Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Justin works so well with a full band...I cannot believe I've never seen him live!

"Little Pusher Lover Girl" reminds me of "Do Me, Baby" by Prince..."Bad Girl" also reminds me of something from his 1999, Controversy, and Dirty Mind albums.

Most of it is cause of the debate of Justin not being so great and then people trying to come for Janet to defend Miss Timberlake

Janet and Justin don't even belong in the same sentence. And if I said it once I've said it a million...stop comparing 46 year Janet to these artist. Make it fair...compare 32 year old Janet to 32 year old Justin. He has to try to remain relevant at 46. She's already there

• Upvote 2

Janet and Justin don't even belong in the same sentence. And if I said it once I've said it a million...stop comparing 46 year Janet to these artist. Make it fair...compare 32 year old Janet to 32 year old Justin. He has to try to remain relevant at 46. She's already there

I think it started because someone said how Justin needs Timbaland to be successful and then they came for Janet saying she needs Jam and Lewis. Also it was said that we don't like Justin cause of what he did to Janet and that's the only reason we don't like him but that ain't true
  • Upvote 1

That's Joejoe's thread breakdown

No one compared the two... They both succeeded bc they have/had a solid production team... though some Janet fans think that Janet can sing JTs overrated songs :umm:

MJ was mentioned but forgotten

I think it started because someone said how Justin needs Timbaland to be successful and then they came for Janet saying she needs Jam and Lewis. Also it was said that we don't like Justin cause of what he did to Janet and that's the only reason we don't like him but that ain't true

Janet did need Jimmy & Terry :umm: Black Cat would not be around without T:J's influence on her life

That's not the ONLY reason.. We also discovered that JT haters don't like him bc he's white doing R&B.. But the Superbowl triumphs all other reasons

Janet did need Jimmy & Terry :umm: Black Cat would not be around without T:J's influence on her life

That's not the ONLY reason.. We also discovered that JT haters don't like him bc he's white doing R&B.. But the Superbowl triumphs all other reasons

Um Janet wrote and composed music before Black Cat and before she even did her 1st album, did ya read True You? She talked all about it. Saying Janet couldnt've done anything without their influence is wrong, they're the biggest producer team but not the only 1's, her doing that successful song by her self shows what she can do (and tho it was the most successful it's not the only 1).

I don't recall anyone saying they don't like him because he's white and doing R&B......if I recall everyone who's had that claim against them went down a list of white R&B artist they support, and theres like 2 people out of the bunch here that don't like him because of the SB. Basically everyones said there reasons but it's like those 2 are what you choose (want) to here.

• Upvote 1

Um Janet wrote and composed music before Black Cat and before she even did her 1st album, did ya read True You? She talked all about it. Saying Janet couldnt've done anything without their influence is wrong, they're the biggest producer team but not the only 1's, her doing that successful song by her self shows what she can do (and tho it was the most successful it's not the only 1).

I don't recall anyone saying they don't like him because he's white and doing R&B......if I recall everyone who's had that claim against them went down a list of white R&B artist they support, and theres like 2 people out of the bunch here that don't like him because of the SB. Basically everyones said there reasons but it's like those 2 are what you choose (want) to here.

one song... it woulda flopped without the presence of CONTROL & RN1814.. as in if Janet would have released it in 1985... it would go down as shit

:umm: It doesn't have to be said..

Here's all the reasons you people dislike Justin:

1) White boy R&B singer who really sings pop but releases R&B knock out songs that the flopping R&B singers can't seem to do

2) Using Timbo to garner hits despite them being a team much like Jimmy/Terry & Janet for her entire popular career... (Kinda contradicts the hate for him)

3) The best SB of all time

4) You're Britney fans lol idk

one song... it woulda flopped without the presence of CONTROL & RN1814.. as in if Janet would have released it in 1985... it would go down as shit

:umm: It doesn't have to be said..

Here's all the reasons you people dislike Justin:

1) White boy R&B singer who really sings pop but releases R&B knock out songs that the flopping R&B singers can't seem to do

2) Using Timbo to garner hits despite them being a team much like Jimmy/Terry & Janet for her entire popular career... (Kinda contradicts the hate for him)

3) The best SB of all time

4) You're Britney fans lol idk

Right it doesn't have to be said because it's wrong :), and again implies basically "Janet aint/wouldn't be shit without Jimmy & Terry", but she would, because the women knows music and could've been successful with any producers she wanted or clearly if she were her own (as she's shown she's equipped to do). Jimmy & Terry arent and werent her ONLY options for success, she was young smart & talented if not for them itd more than likely still would've happend

1. I have no problem with him being white, I do have a problem with him being corny with R&B music, and releasing crap, and is telling people it's chocolate. Him being lame to me has nothing to do with color.

2. Not the same and no contradiction at all............she had hit's without them, done. He hasn't had a single...single (or hit) without either his producers or guest stars....same can't be said for Janet.

3. That just added to the reasons not to like him but I don't think it's enough for me anyway to stick to him...it got old fast, he already gives you pleanty of other things not to like him for.....

4. .................not me, she has good songs every once in a while and tho I like her more than him, not a "fan" really.

His race does play a factor so please stop acting like we're so out of touch :rolleyes: It's the same formula the industry has been using for years. They find out what black people like then they get white people to do it so that it can make more money. First there was Chuck Berry then here comes Elvis Presley. From The Jackson 5 comes The Osmonds. New Edition brought us New Kids on The Block, Michael & Janet brought us Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake... White people hated rap music.. then Eminem does it and gets an Oscar. "You Got Served" opened the door for "Step Up". Funny thing is there actually was a black hockey league before the NHL. We built this country bitch :coffee: Now move along Adele, you not about this life.

And it's not even so much that Justin "steals" from black people. It's the fact that he's turned against every black artist he sites as an inspiration (Michael, Janet, Prince). In a few years don't be surprised when he starts trying to take credit for Timbaland and Pharell's work :rolleyes:

Meanwhile:

Robin Thicke, Amy Whinehouse , Teena Marie >>>

• Upvote 7

Robin Thicke, Amy Whinehouse , Teena Marie >>>

YOU GET SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many +1's for that.

JUSTIN WHEW when any of them are mentioned among R&B fans.Robin isn't even irrelevant in the R&B world, the man got a R&B hit on his last album, he's only irrelevant to the pop world, but it's because he's not going for pop, never has.

• Upvote 2