Gil Posted Possible Janet Update

The problem with Gil's routines is that they are too technical. What made Anthony great is that he came from a street background, so he was able to combine technical ability with creativity. Gil has the technical ability, but his choreography overall lacks the creativity from past eras.

This isn't a bad thing because it speaks to Janet's talent in terms of dance - a dancer being able to be technical without any formal training. FB was creative because of the use of shapes, and RWU is good as well. But overall, there's an imbalance of technique and creativity in Her routines.

And JoeJoe are you serious with ANDS? :mellow: Janet does 6 ball changes in the first 8 count while maintaining Her lines. Do you have any idea the agility, control, and balance that takes? :mellow:

• Upvote 2

The problem with Gil's routines is that they are too technical. What made Anthony great is that he came from a street background, so he was able to combine technical ability with creativity. Gil has the technical ability, but his choreography overall lacks the creativity from past eras.

This isn't a bad thing because it speaks to Janet's talent in terms of dance - a dancer being able to be technical without any formal training. FB was creative because of the use of shapes, and RWU is good as well. But overall, there's an imbalance of technique and creativity in Her routines.

And JoeJoe are you serious with ANDS? :mellow: Janet does 6 ball changes in the first 8 count while maintaining Her lines. Do you have any idea the agility, control, and balance that takes? :mellow:

GATHER HIM!

what does that have to do with anything? We all know Janet's a great dancer. She's been doing ball changes since Control so why are you even addressing that? You act like it's something new that Gil brought to the table. Oh and these guys didn't have too much of a hard time doing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdDCPIq2W4

if you're talking about So Excited you do realize the Billboard performance was the one she preferred hence why ever since performing that routine she's replaced the original routine and put it on the Rock With U tour :) Why is Ciara even being brought up? She's not in the same league :mellow: and also would you just dump your best friend and leave them unemployed?

:lmao: Um...Joe she kept the So Excited Remix as the music....but kept the original routine for the most part with RWU....so thats pretty irrelevant to the conversation. And Ciara was brought up as an example that can also be used for Bey or anyone else who dances, these days nobody talks about routines like they did in the 90's. And I'm the wrong person to ask because I would if I thought & saw physical evidence that they were keeping me down or holding me back, I'd help them out but I wouldn't keep them out of fear of firring them & ending the friendship.

There is not a SINGLE word in that I don't agree with... :yep:

Those street dancers you posted don't have nada on Janet and you don't know how long it took them to look mediocre (compared to Gil/Janet)

No? Neither was you calling Gil unemployed

Who said they had anything on Janet? :mellow: of course they don't. I don't care how long it took them...they kept their balance and that's all I was pointing out. You don't get these things. Also me calling Gil unemployed made plenty of sense cause he is :)

:lmao: Um...Joe she kept the So Excited Remix as the music....but kept the original routine for the most part with RWU....so thats pretty irrelevant to the conversation. And Ciara was brought up as an example that can also be used for Bey or anyone else who dances, these days nobody talks about routines like they did in the 90's. And I'm the wrong person to ask because I would if I thought & saw physical evidence that they were keeping me down or holding me back, I'd help them out but I wouldn't keep them out of fear of firring them & ending the friendship.

There is not a SINGLE word in that I don't agree with... :yep:

I like how you said she kept the original routine for "THE MOST PART" :lol: as I said before Gil gets trashed for a reason.

Ever since ANDS, Gil's jerky movements still are felt throughout dance. Regardless of how you feel about him now, ANDS set a standard for modern dance. It wasn't long before every "choreographer" was influenced by Gil's unique style of dance.

And Austin was right in pointing out how technical ANDS is. The technical aspects of the routine are DIFFICULT to master. I've heard from dancers that it was a difficult routine to replicate.

• Upvote 2

Ever since ANDS, Gil's jerky movements still are felt throughout dance. Regardless of how you feel about him now, ANDS set a standard for modern dance. It wasn't long before every "choreographer" was influenced by Gil's unique style of dance.

And Austin was right in pointing out how technical ANDS is. The technical aspects of the routine are DIFFICULT to master. I've heard from dancers that it was a difficult routine to replicate.

And plus if Janet didn't like it she would've canned him a long time ago!

• Upvote 1

Ever since ANDS, Gil's jerky movements still are felt throughout dance. Regardless of how you feel about him now, ANDS set a standard for modern dance. It wasn't long before every "choreographer" was influenced by Gil's unique AWFUL style of dance.

AN is an exception to the god awful rule

And plus if Janet didn't like it she would've canned him a long time ago!

She also dated JD, she was clearly fucked up in the head. Serving us Lobotomney teas with in them eras

THIS. I'm not opposed to fresh choreographers and whatnot.

None of us is, they just need to be good

iyvM96Xlp0VaW.gif

Go sit down light boy cause this is a lie

what does that have to do with anything? We all know Janet's a great dancer. She's been doing ball changes since Control so why are you even addressing that? You act like it's something new that Gil brought to the table. Oh and these guys didn't have too much of a hard time doing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdDCPIq2W4

The tempo at which they are executed with them pretty much being in succession says a lot about the routine. It's a very technical routine and not everyone can do it with sheer technical ability.

:rolleyes: Don't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sis.... <_<

All Nite

So Excited

Feedback

Rock With U

They were all good routines (regardless of y'all opinions of the songs :rolleyes:)

"All Nite" is one of my all time fav Janet routines, so I trust Gil. I just didn't think "Make Me" fit Janet.

He didn't even do those

His list:

All Nite

Just A Little While

Strawberry Bounce

Call On Me

Scream (Updated Versions)

Control (Updated Versions)

Luv

Make Me

When We Oooo

Make Me - Gil Duldulao