 

none of those artists owned their own record company, they had label deals through their major company. How in hell could mariah own a label when she continues to sign regular deals with major labels? far as people like ashanti, who cares about what she does in her basement.

• Upvote 5

none of those artists owned their own record company, they had label deals through their major company. How in hell could mariah own a label when she continues to sign regular deals with major labels? far as people like ashanti, who cares about what she does in her basement.

Oop.

Even Madonna's label Maverick that doesn't exist anymore was owned by Warner Bros. Music.  So this comment is indeed true and very much about one of the movements Janet is trying to bring about as far as signing new artists or established artists who want more autonomy over their musical careers both financially and creatively.  

If you haven't seen the documentary called "Artifact" by Thirty Seconds to Mars it explains exactly what artists have to go through when dealing with record labels.  They not only own you but bankrupt you.  The documentary shows the bands relentless fight with their record label at the time Virgin/EMI as they were writing songs for their new album "This Is War" and the struggles and pressures the band had to face over questions of art, money and integrity. It's a great watch and a lot of high profile musicians are featured in it.  Right now is the time for a lot of musicians even actors to be free agents and create their own destinies.  

You have actors who make millions of dollars complaining about not having any good roles....well you know what, hire a writer or write your own script and try remembering what made you an actor/artist/musician to begin with.  Artists want to communicate the most personal issues to them, some want to shock and open our eyes to subjects we are afraid to talk about to, let alone think that their music label will be behind them and nurture their projects.  Some artists just want to have fun and give you a good time but to what extent?  

Music labels and corporations should not be making these decisions for any artist.  There is so much to gain by going on your own and this is not only a struggle for artists but a struggle for all of us. I wish Janet the very best as there will be some tough times to defend your art whatever direction you decide to take in but I do know there is revolution going on with artists who I think are looking for a safe haven to create and Janet's ability to create her own record label is amazing and so timely. 

I'm so excited about it all but of course mostly excited to see Janet again and see where this creative freedom takes her.  It's a new era but most importantly an unknown era that might take time to define itself.  All we have to do is support Janet's efforts and enjoy the music!  I"m beyond thrilled. 

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute!! Hold up!! Let's get one thing straight.

No.1: I am tdroberson74 and I posted those on Twitter.

No.2: How did I get those pics? My niece...She's a member over there :&. She screencapped those and sent those to me bcuz she thought they were funny. :umm:

But, LMAO @ #ConversationsInASlayfe for getting somebody banned! That's gonna keep me laughing for weeks. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: