Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Um...yea I've heard Bruno get compared to a ton of people but only to MJ with Treasure, so yea Ima guess thats UK media, and I've never heard of Robin being compared to Prince & Marvin (for the most part, Smokey too), and he has cited MJ as a influence, but Justin & Usher get & deserve more scrutiny for copying MJ because it's a habit that they've done from the beginning, just like constant copyers will always get the scrutiny compared to a artist (ala Bruno) who does it very rarely.

If nobody called Usher on MJ copying (which tho I think he's more talented & orignal than Justin he does still do too much of just like the Flake), bias would definitely be there.

You haven't heard Robin comparisons bc no one knows who he is

You haven't heard Robin comparisons bc no one knows who he is

That doesn't make any sense because how would I have heard of his comparisons to Prince & Marvin?...........come correct.

And you mean no one "knew"....tehehehe, he's so everywhere now, LOVES IT ;)

We'll see how his album flops before you say all that ;)

#1 song in the country for 5 weeks, and on point promo & appearances everywhere, starting to look like "IF" his album will flop, and even if he does oh well, he's a mostly R&B artist who had a worldwide hit, it's still huge, and bragging points for his fans.

His album will flop.. I can name a lot of artists with hit singles and still flop :coffee:

Yeah brag over a hit single all you want :coffee:

Yes that a Pre-Game prediction

We'll see, still 1 of the biggest songs of the year...so he still wins :yahoo:

Cant remember anyone with a worldwide #1 hit song for over 5 weeks....and then their album tanked, hey maybe he'll be the 1st but I can't recall that happening...maybe he'll be the 1st.

We'll see, still 1 of the biggest songs of the year...so he still wins :yahoo:

Cant remember anyone with a worldwide #1 hit song for over 5 weeks....and then their album tanked, hey maybe he'll be the 1st but I can't recall that happening...maybe he'll be the 1st.

Call Me Maybe

#1 song in multiple countries yet flopped with 226k in the US

I would continue but no... Let's not be delusional.. First Robin doesn't have a fan base.. Second... I given you two artists, one new.. Pop.. One hip hop.. Who had a #1 hit in several countries yet flopped.. Bc they have no fan base

Logic people... He's not an established artist and thanks to TI and Pharell, he and his few fans can celebrate his small success in 2013

Btw #1 singles doesn't always equal a successful album.. JT hasn't had a #1 song with his smash album yet is and will hold the top selling artist of this year.. Jay-Z cheated and Drake.. Well where is he

I would continue but no... Let's not be delusional.. First Robin doesn't have a fan base.. Second... I given you two artists, one new.. Pop.. One hip hop.. Who had a #1 hit in several countries yet flopped.. Bc they have no fan base

Logic people... He's not an established artist and thanks to TI and Pharell, he and his few fans can celebrate his small success in 2013

Btw #1 singles doesn't always equal a successful album.. JT hasn't had a #1 song with his smash album yet is and will hold the top selling artist of this year.. Jay-Z cheated and Drake.. Well where is he

Thanks for answering, but you keep saying "thanks to T.I."...I keep resonding to this question you always seem to avoid, what has T.I.'s fans done for his music recently on the pop charts to make that credible?....... cause last I checked this was his 1st #1 since Live Your Life...... And this isn't the 1st time Robin's had a major rap artist on his debut single (Lil Wayne), so noo, again T.I. has next to nothing to do with this songs massive world wide success. And lastly, Robin has what Flo & the Call Me Maybe chick don't, already iconic & contraversial video to go with the song....thats already being copoied by lessors and being parodied.

LOFL @ small success....#1 5 weeks in a row...don't really seem to be an easy feat, some artist cant even get #1 period with a following....

Sure doesn't but it makes for a memorable era.....,

TI sold more records and has a fan base

JT has the best selling albums, will have a top selling tour, and hit singles.. It will be memorable.. Especially since it's after his 7 year hiatus

Let's see Robin take a 7 year hiatus :lmao:

Still not answering the question?...... I don't recall saying T.I didn't sell more records, I recall myself asking, when's the last time his fans were responsible for a hit single since he's so much to credit according to you :)

Not really, albums & tour sure, but Im not hearing his shit in other peoples cars or on the radio or enough to have them grow on me or get sick of them, top 10's are nice too tho...., you know Robin went 10 years of his career without 1.... ;)

Yup, Justin has more fans and just like his talent matched little brother Bieber, his fans will get whatever album he releases a hit it looks like, Robin will just keep making better & more original music...I'll take it.

and thanks to NSYNC and Janet that Justin has a successful solo career :)
  • Upvote 1

Still not answering the question?...... I don't recall saying T.I didn't sell more records, I recall myself asking, when's the last time his fans were responsible for a hit single since he's so much to credit according to you :)

Not really, albums & tour sure, but Im not hearing his shit in other peoples cars or on the radio or enough to have them grow on me or get sick of them, top 10's are nice too tho...., you know Robin went 10 years of his career without 1.... ;)

Yup, Justin has more fans and just like his talent matched little brother Bieber, his fans will get whatever album he releases a hit it looks like, Robin will just keep making better & more original music...I'll take it.

I answers your question... Bc he sold more albums.. He has a strong base.. It's not my fault his hits didn't cross over

Yeah.. Unless you went to everyone's car in America or took a national poll.. You're wrong.. Mirrors and Suits & Tie did a suitable job (pun intended).. Not surprised Robin went ten years without a hit..

JT is more talented than Beaver.. Didn't know Beaver could act... Or write.. Baby Baby Baby.. Nice try.. But JT lyrics >>> Justin beaver's... Gone kills all of JB's songs.. Better and better.. Is that a Pre-Game Prediction?

So his 2nd single... Better do better than his first or you fall

Oh wait they're on the third single.. Featuring Kendrick Lamar :coffee:

Yes... Thanks to the Jackson 5 & Janet... MJ is a legend..

Thanks to the Supremes Diana is a legend

Thanks to Destiny's Child Beyonce is... Beyonce

You're not saying much Joe

and you're not saying much when you say thanks to T.I. and Pharell when it comes to Mr. Thicke having the longest running no.1 single by a male in 2013. If it's no.1 for 3 more weeks it'll be tied for the longest no.1 of 2013 :)
  • Upvote 1

I answers your question... Bc he sold more albums.. He has a strong base.. It's not my fault his hits didn't cross over

Yeah.. Unless you went to everyone's car in America or took a national poll.. You're wrong.. Mirrors and Suits & Tie did a suitable job (pun intended).. Not surprised Robin went ten years without a hit..

JT is more talented than Beaver.. Didn't know Beaver could act... Or write.. Baby Baby Baby.. Nice try.. But JT lyrics >>> Justin beaver's... Gone kills all of JB's songs.. Better and better.. Is that a Pre-Game Prediction?

So his 2nd single... Better do better than his first or you fall

Oh wait they're on the third single.. Featuring Kendrick Lamar :coffee:

No you didn't, you jumped around it and made it about album sales when my question was about singles, but if it were about albums, his last 1 also flopped, so again, how does him being apart of the song (not even significantly) pull the weight of the song being a hit when it hasn't done the same for his own career in years?

Yea I'm not surprised either, he purpusely took the underground route to work his way up, when he didn't have to. And yea they did decent....even impressive compared to some artists, but they arent all over the place, thats a fact. And they didn't even have to be #1 for that to happen (On The Floor)

LOFL Yet vocally & performance wise they're on the same page which is what I am saying, nice try bringing up the acting tho (Justin's true talent). And yea I didn't know Bieber wrote too...till I wikipedia'd his credits, unless he's Beyonce'ing his credits, he has em like Justin.

Aw don't ya see, when your fandom is based on artistry and not the numbers, as long as the music is good, you already win, any & all success added to it just makes it that much better. Where's your constant downplaying of the songs success and appeal is a bit of a fail, it's not that it's #1, it's that its moving into iconic, the video already has.

Funny thing is he hasnt confirmed any 2nd or 3rd single or promoted any, it's all been speculation, he's just been releasing songs it looks like, I'll wait till he actually confirms a 2nd single with a video or at the very least...a performance...or a tweet atleast...

and you're not saying much when you say thanks to T.I. and Pharell when it comes to Mr. Thicke having the longest running no.1 single by a male in 2013. If it's no.1 for 3 more weeks it'll be tied for the longest no.1 of 2013 :)

A feature isn't the same thing as career... Unless you're Ashanti so fail

Longest running single mid year in 2013.. Yeah.. Eminem is coming soon... And doing it for one year doesn't make you the shit when your album will flop and you opening shows for hit artists

A feature isn't the same thing as career... Unless you're Ashanti so fail

Longest running single mid year in 2013.. Yeah.. Eminem is coming soon... And doing it for one year doesn't make you the shit when your album will flop and you opening shows for hit artists

Nope what I said ain't a fail its true and it's a fact so deal. IDGAF about Eminem. Never liked him and never will. I never said Robin was the shit but when you don't like an artist you try to downplay whatever success they have no matter how small or big it is.

Nope what I said ain't a fail its true and it's a fact so deal. IDGAF about Eminem. Never liked him and never will. I never said Robin was the shit but when you don't like an artist you try to downplay whatever success they have no matter how small or big it is.

You just compared MJ and his brother's group to a featured song with two popular artists (see Miguel with MC)

Your opinion doesn't matter.. :coffee:

Yeah? like you're doing it with JT or like how I do it with a lessor/non-factor like Robin

You just compared MJ and his brother's group to a featured song with two popular artists (see Miguel with MC)

Your opinion doesn't matter.. :coffee:

Yeah? like you're doing it with JT or like how I do it with a lessor/non-factor like Robin

Lies!!! LMAO you're the one who compared MJ and his brother's group. Actually I never even mentioned MJ or his brothers. You did Game. I think you need some sleep cause not your making up stuff :umm: