Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

not first single worthy if you ask me.. but JT doesn't release his best first (unlike most artist)

I agree.. all of those people you named have put forth a following. Men following MJ, Black women following Janet, White women no vocals - Madonna, Powerhouse vocalists - Whitney (kind of)... Justin is just being Justin imo.. This doesn't sound like a rehash MJ joint.. MJ didn't write most of his 80s songs (excluding BAD). So they could have been given to anyone

I think JT's new song has an 80s vibe to it and because he's so talented, like MJ was in the 90s and before, people want to compare

You cant say that and then EXCLUDE Bad when Bad makes up half of his 80s catalog. You're not giving him much leg room. The man only put out two studio albums in the 80s :asham: So basically all you're saying without all the extra talk is he only did 4 out of 10 on Thiller which aint bad considering it was the hits and he did pretty much ALL of Bad. So in actuality he wrote MOST of his 80s songs. :umm:

You cant say that and then EXCLUDE Bad when Bad makes up half of his 80s catalog. You're not giving him much leg room. The man only put out two studio albums in the 80s :asham: So basically all you're saying without all the extra talk is he only did 4 out of 10 on Thiller which aint bad considering it was the hits and he did pretty much ALL of Bad. So in actuality he wrote MOST of his 80s songs. :umm:

1979 is close enough :lmao:

sit down... JT ain't for you

Look Ive been to JT's show, bought every album he put out except this last one, I mean paid for, and I have enjoyed quite a bit of his music, so let me set the record str8 all Im saying is the same thing so many here have already said, he came back to music after years and years off, and we expected more than recycled songs, thats it, I've listened to the song and I like it, is it overwhelmingly great? Hell no, does that mean he's not for me? NO, he just needs to be more original and come harder to be called the king of anything

I mean Bruno and others these people like copy MJ too but no one says shit then :lol:

Lol yes :lol:!! Justin is like the male Beyonce around here where hypocrisy creeps into arguments.

We're comparing Bruno copying 1 video (tha wasn't even just MJ inspired it was also Earth Wind & Fire & Prince inspired) to a repeat offender?....thats a bad comparison, you should bring up someone who's copied MJ tons of times and who we havent called on it....and we've pretty much called everyone on it who is a repeat offender like the Flake.

We're comparing Bruno copying 1 video (tha wasn't even just MJ inspired it was also Earth Wind & Fire & Prince inspired) to a repeat offender?....thats a bad comparison, you should bring up someone who's copied MJ tons of times and who we havent called on it....and we've pretty much called everyone on it who is a repeat offender like the Flake.

Bruno's style has always been "compared to" in terms of influence/inspiration MJ by the media and fans. That 1 video was just the icing on the cake. Then you have Robin, Usher. Like Illi said - all these male singers do it.

Really???? I didnt know ppl compare him to Mike ...I always seen James Brown and Elvis :umm: ..I dont see Mike AT ALL ..and im not here for isolated performances/videos that might resemble Mike here or there.

Maybe it's UK media :unsure:. I know they've compared him to Elvis with this first album and compared him to MJ for this 2nd one.

Bruno's style has always been "compared to" in terms of influence/inspiration MJ by the media and fans. That 1 video was just the icing on the cake. Then you have Robin, Usher. Like Illi said - all these male singers do it.

Maybe it's UK media :unsure:. I know they've compared him to Elvis with this first album and compared him to MJ for this 2nd one.

Um...yea I've heard Bruno get compared to a ton of people but only to MJ with Treasure, so yea Ima guess thats UK media, and I've never heard of Robin being compared to Prince & Marvin (for the most part, Smokey too), and he has cited MJ as a influence, but Justin & Usher get & deserve more scrutiny for copying MJ because it's a habit that they've done from the beginning, just like constant copyers will always get the scrutiny compared to a artist (ala Bruno) who does it very rarely.

If nobody called Usher on MJ copying (which tho I think he's more talented & orignal than Justin he does still do too much of just like the Flake), bias would definitely be there.

Look Ive been to JT's show, bought every album he put out except this last one, I mean paid for, and I have enjoyed quite a bit of his music, so let me set the record str8 all Im saying is the same thing so many here have already said, he came back to music after years and years off, and we expected more than recycled songs, thats it, I've listened to the song and I like it, is it overwhelmingly great? Hell no, does that mean he's not for me? NO, he just needs to be more original and come harder to be called the king of anything

Key Phrase: except for the last one.

He doesn't need your blessing to be king.. Like MJ. JT just needs the sales, critic reviews, and tours :coffee: check, check, and double check