The Official Alicia Keys Thread

TwistedElegance™

Alicia on new album:

“With this album, I find I have much more I want to talk about. This album is more about the concept, the thought I’m trying to get across, where in the past it’s been more about the melody. This time it’s more about what we’re going through as human beings. We all experience similar things. I find that the world puts us in these boxes where we’re only allowed to be one way — like, ‘to succeed as a career woman, you need to do it this way,’ or ‘to be a gay man, you have to be this way.’ First of all, we’re so much more complex than that. It’s about breaking down those boundaries. The songs concentrate on concepts like that. As human beings, we like to identify with something, and as for me, I love people with a strong point of view.” 

Full interview: http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/people/alicia-keys-puts-her-mark-on-fragrance-world-7746864?module=hp-hero-topstories

Slated release - Early 2015

• Upvote 2

Teenage Love Affair has grown on me in the last year, I think it was perfect for the third single. She doesn't have many uptempos in her catalog and it was a nice refreshing pace from No One and LYNSMA. I like the remix.

Lesson Learned would have been a good choice for the 4th single. Superwoman doesn't move me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering maybe 
Could I make you my baby 
If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy 
If you ask me I'm ready 

How in the fuckin hell wasn't that song a top 10 on the hot 100? Easily 1 of her best eras with the absolute most wrong song from the album kicking it off and doomed the rest :sigh: (wait Put it in a love song is much worst than Doesn't Mean Anything, so yea she could've kicked the era off worst I guess)

AND I didn't know that was Drake doing the male harmony vocals................that explains so much.. :wub:

• Upvote 1

I was wondering maybe 

Could I make you my baby 

If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy 

If you ask me I'm ready 

How in the fuckin hell wasn't that song a top 10 on the hot 100? Easily 1 of her best eras with the absolute most wrong song from the album kicking it off and doomed the rest :sigh:

AND I didn't know that was Drake doing the male harmony vocals................that explains so much.. :wub:

Here's a remix with him rapping a verse.. This is the one I listen it and discovered recently

I love it

http://youtu.be/IKBTc78Y2l0

• Upvote 1