Canada

bu.

My best friend is moving to Canada next year with her nephew. She wants me to come with her :umm:. She knows I'm unhappy here and tbh moving away is exactly what I need. If you had the opportunity to go somewhere like this would you? Even though you'd have no job arranged or anything?

• Upvote 1

:lmao:! We have that here too tbh (minus the weed). It's probably colder there actually.

One thing I think about when thinking of these things is how ethnic minorities are treated. I always...get scared thinking about going somewhere new and possibly being attacked because of that.

DO.IT! Take the risk, change the inviornment, from Michgan to California is a lonnng way (The U.K. to Canada is longer ofcourse) and I don't regret it. I felt so stuck in Detroit, like I'd never get out, and I was so mad about it, had a shitty job, didn't know for sure what I wanted to do, but everything came together, in alot of ways I realize today Im not that much better off than I was in Detroit, but I am more better off, at the end of the day Im here, I got out, that alone attributes so much more happiness to me, and I'd imagine/hope it would for you too, take a chance. If it doesn't work out you can always go back, but if you really want it, and the oppertunity is there, I think you'd be letting yourself down if you didn't give it a try

..............................plus I wants ya closser.... :shifty:

• Upvote 1

I say go for it. Make sure you can have solid contact with those you care about where you are so you won't miss them too badly. If you're truly unhappy where you are and moving away seems to be the much better option then I say do it. A change of scene, some new faces, and new chances could be good for you. I'd look into some jobs and where you could possibly be staying, though. Don't just haul off without a little security where you're going. All in all, I'd definitely say to go for it. I would. Not to Canada(I hate the cold :lol:), but there are a few places that I'd definitely be ready to move to if ever given the opportunity especially Australia or Germany :wub:

• Upvote 1

DO.IT! Take the risk, change the inviornment, from Michgan to California is a lonnng way (The U.K. to Canada is longer ofcourse) and I don't regret it. I felt so stuck in Detroit, like I'd never get out, and I was so mad about it, had a shitty job, didn't know for sure what I wanted to do, but everything came together, in alot of ways I realize today Im not that much better off than I was in Detroit, but I am more better off, at the end of the day Im here, I got out, that alone attributes so much more happiness to me, and I'd imagine/hope it would for you too, take a chance. If it doesn't work out you can always go back, but if you really want it, and the oppertunity is there, I think you'd be letting yourself down if you didn't give it a try

..............................plus I wants ya closser.... :shifty:

I say go for it. Make sure you can have solid contact with those you care about where you are so you won't miss them too badly. If you're truly unhappy where you are and moving away seems to be the much better option then I say do it. A change of scene, some new faces, and new chances could be good for you. I'd look into some jobs and where you could possibly be staying, though. Don't just haul off without a little security where you're going. All in all, I'd definitely say to go for it. I would. Not to Canada(I hate the cold :lol:), but there are a few places that I'd definitely be ready to move to if ever given the opportunity especially Australia or Germany :wub:

You're both so right tbh. This...this is exactly what I need. I'm sick of my life here. I was in the same position 2 years ago and I was planning on moving with Selz but I decided not to because I was hopeful things would improve. They haven't and I'm still stuck in this hellhole.

You should talk to Shady, he's from that heathen country.

Which one is he? Nerfertiti?

Yes, Never-titty ^_^

And btw, I say go for it.

I wish he'd post more <_<

You won't be able to unless you are marrying a Canadian or have a qualification or profession that they need.

She hasn't put much thought into it yet. It's literally just a thought right now which we need to discuss more.

Thinking won't get you there, unless you think your way to gaining a qualification or learning a trade that they need. Otherwise you won't be able to live there.

That's a given. It's just a 2 day old thought so far.

What city?

She has an uncle in Toronto

Yea I am with Paul that you should have some type of plan first (even if it's for something very minimal and temporary, You can move out of pure bliss and excitement, but that won't pay the bills (sadly lol). So have some kind of plan so you can maintain

I say go with a plan and a goal! :)

You should! But yeah make a plan first LOL

Haha yeah a plan is definitely needed. She's just spurred it on me - I don't think she's even though about it. She didn't even know the UK only has a set amount of visas allocated and need to apply in January and stuff lol

Oh Im gonna touch on some of what Rey said about the friends and fam, yes you gon miss folks and things, but TRUST.....some relatives are better in small doces lol, I think everybody can list at least 3 in their fam. Some relatives need to be missed lol for me it's both of my grandmothers mostly, love em both to pieces, but can take them in small doces now, and I enjoy missing them, makes me more excited to see them when I do lol.

I do REALLLLLLLY miss 1 of my nephews tho, but we talk, so it's cool.

• Upvote 1

I've decided to go through Smaller Earth. A friend of mine works with them and they help place you in countries for a year (like an internship or placement). I was originally going to do Australia but I was scared of going on my own. With my friend...this would just be ideal.

I've decided to go through Smaller Earth. A friend of mine works with them and they help place you in countries for a year (like an internship or placement). I was originally going to do Australia but I was scared of going on my own. With my friend...this would just be ideal.

So I bought a futon for nothing. Enjoy Canada. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1