The Best Slow Jam/Power Ballad To Hit No. 1 In The '00s?

TwistedElegance™

The Best Slow Jam/Power Ballad To Hit No. 1 In The '00s?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• 'Bleeding Love' - Leona Lewis
    • 'Dilemma' - Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland
    • 'Fallin'' - Alicia Keys
    • 'Foolish' - Ashanti
    • 'Let Me Love You' - Mario
    • 'So Sick' - Ne-Yo
    • 'Take a Bow' - Rihanna
    • 'U Got It Bad' - Usher
    • 'We Belong Together' - Mariah Carey
    • 'You're Beautiful' - James Blunt

I wanna say 'Fallin'', but Lord knows I can't stomach that song anymore since radio (and every talent show on TV) has killed the magic for me. I think I'll go with Mariah, that song is just too big to deny.

Same. :lol:

It's funny everybody's pointing out how slim the pickings are for the '00s. When I came up with this poll idea I thought I would really struggle narrowing the list down to only ten choices, boy was I wrong. :umm::lol:

I think I had it in my head that more ballads made it to No. 1 than actually did (Christina's 'Beautiful', MJB's 'Be Without You' etc.). Oh well, chalk another one up for the '90s. -_-

It's funny everybody's pointing out how slim the pickings are for the '00s. When I came up with this poll idea I thought I would really struggle narrowing the list down to only ten choices, boy was I wrong. :umm::lol:

I think I had it in my head that more ballads made it to No. 1 than actually did (Christina's 'Beautiful', MJB's 'Be Without You' etc.). Oh well, chalk another one up for the '90s. -_-

Ahhh, so this is only #1 slow jams/ballads? I see.

I was just about to say "WHAT ABOUT BE WITHOUT YOU?!" :lol: To me, that song gets no love for some reason, I truly feel it's one of the top 10, top 5 songs of the decade.

"Beautiful" is excellent too, as well as "The Voice Within" (both by C-Agui).

From the choices on your list, this is TOUGH! I'd say it's definitely between "Fallin", "Bleeding Love" & "We Belong Together"...I'm gonna have to ponder this one for a while, lol.

Ahhh, so this is only #1 slow jams/ballads? I see.

I was just about to say "WHAT ABOUT BE WITHOUT YOU?!" :lol: To me, that song gets no love for some reason, I truly feel it's one of the top 10, top 5 songs of the decade.

"Beautiful" is excellent too, as well as "The Voice Within" (both by C-Agui).

From the choices on your list, this is TOUGH! I'd say it's definitely between "Fallin", "Bleeding Love" & "We Belong Together"...I'm gonna have to ponder this one for a while, lol.

Yeah, they're only Hot 100 #1s.

'Be Without You' is exquisite. It might even be my all-time fave MJB song. :wub:

It's funny you brought up Jesse McCartney in your other thread, did you know he co-wrote 'Bleeding Love'?

Fallin.

There was nothing on radio like it at the time. And it introduced the world to who would become one of the biggest artist of the decade. WBT would be a close second since it basically reinvented MC. However, as nice as it was, it was still very generic. it wasn't even the best ballad on TEOM.

Fallin.

There was nothing on radio like it at the time. And it introduced the world to who would become one of the biggest artist of the decade. WBT would be a close second since it basically reinvented MC. However, as nice as it was, it was still very generic. it wasn't even the best ballad on TEOM.

Yep, I voted for Fallin' for the same reason. It was so separate from everything else that was popular at the time, I think it really made people take notice.

I was also tempted to vote for Bleeding Love, which I adore, but it didn't have the same kind of impact as Fallin'.

Archived