Gil Posted Possible Janet Update

The problem with Janet's back up dancer is that his choreography is far from being on the lvl that it needs to be. You can clearly go back to any album prior to DJ and see that his choreography doesn't hold a candle to what some others have done to her.

He is a miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss... type of thing. His choreography is good at times but good is not enough, it needs to be EPIC.

It feels like he gets inspiration from seizure attacks, almost nothing is as fluid as it should be and he has a very weird ear, he usually bases his choreography around the weirdest beat of the song

Bye bitch! :lmao:

I believe the fans complained because the eras themselves didn't go well and they wanted someone to blame, thus Gil and JD getting the brunt of the hate and disdain.

Hence, me saying some of you never gave him a chance.

No even when the eras first began we were complaining about his choreography.

TOF aint playin wit yall lol.

And what's funny is the only people shading Janet's dancing is her fans, the other stan groups who pick on everything about her say the dancing is all the same, so they can't tell the diffrence, and the media at times mock the music of the last 10 yrs, but nobody's publically shaded the dancing.

And the thing the Gil haters forget is she approves everrything. And to the "Janet don't know how to fire friends" Paula, Anthony, Sean Tish, & Omar say otherwise. Whether you hate Gils choreography or don't or just don't really care as long as Janet's dancing and still dancing better than her competition & lessors (me), obviously Janet's happy with the work he's done, and literally thats all that matters.

If she was so happy she wouldn't of had so many choreographers help him. It's hard to be hard on friends and family. L.A. Reid wasn't a friend or family member of Janet so of course she wasn't scared of him plus he tried to run her shit. Y'all can stay mad but Gil is a non-factor in the dance industry. Usually when you were a dancer for Janet you'd get mad props but there's a reason why Gil doesn't. His work is just not the business.

If Janet can stand up to Fug Face Reid then I'm sure Gil is no bother.

I think during Gils "reign" we might have expected RN/janet. style intricate choreo tbh and we got what we got (which due to circumstances out of our control was not much i.e. 2 videos per album etc) that's why some fans don't like it.

No we didn't expect RN/janet. we expected good dancing period. All For You had good dancing too and after that just "So Excited" from the 2006 billboard awards and "Rock With U" that's it.

No even when the eras first began we were complaining about his choreography.

Just like I said, some of you never gave him a chance.

If she was so happy she wouldn't of had so many choreographers help him. It's hard to be hard on friends and family. L.A. Reid wasn't a friend or family member of Janet so of course she wasn't scared of him plus he tried to run her shit. Y'all can stay mad but Gil is a non-factor in the dance industry. Usually when you were a dancer for Janet you'd get mad props but there's a reason why Gil doesn't. His work is just not the business.

HoeHoe, as I told you, that was the same situation with Tina. She was the "head choreographer", others contributed to the routines. It's the same situation now.

HoeHoe, as I toldyou, that was the same situation with Tina. She was the "head choreographer", others contributed to the routines. It's the same situation now.

LOFL well that just got shut down, so by that same meaning she hated Tina's choreography too :lmao: And in this thread right now which side is exactly appearing mad? 1 side don't care and the other side reacts to Gil even saying Janet's name like he bitch smacked their mothers with his dick :lmao:

LOFL the dance industry itself is pretty much a non factor these days, so whoops that don't mean anything.

Back to rational conversation, yea TOF I agree had the last 3 eras worked out Gil & JD wouldn't catch half the shit they get, but the hilarious difference that even says how pointless the Gil hate is is that JD gets blame from the media, fans & haters .....Gil just get blame from the fans, nobody's slamming the dancing anywhere else but her own fanbase,

• Upvote 1

Just like I said, some of you never gave him a chance.

HoeHoe, as I told you, that was the same situation with Tina. She was the "head choreographer", others contributed to the routines. It's the same situation now.

Watch that mouth trick :rolleyes: Anyway not many others and i'm not gonna even address Jarryl's last comment cause i'll sum it up with this. Tina may of had some others contribute to the routines but not ever single one and whichever ones she did get help with they didn't suck where-as even with Gil having help the choreography still sucked and with him being head choreographer doesn't make him look to good at what he does does it?

Watch that mouth trick :rolleyes: Anyway not many others and i'm not gonna even address Jarryl's last comment cause i'll sum it up with this. Tina may of had some others contribute to the routines but not ever single one and whichever ones she did get help with they didn't suck where-as even with Gil having help the choreography still sucked and with him being head choreographer doesn't make him look to good at what he does does it?

You don't know on which routines Tina had help with or which she did by herself. The fact that Janet's most well known dance break (during Tina's time with Janet) wasn't even done by Tina is an indication that she wasn't doing it by herself. That's not to take away from Tina, because I love her work and her time with Janet.

For instance, Ed Moore, who worked with Gil on different routines, actually helped Fatima Robinson with a few routines she created for Aaliyah. However, most don't know that and credit Fatima only.

You don't know on which routines Tina had help with or which she did by herself. The fact that Janet's most well known dance break (during Tina's time with Janet) wasn't even done by Tina is an indication that she wasn't doing it by herself. That's not to take away from Tina, because I love her work and her time with Janet.

For instance, Ed Moore, who worked with Gil on different routines, actually helped Fatima Robinson with a few routines she created for Aaliyah. However, most don't know that and credit Fatima only.

and notice how I said whether Tina was helped or not NONE of her routines got criticized by the fans. NONE. Whether Fatima had help or not NONE of her work was criticized. Part of being head choreographer is making sure the routines don't come out looking shitty and Gil just isn't a good choreographer. He's one of those who should've stayed a back-up dancer. Tyce would've been a better choreographer. Who helped Janet do the choreography to "Doesn't Really Matter"? It was Shawnette and Marty I think and they killed that shit!

and notice how I said whether Tina was helped or not NONE of her routines got criticized by the fans. NONE. Whether Fatima had help or not NONE of her work was criticized. Part of being head choreographer is making sure the routines don't come out looking shitty and Gil just isn't a good choreographer. He's one of those who should've stayed a back-up dancer. Tyce would've been a better choreographer. Who helped Janet do the choreography to "Doesn't Really Matter"? It was Shawnette and Marty I think and they killed that shit!

and notice I said a few posts back ya'll wouldn't be critical if these past few eras were more successful. :coffee:

So's All Nite's choreography, non-fans give that 1 more respect and love than fans do.

IDK why they do. I see nothing special about the main parts of the choreography. It's seems repetitive. I even like Together Again's choreography better especially the remix. Now that you mentioned that I just watched the live performance of All Nite and I can see why I along with the other friends don't give it as much respect. I think it's because Gil didn't make the main parts of the choreography stick out. The world focuses on Janet dancing not her back-up dancers and during this routine while everybody's focusing on Janet the best part of the choreography is being done by the dancers while everyone is paying attention to Janet. Something should've made it stick out more. Did Gil do it all alone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWA98tZ1Z8

But thats the whole thing, it's your opinion, wheres most people LOVED the routine & video & performances of it that era, I know why cause it was fast, it was sexy, it was movements she hadn't done, it didn't have to be better or compete with anything to still be good in my opinion. Instead of comparing it to better routines, compare what shes been doing in the last 10 years to other artists who call themselves dancers, especially in her age group, she's still the best, and that's what matters to me

But thats the whole thing, it's your opinion, wheres most people LOVED the routine & video & performances of it that era, I know why cause it was fast, it was sexy, it was movements she hadn't done, it didn't have to be better or compete with anything to still be good in my opinion. Instead of comparing it to better routines, compare what shes been doing in the last 10 years to other artists who call themselves dancers, especially in her age group, she's still the best, and that's what matters to me

OOP!

nope that's YOUR opinion. Most people loved it? Where are you getting that from cause this is the first i've heard of it and even if they did then whoopty doo for maybe 2 or 3 routines that people actually cared for out of the whole decade Gil has been choreographer and let's not even talk about Janet's dancing at her age cause she tore up the Billboard Awards when she did "So Excited" at age 40. There's no excuse and guess what...Gil didn't choreograph that routine :) This ain't about other artists this is about Gil's skills as a choreographer or lack there of

nope that's YOUR opinion. Most people loved it? Where are you getting that from cause this is the first i've heard of it and even if they did then whoopty doo for maybe 2 or 3 routines that people actually cared for out of the whole decade Gil has been choreographer and let's not even talk about Janet's dancing at her age cause she tore up the Billboard Awards when she did "So Excited" at age 40. There's no excuse and guess what...Gil didn't choreograph that routine :) This ain't about other artists this is about Gil's skills as a choreographer or lack there of

Which side of the argument appears mad again

LOFL gee just most people who watched and gave feedback about her performances of All Nite, the fact that in my 8th grade talent show 4 girls perfomed the entire routine (2 messed up on spots) but yea thats all I needed. Hell the fact that people were demanding that she perform it on the #1's tour (maybe they wanted a different routine huh), and the fact that most fans here like it too. LOFL & by that same logic how many Ciara routines are people talking about? I can think of 2 (Ride & Oh) nobody talks about dance that much these days dude. And guess what, how many times did she perform that So Excited routine that same way? Again he works for Janet if she thought he was doing something wrong or wasn't doing something good enough to what she wants to do, she would've let him go the same way she has others in the past.

Gil has a lot more misses than hits. He was a fool for that 'Luv' choreography, he needs to understand that every syllable and word in the song does not require a movement. I know Janet likes to be intricate and show the girls how complicated her choreography is, but Gil be having her do the absolute most some.times and it comes off stiff and messy.

my problem with Gil is those wack ass arm and hand movements he always incorporates in his routines that make the dancer look like they suffer from cerebral palsy. I don't see that in the videos you posted...the movements actually flows together and there is a fluid transition from move to move.

da fuq was he trying to accomplish here

Which side of the argument appears mad again

LOFL gee just most people who watched and gave feedback about her performances of All Nite, the fact that in my 8th grade talent show 4 girls perfomed the entire routine (2 messed up on spots) but yea thats all I needed. Hell the fact that people were demanding that she perform it on the #1's tour (maybe they wanted a different routine huh), and the fact that most fans here like it too. LOFL & by that same logic how many Ciara routines are people talking about? I can think of 2 (Ride & Oh) nobody talks about dance that much these days dude. And guess what, how many times did she perform that So Excited routine that same way? Again he works for Janet if she thought he was doing something wrong or wasn't doing something good enough to what she wants to do, she would've let him go the same way she has others in the past.

if you're talking about So Excited you do realize the Billboard performance was the one she preferred hence why ever since performing that routine she's replaced the original routine and put it on the Rock With U tour :) Why is Ciara even being brought up? She's not in the same league :mellow: and also would you just dump your best friend and leave them unemployed?

my problem with Gil is those wack ass arm and hand movements he always incorporates in his routines that make the dancer look like they suffer from cerebral palsy. I don't see that in the videos you posted...the movements actually flows together and there is a fluid transition from move to move.

da fuq was he trying to accomplish here

that was so fuckin' ugly :&

Gil wouldn't be unemployed.. He has other ventures other than Janet

like?