Gil Posted Possible Janet Update

Where do you guys think dancing is at the moment? If she came out with a 2013 dance breakdown would people eat it up or are the folks today into 'lazy' shoulder pop, pussy pat dances?

I have no clue. The only artists that "dance" are Ciara and Beyonce (well, that immediately come to mind).

Janet can do the urban/street thing, but I don't think her sound will be geared in that direction. Beyonce puts on a show, but doesn't really dance.... (and that may be controversial to the Bey stans here lol). She doesn't do intricate movement. However, Janet's getting older, so she may go that route.

For the Gil lovers/supporters

It's not even about whether u like his stuff or not its about Janet needing some fresh new blood. I mean the little girl has been the choreographer for a decade now...after that amount of time , its automatic that shit is stale. Fresh energy is NEEDED , idc wat none yall say. I wuld say the same thing even if Tina Landon stuck around that long. But I blame Janet cuz she seems so content and comfortable wit her bestfriend being her creative head. I just wish she wuld shake that and realize new fresh energy is needed like how her mindset use to be about choreographers

It's not even about whether u like his stuff or not its about Janet needing some fresh new blood. I mean the little girl has been the choreographer for a decade now...after that amount of time , its automatic that shit is stale. Fresh energy is NEEDED , idc wat none yall say. I wuld say the same thing even if Tina Landon stuck around that long. But I blame Janet cuz she seems so content and comfortable wit her bestfriend being her creative head. I just wish she wuld shake that and realize new fresh energy is needed like how her mindset use to be about choreographers

Lies. Ya'll have been shading Gil from the beginning. :umm: I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm not saying he doesn't need to bring something fresh to the table, because he does. However, I feel ya'll never really gave him a chance because the eras didn't go perfectly. He and JD received a lot of the blame, when there were many other factors involved.

when y'all gon' sit y'all asses down somewhere? :umm:

Why should we sit down when we've posted no lies? :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Exactly. She likes what Gil does. His style is/was popular in dance. Very jerky, every single word in the song has a different movement. It's Janet being at the cutting edge (well at the time) of what was going on in dance.

It just doesn't always work for Janet, imo.

What are we going to do with HoeHoe? :sigh:

Damn near every dancer on Youtube does the same thing..
  • Upvote 1

and it's sad that in the decade the fans can only name like 3 routines that they like. Let's not talk about everybody going off on how he had Janet looking like she was trying to wiggle out of that dress in the "Call On Me" video

So what, if some ppl were shading him from the beginning ...and????? That's their right to dislike or like someones work. The bottom line is that its time for fresh blood ..to give a diff energy and look to Janet's craft.

Of course, it's people's right to dislike, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say Janet needs to bring new blood/fresh energy into the mix, when you've been shading the work from the beginning (I.E never really giving it a chance).

Also, she has been keeping it fresh because it's not Gil creating the choreography alone. He's the head/main choreographer working with others like Ed Moore and Jillian, etc in creation of routines and staging for performances.

Quiet as it's kept, if Janet and Tina hadn't fallen out over personal issues, Tina probably would have been the "head choreographer" for a few more eras/projects too. Same with Shawnette.

and it's sad that in the decade the fans can only name like 3 routines that they like. Let's not talk about everybody going off on how he had Janet looking like she was trying to wiggle out of that dress in the "Call On Me" video

HoeHoe that has little to do with Gil. That has to do with the eras getting shorter. We've only been getting two singles per era, and some of those singles/videos weren't dance productions.

• Upvote 1

TOF, we are aware that others have came in to collab wit Gil but ultimately Gil is still the head ..he's still creative director . What is so wrong wit ppl feeling like Janet needs to switch up ..u act as if thats a bad thing. And miss me wit the "had janet and Tina not fell out she would prolly have lasted longer" bull. That's based off assumptions..which is a toss up considering Janet herself has been quoted saying she like to switch up wit diff choreographers after every couple of projects. Janet has gotten complacent wit gil for the past decade due to her career not being hot the last decade. Gil is like a comfort blanket,apparently . Do u really wanna see Gil be the head choreo for Janet for the rest of her career? Really TOF???? What happened to "change is good"

• Upvote 1

I would ask you the same thing, but judging by your recent thread in FX, it seems you've already sat down somewhere, or rather on something/someone. :coffee:

#CLOCKED

:coffee:

TOF, we are aware that others have came in to collab wit Gil but ultimately Gil is still the head ..he's still creative director . What is so wrong wit ppl feeling like Janet needs to switch up ..u act as if thats a bad thing. And miss me wit the "had janet and Tina not fell out she would prolly have lasted longer" bull. That's based off assumptions..which is a toss up considering Janet herself has been quoted saying she like to switch up wit diff choreographers after every couple of projects. Janet has gotten complacent wit gil for the past decade due to her career not being hot the last decade. Gil is like a comfort blanket,apparently . Do u really wanna see Gil be the head choreo for Janet for the rest of her career? Really TOF???? What happened to "change is good"

There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep it fresh and to switch things up, but it's unfair to ask that when you've been shading the work from the start. If Janet likes the work GIl has been creating, but yet she sees the fans complaining about EVERYTHING, how do you think she's going to react to that? She's going to pull back and rely on her own judgement. This is a woman who was one of the first celebs to really interact with the fans online (going all the way back to the VR era)... she's pulled back because ya'll whine about everything.

I'm not speaking about you specifically when I say "ya'll" and I've kind of veered into another area, but it's still connected to the main topic nonetheless. lol

I think she likes what Gil has given her, and there may be a tinge of feeling like Gil hasn't had his time to truly shine as "Janet Jackson's choreographer", because the last few eras have been so short, but mostly I think the complaining and whining about almost everything (including JD) caused her to pull back from the hardcore fans and rely on her own judgement.

Sorry but had Gil not given Janet sucky ass choreography from the beginning then the fans wouldn't of been shading him from the beginning. Here goes the saying "You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression". Gil made his first impression and it wasn't good. Don't you think the same would've happened had Paula, Anthony Thomas, Tina, Shawnette, Omar, Tony Testa and whoever else if they would've gave Janet shitty choreography. The fans wouldn't be having it. Everybody knows Janet and her dance moves have never been shaded until Gil stepped up on the scene

The problem with Janet's back up dancer is that his choreography is far from being on the lvl that it needs to be. You can clearly go back to any album prior to DJ and see that his choreography doesn't hold a candle to what some others have done to her.

He is a miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss... type of thing. His choreography is good at times but good is not enough, it needs to be EPIC.

It feels like he gets inspiration from seizure attacks, almost nothing is as fluid as it should be and he has a very weird ear, he usually bases his choreography around the weirdest beat of the song

• Upvote 1

Sorry but had Gil not given Janet sucky ass choreography from the beginning then the fans wouldn't of been shading him from the beginning. Here goes the saying "You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression". Gil made his first impression and it wasn't good. Don't you think the same would've happened had Paula, Anthony Thomas, Tina, Shawnette, Omar, Tony Testa and whoever else if they would've gave Janet shitty choreography. The fans wouldn't be having it. Everybody knows Janet and her dance moves have never been shaded until Gil stepped up on the scene

I believe the fans complained because the eras themselves didn't go well and they wanted someone to blame, thus Gil and JD getting the brunt of the hate and disdain.

Hence, me saying some of you never gave him a chance.

• Upvote 1

TOF aint playin wit yall lol.

And what's funny is the only people shading Janet's dancing is her fans, the other stan groups who pick on everything about her say the dancing is all the same, so they can't tell the diffrence, and the media at times mock the music of the last 10 yrs, but nobody's publically shaded the dancing.

And the thing the Gil haters forget is she approves everrything. And to the "Janet don't know how to fire friends" Paula, Anthony, Sean Tish, & Omar say otherwise. Whether you hate Gils choreography or don't or just don't really care as long as Janet's dancing and still dancing better than her competition & lessors (me), obviously Janet's happy with the work he's done, and literally thats all that matters.

• Upvote 1

If Janet can stand up to Fug Face Reid then I'm sure Gil is no bother.

I think during Gils "reign" we might have expected RN/janet. style intricate choreo tbh and we got what we got (which due to circumstances out of our control was not much i.e. 2 videos per album etc) that's why some fans don't like it.