The Official Toni Braxton Thread.

jarrylf

Agree with very word. I love every single song but the Babyface solo I kinda skip every now and again :lol:.

I think Where Did We Go Wrong is an A+ though - that song is PERFECT.

With Reunited I was so tempted to sing Peaches & Herbs :lmao:

Yea I can honestly say I love all the songs, it's a REALLY solid album, and I was expecting it but not to love it THIS much. Yea Toni aced both of her solo songs, ESPECIALLY I Wish. I think it's maybe because I listened to Where Did We Go Wrong too much lol I might have to take a break from it lol. AND YES @REUNITED I THOUGHT IT WAS A REMAKE TOO!!! :lmao:

Game - base your opinion on the music and not how it will sell -_-

I never base my opinion of the music off of album sales..

I also never base my opinion of the music after listening to it more than 3x each track

LOL Now this I can't wait to see, I have no predictions for how Game will like it lol.

:shifty:

Roller Coaster - Nice, soothing R&B jam... This song reminds me of Janet's Rollercoaster.. but a lot better.. This song is funky... The chorus is catchy.. Verses is kinda boring though - 4/5

Sweat - Not the best song on the album.. I would skip this track - 2/5

Hurt You - Vocally haunting... Love it... Very radio friendly... the instrumentals is modern without being young... The song sounds like classic Babyface and classic Toni song.. 4.5/5

Where Did We Go Wrong - Filler... Doesn't really pull me in... Vocally, Toni is amazing.. but lyrically.. this song is weak - 3/5

I Hope That You're Okay - Babyface track - I love Babyface.. I can relate to this song. Catchy... I would love a verse with Toni on this song - 4/5

I Wish - Toni track - Almost had me.. lost me at "i hope she gives you a disease... not enough to make to die... but make you cry like you did to me" :umm: then she goes to on to praying? The vocals are amazing but that line I typed up.. is horrid... my God...- 4/5

Take It Back - Filler.. dull.. boring.. Next track - 2.5/5

Reunited - 80s/Early 90s R&B.. blah.. Corny - 2.5/5

I'd Rather Be Broke - Toni track - First time I've heard this.. I loved it.. Radio friendly.. catchy.. Modern.. I can relate..- 4.5/5

Heart Attack - Cute duet.. nothing to write home about... Radio friendly.. I can hear some funky remixes and the 30 and up clubs across the nation LoL - 4/5

The D Word - LOL Cute song.. Lyrically.. it's cute.. I'm sure half of American can relate to this song.. Well done.- 3.5/5

TOTAL

38.5 / 55 = 70%

Not a bad album... but nothing to write home to.. Toni should have just went solo

It's hard to listen to songs where I don't care for the artist's voice. I weigh a lot on that delivery. I love his writing, but I can't listen to him for long.

#TWIN#TWIN#TWINNNNN!!!! YES!! It's why I can't get into Trey Songz, Chris, and even some good singers, if I'm not feeling your actual voice, its nothing you can do about it.

Babyface I've always been iffy with like on the surface I always found him weak/mediocre as a vocalists, BUT.....he can EMOTE, and get to me, but his voice has seemed to get weaker to me over time, but as proven with this album he can still make it work...sometimes lol. But in the end his writting & production>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>his singing

Well I grew up on Babyface. He's obviously not the strongest singer ever lol {especially next to the amazing Toni} but I prefer his voice over other certain "singers" ~ and I love that it's distinctive :)

I feel you, it's with the whole distinctive thing, some songs it works and some songs it just don't. I LOVVVVVE Whip Appeal, & Everytime I close my eyes, & Never keepin secrets.

Sounds weird but I like his voice best when you can hear it in the background harmony's of the songs he produces/write (Red Light Special, Take Your Bow, Your Makin Me High, hell lets just say all of Toni's 1st & 2nd album)