Janet Jackson THRILLS TRL Audience

SloLove

The good ol days -_- That outfit was a mess though :umm:

And i can't at TAT getting all that praise and not being release as a single :sigh: AFY had at least 2 more hits in it :umm:

VIrgin fucked Janet over in terms of the potential of AFY... they did the same on VR, not releasing "What About" even though Janet pushed for it, and it the performance of it at the VH1 fashion awards went over REALLY well in terms of press at the time.

Trust a Try and Come on Get Up ......SHOULD HAVE BEEN SINGLES ....NO QUESTION

At that time I think with Virgin, they knew they had sold whatever projections they would, 3 million plus, so from a business perspective I think Virgin pulled the plug basically saying we invested in a project, and we got that back and more, no need to invest more. Sad, Janet had more number 1's coming, and I truly believe "Come on Get Up" would have been a number 1 hit......"Trust a Try" would have brought attention from a lot of folks that just love that sound, I remember talking to Janet fans at the time and the first thing I would hear, was "Oh my God ..."Trust a Try"! ...I think she should have made a rock album along those lines

• Upvote 1

she was so skinny...and she had her 106 & park interview right after

I got to see her front row thanks to Miss Janet fanclub and her Detroit show was early in the tour, she still had the shorter hair with highlights, OMG she was so fit and smoking hot

"Trust a Try" would have brought attention from a lot of folks that just love that sound, I remember talking to Janet fans at the time and the first thing I would hear, was "Oh my God ..."Trust a Try"! ...I think she should have made a rock album along those lines

I just wanted to see a 'Trust A Try' video. I know it would have been just as spectacular and dramatic as the song. Janet is already such a visionary artist, I can only imagine what kind of concept/treatment she would have come up with.
  • Upvote 1

I just wanted to see a 'Trust A Try' video. I know it would have been just as spectacular and dramatic as the song. Janet is already such a visionary artist, I can only imagine what kind of concept/treatment she would have come up with.

GURL:!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY READ THAT IN BOLD......you and us all boo :wub:

Trust a Try and Come on Get Up ......SHOULD HAVE BEEN SINGLES ....NO QUESTION

At that time I think with Virgin, they knew they had sold whatever projections they would, 3 million plus, so from a business perspective I think Virgin pulled the plug basically saying we invested in a project, and we got that back and more, no need to invest more. Sad, Janet had more number 1's coming, and I truly believe "Come on Get Up" would have been a number 1 hit......"Trust a Try" would have brought attention from a lot of folks that just love that sound, I remember talking to Janet fans at the time and the first thing I would hear, was "Oh my God ..."Trust a Try"! ...I think she should have made a rock album along those lines

And "You Ain't Right" ....IDC.... IDC... It should've gotten a video! -_- lol

And that A4U body was not the shit... Muscles and abs ain't appealing on women..imo

Her body for the Janet album was the BEST ..her body was lean, more "womanly" and feminine looking

Ummm idk that AFY tour body was SICK! I think the best body was the Damita Jo Era

• Upvote 3

Ummm idk that AFY tour body was SICK! I think the best body was the Damita Jo Era

Yeah I agree. The Damita Jo era. Her body was perfect. She was just the right thickness and still had a six pack. Looked healthy and gorgeous as fuck

And that A4U body was not the shit... Muscles and abs ain't appealing on women..imo

Her body for the Janet album was the BEST ..her body was lean, more "womanly" and feminine looking

I agree..

Her "body" type with janet. was my favorite, then follows with Damita Jo, then Rhythm Nation... I personally think her AFY body was a bit too muscular for my tasting, and this TRL interveiw shows that to me. Her body towards end of Velvet Rope era wasn't even this muscular.....And I will tike Control and beginning of Velvet Rope over AFY bod...