Industry Friend Of Christina Aguilera Posts Open Letter To Her

TwistedElegance™

All she needs to do is focus on good quality songs which show off her vocal talents and ditch the gimmicks - bring it back to the actual basics. The slutty sultry sex kitten doesn't work - other girls do it better. Her voice is what sets her apart and is what made people choose her over britney back in the day.

• Upvote 1

OK Im even with you with alot of this, but she does have performances on "Best perfromances" lists, she can dance her ass off and even not with a routine she can work a stage as a performer, always could.

that's not her specialty... her headline is "vocals"... Anything outside of that isn't what the people want... if she dances, she's automatically compared to Britney or legends like Janet... and overshadowed.... if she acts... well not many check for it...

like Paul said... focus on the vocals... not the gimmicks

She was a good performer during B2B and she did great in Burlesque.

She show'd OUT during both.

OK, I'll agree with not focusing on the dancing (hell I've even said a while back she should try having her 1st single be a ballad, like it's what people want from her more than dance music), and save the routines for the tours and show out....if it's a must. But it really must be noted that she can actually DANCE and sang like she does, and not sound anything other than a lil shaky when she's giving her all. Thats something that definitely sets her apart from her peers.

I'll give yall that. I'm out of likes.

tumblrmf6206rp5g1rnex64.gif

At this point..yeah..just focus on the vocals..I know Xtina doesn't wanna limit herself to just vocals..but at this point..ok..

You know what, I think thats her main thing, she's always been a I can do anything chick, and to an extent she succeeded in showing that she really can (she sangs better than her peers, she's a better dancer than alot of them, she can write good songs, produce good songs, perform, and her acting isnt horrible or even bad, just not special) but yea....she gotta serve her specialty dish and not worry about the sides.

She show'd OUT during both.

OK, I'll agree with not focusing on the dancing (hell I've even said a while back she should try having her 1st single be a ballad, like it's what people want from her more than dance music), and save the routines for the tours and show out....if it's a must. But it really must be noted that she can actually DANCE and sang like she does, and not sound anything other than a lil shaky when she's giving her all. Thats something that definitely sets her apart from her peers.

too bad thats not her strong point... she's not the best performer... dancer of her peers but she has the strongest vocals... She needs to use that without sounding like Mariah or Celion

you are acting as if she's a dancing Goddess... she can dance... but Britney is better in an unbiased opinion...

You know what, I think thats her main thing, she's always been a I can do anything chick, and to an extent she succeeded in showing that she really can (she sangs better than her peers, she's a better dancer than alot of them, she can write good songs, produce good songs, perform, and her acting isnt horrible or even bad, just not special) but yea....she gotta serve her specialty dish and not worry about the sides.

1zyyph0vi.gif

I'll still support her no matter what. She has songs that speak directly to me a la "Hurt", "You Lost Me", "Blank Page"..

too bad thats not her strong point... she's not the best performer... dancer of her peers but she has the strongest vocals... She needs to use that without sounding like Mariah or Celion

you are acting as if she's a dancing Goddess... she can dance... but Britney is better in an unbiased opinion...

I'm really not, Britney USED to be better...pre 2007 sure did, but that MTV video awards changed everything about her and dancing/performing (when she's on stage she seems so confused now), wheres since then Christina moved every inch of her body perfectly in Burlesque. Im not saying she's the best, Im just not saying she's mediocre at it (which I would consider strictly head, & waist movements and minimal leg moves). But yes pre-cray cray Britney mops the floor with the generation on the dance stage.

But hey we're on the same page, cause yea, you got it, she can dance, but she shouldn't focus on it or make it a priority

1zyyph0vi.gif

I'll still support her no matter what. She has songs that speak directly to me a la "Hurt", "You Lost Me", "Blank Page"..

Iloveitwhenyouseethingsmyway_zps44ded59b.gif

YES @ every word, shit look at ma history here, you know I'll support a hasbeen or a flop if I feel it or them. And YES, I'll always more than likely still love alot of her stuff cause it's just her voice and how she does a song any type, any speed, any genre, ANY LANGUAGE (HER SPANISH SHIT SLAYS, bitch releases 1 spanish album and she's ranked best spanish female vocalists of all time, GTFO, says enough LOL.) theres just something there

...............Im bopping to Casa De Mi Padre right now............I LOVE that song sooooo much lol

• Upvote 1

I'm really not, Britney USED to be better...post 2007, that MTV video awards changed everything about her and dancing/performing (when she's on stage she seems so confused now), wheres since then Christina moved every inch of her body perfectly in Burlesque. Im not saying she's the best, Im just not saying she's mediocre at it (which I would consider strictly head, & waist movements and minimal leg moves). But yes pre-cray cray Britney mops the floor with the generation on the dance stage.

But hey we're on the same page, cause yea, you got it, she can dance, but she shouldn't focus on it or make it a priority

That was a movie :umm: a movie that wasn't a blockbuster.. A movie no one remembers and no one will talk about in the next decade.. Move on J..

Britney may have lost it.. But she had it.. MC and Whitney lost their talents.. But they had it at some point.. Xtina never had dance at some point

Correct! Give me a Xtina ballad any day.. Sing For Me >>>>

That was a movie :umm: a movie that wasn't a blockbuster.. A movie no one remembers and no one will talk about in the next decade.. Move on J..

Britney may have lost it.. But she had it.. MC and Whitney lost their talents.. But they had it at some point.. Xtina never had dance at some point

Correct! Give me a Xtina ballad any day.. Sing For Me >>>>

..........the comment wasn't in support of the actual movie....it was in support of her dancing...in the movie which we've all acknowleged on here she slayed. Move on Norm...thats not what the comment was about, don't spin it there.

Fuckitletsbefriendsandgetdown_zpsd682dde2.gif

Im ready for a signature ballad to replace Beautiful. I love that song, it's her signature song, it's special, it served a huge purpuse lyrically & video wise but......she can do better. I LIVE for sing for me. I think Sing for me or Blank Page would've done great as singles, neither sound like anything thats out

Iloveitwhenyouseethingsmyway_zps44ded59b.gif

YES @ every word, shit look at ma history here, you know I'll support a hasbeen or a flop if I feel it or them. And YES, I'll always more than likely still love alot of her stuff cause it's just her voice and how she does a song any type, any speed, any genre, ANY LANGUAGE (HER SPANISH SHIT SLAYS, bitch releases 1 spanish album and she's ranked best spanish female vocalists of all time, GTFO, says enough LOL.) theres just something there

...............Im bopping to Casa De Mi Padre right now............I LOVE that song sooooo much lol

YAS! It's only because I know what she's capable of..that voice.. :wub:

HELLLLYABrandy_zps71fc32a0.gif

And she can have less success than her peers in terms of numbers, but that voice is still there, and that range is still there. As far as we see & know she's the only women in pop music to have a range thats at least in the same arena as Mariah's, and has a power in her voice in the same arena as Whitney. People act like they don't know or like it doesn't matter, it does, it really does make her stand out, like it made other vocal powerhouses stand out in their time.

It doesn't matter though, because you have Mariah and you have Whitney, and Christina's voice could never top them. Her discography is not memorable. She has little to no cultural impact except for maybe being the precursor to Ke$ha in terms of style. That's why as much potential as she had to be great, her unfulfillment of that is not upsetting anyone. People are ambivalent to her.

It doesn't matter though, because you have Mariah and you have Whitney, and Christina's voice could never top them. Her discography is not memorable. She has little to no cultural impact except for maybe being the precursor to Ke$ha in terms of style. That's why as much potential as she had to be great, her unfulfillment of that is not upsetting anyone. People are ambivalent to her.

MariahHereWeGoAgain_zpsce88a331.gif Couldn't have a Christina topic where everyone was virtually on the same page....

Um...she doesn't have to be them, she's the voice of her generation, no disputing. She has a signature song and a signature album, along with multiple hit albums and hit singles, and between 50-80million albums sold, and is praised by her peers, and lessors, Im not seeing how her discography isn't memorable. Thanks for sharing your opinion tho....but the fact that her stuff from her 1st album is still on the radio says everything about how memorable her songs are (she does get a ton of radio play out here in LA...I LOVES IT!)

MariahHereWeGoAgain_zpsce88a331.gif Couldn't have a Christina topic where everyone was virtually on the same page....

Um...she doesn't have to be them, she's the voice of her generation, no disputing. She has a signature song and a signature album, along with multiple hit albums and hit singles, and between 50-80million albums sold, and is praised by her peers, and lessors, Im not seeing how her discography isn't memorable. Thanks for sharing your opinion tho....but the fact that her stuff from her 1st album is still on the radio says everything about how memorable her songs are (she does get a ton of radio play out here in LA...I LOVES IT!)

She's a non factor :coffee:

..........the comment wasn't in support of the actual movie....it was in support of her dancing...in the movie which we've all acknowleged on here she slayed. Move on Norm...thats not what the comment was about, don't spin it there.

Im ready for a signature ballad to replace Beautiful. I love that song, it's her signature song, it's special, it served a huge purpuse lyrically & video wise but......she can do better. I LIVE for sing for me. I think Sing for me or Blank Page would've done great as singles, neither sound like anything thats out

No comment on the movie.. She better call Linda Perry

Her label should have released a ballad first instead of trying to turn her into some pop artist