The Show Must Go On: How about Janet Jackson for Vegas? Five Vegas Acts That Need To Happen

bu.

The Show Must Go On: Five Vegas Acts That Need To Happen

01_janet_jackson-360x240.jpg

Janet Jackson

What ever happened to Janet Jackson? We haven’t heard a peep from the songstress in years. It’s time she made a comeback. And what better place to mount one than in the Entertainment Capital of the World? Janet, if you’re reading, we’re waiting!

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/the-show-must-go-on-five-vegas-acts-that-need-to-happen-20131225/#ixzz2ofnp7cKG

The Vegas thing is kind of a double edge sword to me.

It's a great place to kinda "rebuild" your career (especially if you get Great reviews)

But Vegas always sounds desperate and last resort. Even tho Celine's Vegas run clearly shows that Vegas isn't just for the non-popular hasbeen

That's true. I look at how well Toni was doing though before she had to quit for health issues - and she hadn't had a hit in years. Granted it still put her in a pit of irrelevancy afterwards but it looks like Vegas is a good venture. But then it is a last resort thing too - I get that :lol:.

Did you click the link and see the other 4? I think they were Paula Abdul, Madonna, Justin aaaaaaaaaaaand Elizabeth Berkely.

It's a great place to kinda "rebuild" your career (especially if you get Great reviews)

But Vegas always sounds desperate and last resort. Even tho Celine's Vegas run clearly shows that Vegas isn't just for the non-popular hasbeen

That would be true for someone like Mariah that would stand in the middle of the stage and sing(lip)..

For Janet, she would be able to put on a huge show without having to travel from city to city..

I say do it for 6 months.. And then go overseas somewhere and do the same thing..

this so i'd say no
  • Upvote 1

That's true. I look at how well Toni was doing though before she had to quit for health issues - and she hadn't had a hit in years. Granted it still put her in a pit of irrelevancy afterwards but it looks like Vegas is a good venture. But then it is a last resort thing too - I get that :lol:.

Did you click the link and see the other 4? I think they were Paula Abdul, Madonna, Justin aaaaaaaaaaaand Elizabeth Berkely.

It was definitely a great move for Toni.. she has that type of "Vegas" presence on stage (if you know what I mean) :lol: ..and her Vegas show was an extension of that. She needed it. Janet doesn't need it as bad as her :umm::lol:

BUT Paula???? She would be INCREDIBLE for Vegas, I'm shocked she has never done it. That would be perfect for her. She's very theatrical and a hell of a dancer. And we know she's the Queen of Hasbeens. That's a GREAT idea.

That would be true for someone like Mariah that would stand in the middle of the stage and sing(lip)..

For Janet, she would be able to put on a huge show without having to travel from city to city..

I say do it for 6 months.. And then go overseas somewhere and do the same thing..

A short stint wouldn't hurt I suppose but usually the artist end up extending the run lol.. I guess when its successful..they end up staying longer than planned. I just don't kno if I can picture Janet having a Vegas show. That's what The Jackson brothers should be doin tho to be honest

A short stint wouldn't hurt I suppose but usually the artist end up extending the run lol.. I guess when its successful..they end up staying longer than planned. I just don't kno if I can picture Janet having a Vegas show. That's what The Jackson brothers should be doin tho to be honest

I'm surprised they haven't done it..

It was definitely a great move for Toni.. she has that type of "Vegas" presence on stage (if you know what I mean) :lol: ..and her Vegas show was an extension of that. She needed it. Janet doesn't need it as bad as her :umm::lol:

BUT Paula???? She would be INCREDIBLE for Vegas, I'm shocked she has never done it. That would be perfect for her. She's very theatrical and a hell of a dancer. And we know she's the Queen of Hasbeens. That's a GREAT idea.

aint nobody going to see no Paula with them cheerleader dance moves

aint nobody going to see no Paula with them cheerleader dance moves

If they're goin to see Britney, who's now a non dancing,stiff, cheerleader.. than certainly there's an audience for Paula. You'd be surprise. If you were once HUGE in music, you're gonna always have followers. Besides she's known as a "performer" .. you not like her cheer leader moves have nothing to do with how other ppl view her as a performer. Ppl love to see old acts, very nostalgic.

I never got the impression that Janet wanted to do Vegas because either the money wasn't enough or she didn't feel it in her heart. Just like this Idol like shows, she was offered the chance to judge on those and passed. Janet's done a lot already, and she isn't that side hustle chick. I respect that she does what she wants, and right now she has a husband that makes her happy and she wifey, which means she aint doing too much of anything.

• Upvote 1

If they're goin to see Britney, who's now a non dancing,stiff, cheerleader.. than certainly there's an audience for Paula. You'd be surprise. If you were once HUGE in music, you're gonna always have followers. Besides she's known as a "performer" .. you not like her cheer leader moves have nothing to do with how other ppl view her as a performer. Ppl love to see old acts, very nostalgic.

paula never had Britney's fan base...you tried it. Only reason half of the people know Paula is because of idol...I mean I followed her music but let's be real. She's unknown for it

Are you aware of how BIG Paula Abdul was during her time? She had one of the best selling debut albums ever. Once again.. Do research. She was huge in her day, wayyyy before a Britney was even thought of. You can have opinions but you can't argue facts. When you were once big, you're gonna always have fans to sum degree. We've seen this time and time again...and AGAIN since Paula is known as a PERFORMER ..ppl will go juss based off that. Ppl like to go be entertained..not even necessarily goin becuz they're fans. Every single person who goes to a concert of an artist is NOT a fan. Some ppl go just to see "entertainment"

• Upvote 1