Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

One song :umm: and neither of those people you named are selling. Neither can get platinum status.. I guess they're doing it wrong :coffee: Miguel can't go gold.. I'm not here for flops boo

They don't have the same backing as JT..

to date, selling 1.52 million copies Pulling a Mariah I see..

• Upvote 2

They don't have the same backing as JT..

to date, selling 1.52 million copies Pulling a Mariah I see..

Riiight..bc they don't have a niche... Or they really suck

I said "CERTIFIED"... Not "sold".. sooo no lies been told.. By summer it'll hit 2 million but it shipped two million or another 500k to stores.. You wouldn't know what that means since Miguel can't seem to sell that much during his... Phases :coffee:

I said "CERTIFIED"... Not "sold".. sooo no lies been told.. By summer it'll hit 2 million but it shipped two million or another 500k to stores.. You wouldn't know what that means since Miguel can't seem to sell that much during his... Phases :coffee:

All of this talk about sales still doesn't explain why JT isn't played in clubs.....

Yada yada, flop this and flop that. I still wanna know why clubs ain't playing him, but Miguel is. Thanks in advanced

• Upvote 1

You would have pointed that out with any other artist.. Come on now Game... lol
  • Upvote 1

You would have pointed that out with any other artist.. Come on now Game... lol

It's a music business thing... I'm sorry your buddy Miguel can't sell that much to be certified anything..

plus it's not like JT won't sell 2 million... He's just certified as of April... By June.. He'll cross it

I'm confused as to who's buying the album. Haven't heard a single thing about the album since the week of its release. I haven't heard any of the songs in the club, and I haven't heard them on the radio much.

Although from what I hear he has a strong grip on the 30-40 year old crowd.

Just goes to show you that radio and club play isn't a huge factor in album sales anymore.

How many recent #1 dance hits are from successful albums?

• Upvote 1

Just goes to show you that radio and club play isn't a huge factor in album sales anymore.

I think it's still relevant for a new artists on the scene, but not for someone who is already established like he is. Certain folks will always sale albums off name alone.

Radio is.. Like Effrem said... Established artists that are actually already popular doesn't need clubs to sell music.. Few people can sell without em

Effrem would you rather have the sales or club play? Lmfao... I mean come on now

I mean of course sales :asham: , but it always feels good and more relevant when you know you can walk into any club, business, train, or elevator and hear your music.

Sales aren't forever, but impact is. I still hear Escapade and Miss You Much every time I walk into iParty or the grocery store. Some artists who "sold lots of records" or had that one big hit won't be able to say the same.

In 100 years people will still be playing Thriller come every October 31st, sales or no sales.

• Upvote 1

But it would be silly to even point something like that out,like u just did...when everybody get certifications for albums that haven't exactly scanned the certified number. Thats not a Mariah thing...thats the music biz.

I only said it because Game would normally point that out with any other artist.

But "impact" is not limited at club play tho. It's far more than about getting spins at a club. JT's catalog is not heavy with club bangers anyway. Some artists music is not "club friendly" ... Outside of "Rock Your Body" , "Like I Love You", and "Sexyback" ..he doesn't have club bangers but I don't think that takes anything away from.his relevance or status obviously becuz he's still selling.

Some of the most memerable records in music history didn't have you shaking yo ass on the dance floor.

I mean of course sales :asham: , but it always feels good and more relevant when you know you can walk into any club, business, train, or elevator and hear your music.

Sales aren't forever, but impact is. I still hear Escapade and Miss You Much every time I walk into iParty or the grocery store. Some artists who "sold lots of records" or had that one big hit won't be able to say the same.

In 100 years people will still be playing Thriller come every October 31st, sales or no sales.

Any artist can get club spins.. Hell LaToya Jackson has a few top ten club hits but that doesn't make her the Queen of Pop... Sales are forever.. Thriller wouldn't be played a 100 years from now if he sold 500k

• Upvote 1

I only said it because Game would normally point that out with any other artist.

But within reason, I think..

Say if someone scanned 1.1 but tryna get certified for double plat. ..then he would comment..but if you r just 500k shy of the certification.. that's still kinda attainable ...I think it depends who u r and ur status..

yes it is lol. Janet's last 3 albums definitely would've been more successful if she had radio support