Best TLC album?

Unbreakable.

Crazysexycool is my fave.

Some songs on fanmail are really good - but there's a lot of filler. I think that over all 3D is a better album. It doesn't have the outstanding songs like no scrubs, but over all it has more 'good' songs than fanmail. Kind of like AFY and DJ.

Their first one is nice but CrazySexyCool has my favourite singles and overall solid.

Fanmail - I could never really get into it though I love all of the singles.

I loved 3D - like Paul said it didn't have any outstanding songs but it was more consistent throughout and less filler imo.

lmfao. I was in HS when RLS came out..everyone loved that song..Ugh..it feels weird that you're just getting into them BX.

I've explored many different types music over the past year. From Frank Sinatra to Tina Turner. I used to put my self in a box where I thought all I could like was my favorites but those days are long gone.

j6J0Zqd4PHYtQ.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tboz has the rougher sounding voice - eg the verses in red light special, chilli has the softer more normal sounding voice - she sings the bridge and with tboz on the chorus. Lisa doesn't sing.

Well Lisa doesn't have any singing solo's but she sang in the harmony on all of the 1st album, and on various songs throughout the other 3 (not the majority tho), but yea during 1 of her web interviews, T said Lisa did alot of those harmony's with them, and that they did record songs for the 1st album where all 3 sang solo's (which makes sense since on 1 of the songs on the 1st album all 3 of them rapped solo's) but yea they were created to be the type of group where all 3 were originally supposed to sing & rap (tho Lisa being THE rapper & Chili being THE singer) T was good at both, but yea she said the group was originally supposed to incorperate more rap in general, but she said that because they had so much more success in pop & R&B with that 1st album, the label toned the rap part down more and went more towards pop & R&B.

Yeah, all their albums are amazing! On The TLC Tip is a fun and unique debut, CSC was one of the first CDs I ever owned - one of the best hip-hop soul albums (if not the best), FanMail is a great conceptual album which was actually inspired by the Velvet Rope (FanMail - Empty, Good At Being Bad - What About), and 3D has a lot of good moments too

• Upvote 2

Yeah, all their albums are amazing! On The TLC Tip is a fun and unique debut, CSC was one of the first CDs I ever owned - one of the best hip-hop soul albums (if not the best), FanMail is a great conceptual album which was actually inspired by the Velvet Rope (FanMail - Empty, Good At Being Bad - What About), and 3D has a lot of good moments too

All truth!

I was such a fan of the group that it's hard to say anything they did wasn't good, and comparing their debut to other albums isn't fair to them because the music was dated to what was current at the time OHhhh on the TLC tip was hot for that moment, the female BBD group. Probably my fav is somewhere between CrazySexyCool and Fanmail