SURPRISING NEWS: Duck Dynasty star not only homophobic but also a lil racist

jarrylf

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/phil-robertson-black-people_n_4473474.html

This is WAYYY disapointing, I love this show, but this guy....I always sensed something, Finding out he was homophobic wasn't surprising but that he has a touch of the racism was for me. For me this is MUCH worst than the shit people are dragging Paula for, I mean that "pre-entitlement, pre-welfare" statement ALONE....DAMN, as a serious viewer, don't know if I'll continue to support...

This is disappointing?

These are uneducated southern white swamp people and you thought they were open minded?

This is why I never watched their show.. Not even once.. Duck Dynasty :umm: that name alone sounds pre-Civil War

Wait until Honey Boo Boo stops eating and starts talking.

I don't think he's racists as he is ignorant

• Upvote 1

This is disappointing?

These are uneducated southern white swamp people and you thought they were open minded?

This is why I never watched their show.. Not even once.. Duck Dynasty :umm: that name alone sounds pre-Civil War

Wait until Honey Boo Boo stops eating and starts talking.

I don't think he's racists as he is ignorant

Well yea because they're 1 of those people who always say they love everyone, and surprisingly they're all college educated, but this guy like I said always had something about him, his brothers and his sons are the main attractions to their show, they're the fun ones.

DEATH @ THE HONEY BOOBOO PART LOL, that girl uses too many black phrases to hate black people lol!

Eh...I don't understand the hype around this show, anyway.

It's funny rednecks, is all, nothing more or less.

I was extremely puzzled and surprised. I would randomly hear things about how huge it is..but never gave an ounce of a thought to check the crap out. Just aint my kinda shit.

Living in the south, I hear about it and see advertising/merchandise from it all the time. I just never wanted to bother with it. I hear rednecks go on and on about hunting and other random stuff just living down here and even then it doesn't interest me. :lol:

• Upvote 1

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.huffingto..._n_4473474.html

This is WAYYY disapointing, I love this show, but this guy....I always sensed something, Finding out he was homophobic wasn't surprising but that he has a touch of the racism was for me. For me this is MUCH worst than the shit people are dragging Paula for, I mean that "pre-entitlement, pre-welfare" statement ALONE....DAMN, as a serious viewer, don't know if I'll continue to support...

Are we really surprised? I'm actually kinda surprised you watch this Jarryl. You're the only black person i've ever heard speak of this show. I still don't even know what the show is about but i'm assuming they own a lot of ducks or hunt them. I'm not interested in a show about some white hicks looking nasty and dirty. I'm not surprised at all about them being racist or homophobic

Are we really surprised? I'm actually kinda surprised you watch this Jarryl. You're the only black person i've ever heard speak of this show. I still don't even know what the show is about but i'm assuming they own a lot of ducks or hunt them. I'm not interested in a show about some white hicks looking nasty and dirty. I'm not surprised at all about them being racist or homophobic

LOL no the "Surprised" was sarcasm lol, Mannn I'm surprised I got into it too, I DID NOT see that coming, hell I'm repulsed by Honey Doodoo, but I found this show really funny. It's about a family who are millionaires for creating specific duck calling whistles, the guy who the article is talking about is the main dad, he has 3 sons, and the oldest son is the 1 who created the idea, and handles the money (hes the smart 1, and the 1 with culture) the rest are dumb hicks basically, funny hicks but dumb, I mainly watch for the 3 sons, I'm very entertained by them, their dad like I said.............eh.....I don't like him very much. Their uncle (the dad's brother) is WAYYYYYYYY funny too. But yea it's just a guilty pleasure for me lol.

WASHINGTON -- Embattled "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson has been suspended from his show by A&E for his remarks about gays and African-Americans, and now some high-profile conservatives are rallying to his side and defending him. On Friday, GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne went all in, comparing Robertson to civil rights icon Rosa Parks.

"In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians," Bayne said in an email to supporters.

"What Parks did was courageous," he added. "What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too."

Robertson's anti-gay remarks in an interview with GQ comparing homosexuality to bestiality have received quite a bit of attention. But he also commented on the state of African-Americans during the Jim Crow era, claiming that they were all carefree and totally happy with their (unequal) status:

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

What "Christian persecution"? :umm: How are you being persecuted in a country where you're the majority? Not to mention, people are just wanting to live their lives the way it suits them. They aren't persecuting you by telling you to stop persecuting them. A bunch of Republican dumbasses, really.

Of course, comparing him to Rosa Parks is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

What "Christian persecution"? :umm: How are you being persecuted in a country where you're the majority? Not to mention, people are just wanting to live their lives the way it suits them. They aren't persecuting you by telling you to stop persecuting them. A bunch of Republican dumbasses, really.

Of course, comparing him to Rosa Parks is ridiculous.

Christian persecution is something that happened when the Roman Empire was still thriving, not today. The GOP fails again