What Would You Do If You Won Tonigh'ts Powerball?

Bailey

First off, I would put on a disguise ~ I don't want the whole world knowing what I look like, perhaps a bear mascot lol

One selfish thing I'd do is buy nice little house in Colorado (not even a mansion, I'm saving $ for my family and travels), and install my own private recording studio so I can record in peace without bothering anyone lol

1. Move to another country at the end of this semester then enroll in college and pay off tuition for the next semester and the next 3 years in cash(saving some for med school)

Then...

2. Buy a home(maybe a car, too but I love the one I have so I might keep it)

3. After all this then tell the people I trust and buy some gifts for them

4. Split the rest into 3 parts: One part to save, one part to invest and the last part to charity(possibly create one)

I'd love to travel, too. Fit that in somewhere.

Why in the world would you invest? You would have about 250 million.. There is no way in hell you could spend that much.. Even if you give away 100 million to family and friends there is no way you could spend that much...

150 million would go to family, friends and some charities.. As far as family and friends .... they would be required to pay off their debt first, look for a house and car (That would be paid by me) and then I would give them 1 to 2 million depending on their family size.. All my little cousins would have a trust for college... Of course my mother would be taken care of first.. ... That leaves me with around 100 million to do what I want and travel the world..

Why in the world would you invest? You would have about 250 million.. There is no way in hell you could spend that much.. Even if you give away 100 million to family and friends there is no way you could spend that much...

I actually didn't know how much it was, I just commented :asham: But investing is really something I'd do with any large sum of money. Not entirely to keep for myself and family/friends but really to give away to others with various charities and building schools, etc. There's much I want to do especially if I come into a ton of money.

At work today, that's all folks wanted...so I made sure I got 2 quick picks and some of the other lottery games as well.

If I do win, I intend on quitting my job, returning to school, pay off my credit card, pay money owed to my physical therapy, pay all debt that my mother and sister have, get a new Honda Civic, and go on a month long vacation twice each year. I'd put 15% into my savings and donate to some charities and local organizations.

At work today, that's all folks wanted...so I made sure I got 2 quick picks and some of the other lottery games as well.

If I do win, I intend on quitting my job, returning to school, pay off my credit card, pay money owed to my physical therapy, pay all debt that my mother and sister have, get a new Honda Civic, and go on a month long vacation twice each year. I'd put 15% into my savings and donate to some charities and local organizations.

It's 250 million not 1 million.. lol Give them 10 million each and buy yourself a BMW.. lol

It's 250 million not 1 million.. lol Give them 10 million each and buy yourself a BMW.. lol

I really don't want a BMW, I've always wanted a Honda Civic. I'd also get land in Miami Beach, San Francisco, Honolulu, Puerto Rico, Brazil, London, Toronto, India, Singapore, and New York City to live on and rent housing.

• Upvote 1

read the paper, watch the news, read Yahoo, etc. you're sheltered Joe lol

I never play the lottery either so....I was just reading up on the states that require you to come forth and announce publicly you won. I wondered why they would force people to come forth, well it's the biggest lottery commercial, a press conference showing real winners, makes people believe it's not rigged and that people do win so more people play. Not all states require this.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-22/lottery-winners-anonymous-mega-millions/54441676/1

the winners are being revealed, an African American man serving in the Armed Forces was recorded on a store camera confirming his numbers with several customers while jumping up and down then running out the store, the identity of the man has not been made officially, BUT several customers in the store at the time including a worker confirm the man did in fact have all the winning numbers despite his disbelief. The other winner is a factory worker whose family had fallen on bad times, his wife was looking for work and had a job interview scheduled but had it cancelled after the win.