Peaches Geldof dies at age of 25

bu.

Just because addiction is psychological it doesn't mean it isn't a disease :umm: It can be cured and treated, even if it isn't by taking a pill or getting a shot. Do I need to get into schooling you with definitions again? That doesn't take away from the fact a choice was made. They're both diseases, period.

So? You still posted the results with that purpose. It was still your intention no matter who you replied to. You're slacking, Game.

She needed help, and it's sad she didn't get it. My point still stands.

You can call addiction a disease all you like... It is, by definition, not a disease... Who/where ever you learned that from is using the word "disease" to commend the fact that it is "curable"... There is no evidence that the behavior of addicts is compulsive...

http://www.thecleanslate.org/myths/addiction-is-not-a-brain-disease-it-is-a-choice/

I posted "the result" because I am the best at posting news..I have an award to back up that claim Lol

No doubt, any one doing heroin needs help.. but she refused to get it... therefore whose fault is it?

I'm baffled she was still using and feel a little duped. She looked great albeit skinny. I know some people use to become skinny. Whether she used it as a one off or succumbed to a previous addiction - it was a stupid thing to do and sadly two kids are motherless now. The poor kids :(. I genuinely thought she'd turned her life around and was rooting for her.

Senseless, Selfish behavior hurt the innocent -_-

You can call addiction a disease all you like... It is, by definition, not a disease... Who/where ever you learned that from is using the word "disease" to commend the fact that it is "curable"... There is no evidence that the behavior of addicts is compulsive...

http://www.thecleans...it-is-a-choice/

I posted "the result" because I am the best at posting news..I have an award to back up that claim Lol

No doubt, any one doing heroin needs help.. but she refused to get it... therefore whose fault is it?

I see nothing that says people choose to end up with an addiction. Do people make bad decisions? Yes. Do they intend to suffer from long term consequences? No. It's compulsive once it starts, but again, it can be cured.

That isn't what you said in your reply to BU or when you posted it originally, therefore I am not mistaken for considering it to be a part of your usual criticism of the dead as opposed to posting an update. lol

Her own. I never denied that. Once again, it still doesn't mean this all isn't sad and that she doesn't deserve sympathy over ridicule.

I see nothing that says people choose to end up with an addiction. Do people make bad decisions? Yes. Do they intend to suffer from long term consequences? No. It's compulsive once it starts, but again, it can be cured.

That isn't what you said in your reply to BU or when you posted it originally, therefore I am not mistaken for considering it to be a part of your usual criticism of the dead as opposed to posting an update. lol

Her own. I never denied that. Once again, it still doesn't mean this all isn't sad and that she doesn't deserve sympathy over ridicule.

I mean it's heroin.. She choose to do it... In multiple occasions. And of course compulsive behavior can be stopped.. But just bc you have a compulsive behavior doesn't mean it's on the same level of disease as Cancer or STIs

Never mind why I posted it.. I did and boom it's happened regardless of why I posted it

The only thing sad is the fact that should would do this and allow her child to watch her take her last breath

I mean it's heroin.. She choose to do it... In multiple occasions. And of course compulsive behavior can be stopped.. But just bc you have a compulsive behavior doesn't mean it's on the same level of disease as Cancer or STIs

Never mind why I posted it.. I did and boom it's happened regardless of why I posted it

The only thing sad is the fact that she would do this and allow her child to watch her take her last breath

Okay.

So I was right.

I doubt she intended to OD, but it is the consequence. It's sad she didn't get help, that she died in front of her child and also that she's left behind a young widower with two kids who'll barely remember their mother. It's sad all around. I'm not going to deny her poor decisions, but I'm not going to overly condemn her either.

No Game but there's a difference between not mourning somebody and effectively dancing on their grave. It's... inappropriate.

I don't think she's buried yet :unsure:

And I don't think I "danced on her grave".. Heroin is a serious drug and has lasting complications on the user and their family... If she died in an auto accident I wouldn't be in this thread

Addiction is a disease. She had a lot of problems some of the causes were not her fault. She was a victim in many ways.

Addiction screws with your mind. Was she a good mother? Most of the time probably. Was she the best mother/sister/daughter/friend she could be? Impossible unless she was clean which we know she wasn't. Being a drug addict makes you selfish. You WANT to do better and be better but while you are addicted you can't.

She made a selfish stupid decision but her decision making faculties were affected by being an addict.

She and her children deserve sympathy not judgement.

Addiction is a disease. She had a lot of problems some of the causes were not her fault.

No and hell no.. Placing the blame on the substance and not her? No... Heroin, much like cigarettes, beer, etc do not have mind controlling powers, despite what the commercials say. The user is in full control of the behavior

Addiction is a behavior.. To call it a disease is comparing drug use to cancer and other REAL diseases

That's the key point where you are wrong. An addict does not have the same choice or control which is why they are an addict.

They thought that they could control it at first, and initially probably could. They could take it or leave it. Unfortunately addiction is so powerful that by the time people realise they have a problem and want to stop it's too late.

This isn't a point for debate it's a fact.

• Upvote 1