Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Lies!!! LMAO you're the one who compared MJ and his brother's group. Actually I never even mentioned MJ or his brothers. You did Game. I think you need some sleep cause not your making up stuff :umm:

You said NYsnc made JT

that's the EXACT same thing as saying the Jackson 5 made MJ... FALSE.. Both groups had 5 members and only ONE member each have succeed

Then why didn't Nsync make JC Chasez happen, Joe?

you have to have "something" in order to make it solo..idgaf what no one says. We've seen other solo acts try to step outside of their group and NOTHING happened with their careers.Lets get it together before we speak.

you have to have "something" in order to make it solo..idgaf what no one says. We've seen other solo acts try to step outside of their group and NOTHING happened with their careers.Lets get it together before we speak.

Like Kelly Rowland

No you didn't, you jumped around it and made it about album sales when my question was about singles, but if it were about albums, his last 1 also flopped, so again, how does him being apart of the song (not even significantly) pull the weight of the song being a hit when it hasn't done the same for his own career in years?

Yea I'm not surprised either, he purpusely took the underground route to work his way up, when he didn't have to. And yea they did decent....even impressive compared to some artists, but they arent all over the place, thats a fact. And they didn't even have to be #1 for that to happen (On The Floor)

LOFL Yet vocally & performance wise they're on the same page which is what I am saying, nice try bringing up the acting tho (Justin's true talent). And yea I didn't know Bieber wrote too...till I wikipedia'd his credits, unless he's Beyonce'ing his credits, he has em like Justin.

Aw don't ya see, when your fandom is based on artistry and not the numbers, as long as the music is good, you already win, any & all success added to it just makes it that much better. Where's your constant downplaying of the songs success and appeal is a bit of a fail, it's not that it's #1, it's that its moving into iconic, the video already has.

Funny thing is he hasnt confirmed any 2nd or 3rd single or promoted any, it's all been speculation, he's just been releasing songs it looks like, I'll wait till he actually confirms a 2nd single with a video or at the very least...a performance...or a tweet atleast...

I don't know what you're not getting... TI has had a huge following in the past... He has a pretty solid fan base... Robin does not...

Don't care what you're talking about

Vocally they're literally not on the same page... and performance-wise? How's Robin Thicke's performances? What does he do on a stage? Has he ever been on a stage that wasn't in a HS gym or Bar? Justin's true talent is singing... not acting.. he's not the best actor.. but one of the best male vocalists since 1998 with N'SYNC..

"good" music.. that subjective.. and since the critics don't bother with Robin.. you can't prove he has "good" music... :)

Really? It's also the pre-order track when bought on iTunes

http://jonalisblog.c...ingle-premiere/

Check out the premiere of Robin Thicke‘s new song “Take It Easy On Me“! The track serves as the second official single off his upcoming sixth studio album Blurred Lines, which is scheduled for release on July 30. Produced by Timbaland,Take It Easy On Me” is a hot dance-pop jam that sees Robin trade in his signature soulful sound for a catchy and gritty electronic number. Reminiscent of the more experimental tracks on 2009′s Sex Therapy, Robin‘s smooth vocals work wonders over the busy production and not once does he ever sound contrived. Longtime fans may not approve but with lead single “Blurred Lines” still holding strong at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for a fifth week, “Take It Easy On Me” should have no problems garnering the same attention.

:lmao: Yes Robin.. you better USE Justin's producers

I don't know what you're not getting... TI has had a huge following in the past... He has a pretty solid fan base... Robin does not...

Don't care what you're talking about

Vocally they're literally not on the same page... and performance-wise? How's Robin Thicke's performances? What does he do on a stage? Has he ever been on a stage that wasn't in a HS gym or Bar? Justin's true talent is singing... not acting.. he's not the best actor.. but one of the best male vocalists since 1998 with N'SYNC..

"good" music.. that subjective.. and since the critics don't bother with Robin.. you can't prove he has "good" music... :)

Really? It's also the pre-order track when bought on iTunes

http://jonalisblog.c...ingle-premiere/

:lmao: Yes Robin.. you better USE Justin's producers

Yet you're implying it's because of him the songs a massive hit, what I'm saying and your not disproving is if that was the fact he wouldn't be flopping so much with his solo stuff & his other features. That if he truly carried this song he's not even on until close to the end , than he'd have a lot more #1's & top 10's recently.

Nah, I disagree, they both go whiny for falsetto (instead of real falsetto, same as Lloyd, Trey, & Chris, only difference is their both white and their names are Justin), and have limited vocal range. You forget Im a N'Sync fan (1st 2 albums anyway) and I've hated Justin's voice from Tearin up my heart...too whiny. And I don't know what Robin's performing has to do with this, but he's never marketed himself as a dancer.....like others not so great at it do.Well yea he is a God awful dramatic actor, but comedy is his calling, his true talent. BAHAHAHA :lmao: Ok now seriously that was a good joke, but back to reality....where you need range & or power behind your voice to be considered a great vocalists...

Sure I can, the fact that the bulk of his reviews were majority positive from critics & audiences alike, speaks volumes.

Yea but did he announce it himself in any way or confirm it himself in any way?

Just like Justin better use Robin's singing style (attemp to anyway), image, and copy the most iconic video of 2013. And I know you might get the idea that Tim is only Justin's producer because the flakes not innovative enough to experiment with anyone else, but surprisingly Tim's not confined to 1 artist...the the way Justin is to 1 producer :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Yet you're implying it's because of him the songs a massive hit, what I'm saying and your not disproving is if that was the fact he wouldn't be flopping so much with his solo stuff & his other features. That if he truly carried this song he's not even on until close to the end , than he'd have a lot more #1's & top 10's recently.

Nah, I disagree, they both go whiny for falsetto (instead of real falsetto, same as Lloyd, Trey, & Chris, only difference is their both white and their names are Justin), and have limited vocal range. You forget Im a N'Sync fan (1st 2 albums anyway) and I've hated Justin's voice from Tearin up my heart...too whiny. And I don't know what Robin's performing has to do with this, but he's never marketed himself as a dancer.....like others not so great at it do.Well yea he is a God awful dramatic actor, but comedy is his calling, his true talent. BAHAHAHA :lmao: Ok now seriously that was a good joke, but back to reality....where you need range & or power behind your voice to be considered a great vocalists...

Sure I can, the fact that the bulk of his reviews were majority positive from critics & audiences alike, speaks volumes.

Yea but did he announce it himself in any way or confirm it himself in any way?

Just like Justin better use Robin's singing style (attemp to anyway), image, and copy the most iconic video of 2013. And I know you might get the idea that Tim is only Justin's producer because the flakes not innovative enough to experiment with anyone else, but surprisingly Tim's not confined to 1 artist...the the way Justin is to 1 producer :coffee:

The song wouldn't be as popular without him.. that's all I'm saying

Justin is known for is falsetto.. and is one of the best in the business that does it... don't believe me.. Google it

http://madamenoire.com/282256/shoo-be-doo-be-doo-ahhhh-male-singers-with-the-best-falsetto-game/5/

You fail on so many stages coming for Justin's vocals.. :lmao: Type in Best Falsetto Singers and Justin is mention in every one... NIce try though.. You're opinion doesn't matter when everyone else is saying the opposite..

But on average he got a Low C score for Critic reviews.. and since neither you nor I can poll the amount of people who purchased his albums (which are very little)... You aren't really saying anything that's not subjective or biased.

It's on iTunes.. as his 2nd single.. when you pre-order his new album... you get the 2nd single.. much like JT did for Mirrors... and many others do... I don't think Robin has to say it for it to be a single..

Using his singing style? Did you forget that both have similar influences.. yet only one can succeed and be an A-lister... Justin has more than one producer but he prefers his best friend Timbo.. nothing wrong with that.. Janet did that for 5 eras in a row... If it ain't broke

but Robin knows who Timbo is and who he's associated with yet still works with him.. collecting JT's hand-me-downs :lmao:

• Upvote 1

The song wouldn't be as popular without him.. that's all I'm saying

Justin is known for is falsetto.. and is one of the best in the business that does it... don't believe me.. Google it

http://madamenoire.c...alsetto-game/5/

You fail on so many stages coming for Justin's vocals.. :lmao: Type in Best Falsetto Singers and Justin is mention in every one... NIce try though.. You're opinion doesn't matter when everyone else is saying the opposite..

But on average he got a Low C score for Critic reviews.. and since neither you nor I can poll the amount of people who purchased his albums (which are very little)... You aren't really saying anything that's not subjective or biased.

It's on iTunes.. as his 2nd single.. when you pre-order his new album... you get the 2nd single.. much like JT did for Mirrors... and many others do... I don't think Robin has to say it for it to be a single..

Using his singing style? Did you forget that both have similar influences.. yet only one can succeed and be an A-lister... Justin has more than one producer but he prefers his best friend Timbo.. nothing wrong with that.. Janet did that for 5 eras in a row... If it ain't broke

but Robin knows who Timbo is and who he's associated with yet still works with him.. collecting JT's hand-me-downs :lmao:

I know thats what your saying, but it's wrong, he's not on enough of it and he doesn't have a history of making his features hits.

LOFL @ his falsetto being 1 of the best in the business, yea if you don't know much about falsetto's than sure, I guess whiny does it for alot of people seeing as how the google results werent from any professional critics more so just blogs, in reality Justin's range is in fact limited and weak,if you're a stan you'll disagree ofcourse...it's your job to :coffee: It'd be great for you if it was more than a few meaningless blogs saying that. Nice try tho, but all you proved is he has alot of stans and they don't know mucha bout music ;)

Nope, again, your little math means nothing because you completely left out other credible sources, and if you look at his average albums reviews it's majority very well recieved, much to your dismay.

Might not have to say it, but has to promote it in SOME way...like he ususally does with his singles, so I'm waiting for that

You keep trying to go here, they both have similar influences, but only 1 of them (Robin) has his own individual sound & style with his songs, (Like with Whitney & Luther & Mariah and Luther you can tell the influences in the singing style but their own style shows too). And you forget only 1 of them wanted to be a A-lister, if Robin wanted to be, with who his dad is, he could've gotten it started before anyone even knew what a Timberflake was, but no, artisitic integrity meant more...(God I love that). Nah more like Justin's afraid of flopping so he does everything under Tims thumb to prevent that from happening ;). And nope, Janet worked with other producers for nearly every JJ&TL album, and did something completely different each time (again with trying to make Janet seem as desperate & predictable as Justin).

LOFL don't you mean "MJ's" left overs? Like Chaka said, you can't copy a carbon copy.... :coffee: But Justin still is lovin Robin.....bet he's a bigger fan than I am lol. :yep:

• Upvote 1

I know thats what your saying, but it's wrong, he's not on enough of it and he doesn't have a history of making his features hits.

LOFL @ his falsetto being 1 of the best in the business, yea if you don't know much about falsetto's than sure, I guess whiny does it for alot of people seeing as how the google results werent from any professional critics more so just blogs, in reality Justin's range is in fact limited and weak,if you're a stan you'll disagree ofcourse...it's your job to :coffee: It'd be great for you if it was more than a few meaningless blogs saying that. Nice try tho, but all you proved is he has alot of stans and they don't know mucha bout music ;)

Nope, again, your little math means nothing because you completely left out other credible sources, and if you look at his average albums reviews it's majority very well recieved, much to your dismay.

Might not have to say it, but has to promote it in SOME way...like he ususally does with his singles, so I'm waiting for that

You keep trying to go here, they both have similar influences, but only 1 of them (Robin) has his own individual sound & style with his songs, (Like with Whitney & Luther & Mariah and Luther you can tell the influences in the singing style but their own style shows too). And you forget only 1 of them wanted to be a A-lister, if Robin wanted to be, with who his dad is, he could've gotten it started before anyone even knew what a Timberflake was, but no, artisitic integrity meant more...(God I love that). Nah more like Justin's afraid of flopping so he does everything under Tims thumb to prevent that from happening ;). And nope, Janet worked with other producers for nearly every JJ&TL album, and did something completely different each time (again with trying to make Janet seem as desperate & predictable as Justin).

LOFL don't you mean "MJ's" left overs? Like Chaka said, you can't copy a carbon copy.... :coffee: But Justin still is lovin Robin.....bet he's a bigger fan than I am lol. :yep:

:lmao: every website about falsetto vocals states JT in their list.. but not Robin Thicke :lmao:

http://www.divadevot...Timberlake.html

JT hits 3 Octaves like Byran McKnight, Stevie Wonder, Anita Baker, and many more artists:

http://www.divadevot...label/3 octaves

You #fail :lmao:

:lmao: fail at you comparing Whitney & Luther to Robin Thicke's "style" or lack thereof... Meanwhile websites don't make that comparison.. Just you. FAIL... http://www.last.fm/music/Robin+Thicke

Afraid of Flopping? You can't prove that just because he just works with Timbo as if Timbo has hit after hit... bc he doesn't.. he's hit or miss like many producers

Yeah? Bc I see Janet used the same producer on all her top albums... :umm: and singles aside from one... adding Rene doesn't count during her TVR album

We discussed the whole MJ thing... no 1 currs

:lmao: every website about falsetto vocals states JT in their list.. but not Robin Thicke :lmao:

http://www.divadevot...Timberlake.html

JT hits 3 Octaves like Byran McKnight, Stevie Wonder, Anita Baker, and many more artists:

http://www.divadevot...label/3 octaves

You #fail :lmao:

:lmao: fail at you comparing Whitney & Luther to Robin Thicke's "style" or lack thereof... Meanwhile websites don't make that comparison.. Just you. FAIL... http://www.last.fm/music/Robin+Thicke

Afraid of Flopping? You can't prove that just because he just works with Timbo as if Timbo has hit after hit... bc he doesn't.. he's hit or miss like many producers

Yeah? Bc I see Janet used the same producer on all her top albums... :umm: and singles aside from one... adding Rene doesn't count during her TVR album

We discussed the whole MJ thing... no 1 currs

Yea and alot of people who praise singers whistle notes leave out Chante Moore & Lisa Fischer, does that mean they don't have some of the best whistle notes because they arent as popular as other artist who are more popular? Please again, how about a credible site that's not..."Diva Devotee" THAT TITLE ALONE IS A AUTOMATIC FAIL, come with something like MTV, Billboard, I mean the fact that you clearly had to dig for someone's opinion on a blog I'd bet you didn't even know existed before today about someone who's not a professionals opinion who's more than likely another stan, the fail is yours sir. Come correct.

LOFL if thats 3 octaves...DAMN....thats 3 whiny annoying octaves lol. But hey, apparently Trey Songz has a ton of octaves too that are whiny & weak so Justin's not the only 1 lol.

Again, because he doesn't have independent blogs as stans does not mean

Wrong, Janet also worked with other producers on every single post Control album. And even with what she did do with mostly JJ&TL, she still took chances and was innovative in her sound. Oh and like we've discussed before lets see how Justin does without Tim or any rapper....Janet's had hit's without JJ &TL, Michael's had hits without Quincy....Justin couldn't make it lol.

Idk who those two are.. Probably because there are millions of singers but only a few that can actually garner attention of the majority of people.. There's the dollar bin DVD and there's The Dark Knight.. Both moves.. One's better than the other

Stevie Wonder.. Bryan Knight... Anita Baker.. Legends.. JT.. 3 octaves.. Enough said..

Really? Name one from a single.. Excluding Black Cat and TPP which aren't enough to out her in legendary status

Idk who those two are.. Probably because there are millions of singers but only a few that can actually garner attention of the majority of people.. There's the dollar bin DVD and there's The Dark Knight.. Both moves.. One's better than the other

Stevie Wonder.. Bryan Knight... Anita Baker.. Legends.. JT.. 3 octaves.. Enough said..

Really? Name one from a single.. Excluding Black Cat and TPP which aren't enough to out her in legendary status

LOFL that examples a fail, don't come to me with movie shit, just like music (and in this case Justin vs Robin) just because 1 is more popular, does not make it better than the 1 with substance and originality. That's like...a Twilight movie doing better than Cloud Atlas....thats perfect for Justin & Robin I'd say. 1's a cheap rehash that people for some reason flocked to see, and the other was deep, well written, and I guess you could say didn't quite have a audience except for the people who could appreciate such greatness.

Oh that is just plain disgusting to put such weak vocals up with those powerhouses, that sir is a shame, but hey I guess he has range, but no power sadly (Robin & the others you listed have both....soooo...yea)

BAHAHAHA you see you've already failed by the "Excluding" because you already admitted they exist, you already answered the question for me, nice try with that "out her legendary status" but not falling for it, I said she made hits that they weren't producers on and you proved me right, I didn't say they were her most successful songs I said , successful. Hey you gave your all, you dug, you tried but in the end...

JasmineIwontheargumentboo-vi.gif

Looks play a big part. Justin looks better than JC and was always the pretty boy of the group but we all know JC would sing Justin under the fuckin' table so let's not Dayz :rolleyes: Same as Beyonce with DC...she's prettier than the rest of the girls although I still prefer Kelly.

Like Kelly Rowland

At least Kelly has hits and has sold at least 3 million plus albums which is more than JC. Y'all need to stop acting like don't nobody know who Kelly is. She may not sell albums too well but people still know who she is. Chris Brown can't sell albums worth a damn either but I don't see y'all sayin' nothing about that and people still know who he is.
  • Upvote 1

At least Kelly has hits and has sold at least 3 million plus albums which is more than JC. Y'all need to stop acting like don't nobody know who Kelly is. She may not sell albums too well but people still know who she is. Chris Brown can't sell albums worth a damn either but I don't see y'all sayin' nothing about that and people still know who he is.

To be fair, people do say something about that :lol:

• Upvote 1

It is definitely more than looks. Although I thought Jc Should have been the other one from the group to actually do things solo. His debut album was very underrated imo. He could have been big. Not as big as Justin because everything fell in line for solo career to pop off. I mean he picked the right production, right genre and he was part of pop royalty dating Britney at the time. Then the publicized breakup.

• Upvote 1

And tbqh, JC can sing better than Justin.

JC's solo album was all of the place, but it wasn't that bad. Say what you want, but Justin knew how to play the game to get to where he is. He was the cutest guy out of the group though. But hooking up with Britney elevated his star power. And the rest is history.

• Upvote 1

Looks play a big part. Justin looks better than JC and was always the pretty boy of the group but we all know JC would sing Justin under the fuckin' table so let's not Dayz :rolleyes: Same as Beyonce with DC...she's prettier than the rest of the girls although I still prefer Kelly.

i disagree. JC always was more appealing than Justin,physically. Hell even the hefty one, Joey..I think his name is.. was more attractive than Justin.

As a fan of JC (the only member of the group that mattered to me), why he flopped and it won't happen for him is he's boring. He's a better singer & dancer than Justin (Justin even said so himself) BUT, during Nsync's height, Justin was in the news every week for being with Britney, than that whole virginity thing, than people saying they broke up but they didn't then they REALLY broke up and that news was everywhere, then he teamed up with the neptunes & Tim for hit's.....Meanwhile JC was out of the spotlight for the most part, like he dated Eva Longoria but her name next to Britney....in the early 2000's? Please. And his album didn't have the help of hot producers, like Dallas Austin did some songs I think, but he wasn't exactly a hot name at that time either.

And as far as the looks we're not talking preference (I'd rather JC too), Justin was the youngest of the group and it showed, for the little 6-16 year olds he was perfection, they don't want know man lookin like a man, they want twinks, and thats what Justin was up until like 5 yrs ago. It's undenyable look at him in there early years compared to the other group members, with the maybe acception of Lance, they all looked like college kids but Justin looked like a high schooler. Thats the 1 the girls wanted, not the grownups...well most of them anyway

i disagree. JC always was more appealing than Justin,physically. Hell even the hefty one, Joey..I think his name is.. was more attractive than Justin.

WHAT? NO one could think Joey Fatone looked better than Justin that's just crazy talk. Come on now. Not that he was a grrrranimal or nothing but yeah...
  • Upvote 1

WHAT? NO one could think Joey Fatone looked better than Justin that's just crazy talk. Come on now. Not that he was a grrrranimal or nothing but yeah...

He in not a bad looking guy to me. People seem to always wanna discredit the attractive ppl that may be a lil on the bigger or heavier side. Justin wasn't that attratcive to me at all back then..and that bleached blonde hair didn't help..JT isn't a "knock-out" now but much better and refined lookin than back then.

But I certainly always felt...

looks,dancing, and singing

JC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Justin

but I do think JT's a talented artist and has something "special" about him that JC just doesn't have. JT just naturally shines more as a solo act ...and JC doesn't. Some ppl just shine in different areas. And its no shade towards either but Its boils down to just the luck-of-the-draw, really.

He in not a bad looking guy to me. People seem to always wanna discredit the attractive ppl that may be a lil on the bigger or heavier side. Justin wasn't that attratcive to me at all back then..and that bleached blonde hair didn't help..JT isn't a "knock-out" now but much better and refined lookin than back then.

But I certainly always felt...

looks,dancing, and singing

JC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Justin

but I do think JT's a talented artist and has something "special" about him that JC just doesn't have. JT just naturally shines more as a solo act ...and JC doesn't. Some ppl just shine in different areas. And its no shade towards either but Its boils down to just the luck-of-the-draw, really.

Oh nah I wasn't referring to his weight at all. And like I said I don't think he was an ugly guy just real REGULAR.