Happy 13th Anniversery All For You!

T.C

13 years ago Janet's 7th album was released in the United States (only just found out i shared a Birthday with it, wow!)

Janet_Jackson_-_All_for_You_%28album%29.png

Share your memories with this era

Me personally, i was 6 years old so not much input on my part, but i do remember vaguely hearing AFY a lot on the radio.

I officially place this over Damita Jo in my top 10 list. This is a big deal because for years I've shaded AFY (and Game) in favour of DJ but I now love it more tbh.

I remember hearing Doesn't Really Matter, Song of A Gun and AFY EVERYWHERE that year. Every time I went to the supermarket I'd hear at least 2 of 3 if not all 3 songs. The videos would play on a music channel so often. Janet was inescapable.

I officially place this over Damita Jo in my top 10 list. This is a big deal because for years I've shaded AFY (and Game) in favour of DJ but I now love it more tbh.

I remember hearing Doesn't Really Matter, Song of A Gun and AFY EVERYWHERE that year. Every time I went to the supermarket I'd hear at least 2 of 3 if not all 3 songs. The videos would play on a music channel so often. Janet was inescapable.

AFY >>>>> anything and everything after.. The only song worthy of AFY's greatness is ENJOY... and maybe Take Care

I had got the cd a week prior to the release date. I was so shocked to find it at the store on the military installation. I think I even screamed. :unsure:

What a wonderful feeling to tear the wrapping off the cd and pop it in the cd player in my car.. :dance: I didn't live far from where I was staying so I just went to my room and got my life.

A friend of mine who was a big Janet fan herself called me when she got it the day it came out and by that time I had knew all the lyrics.. :whistle:

Memories indeed. :excited:

The sad thing is that I didn't get to go to the concert because I had to go to Fort Hood for some bullshit training. :cry::angry:

• Upvote 1

Dang, that's half my lifetime now >_< lol

I remember being super excited when I first heard the title song on the radio. ^_^ It instantly became my favorite of 2001 and it still is. I still remember the exact day I bought it ~ 4/28 (yeah, I had to wait til the weekend lol). In an otherwise gloomy year, this album was that ray of sunshine. B)

Dang, that's half my lifetime now >_< lol

I remember being super excited when I first heard the title song on the radio. ^_^ It instantly became my favorite of 2001 and it still is. I still remember the exact day I bought it ~ 4/28 (yeah, I had to wait til the weekend lol). In an otherwise gloomy year, this album was that ray of sunshine. B)

It's weird - the amount of bubblegum whimsical pop that came out that year and it was a gloomy year too (personally and with 9/11, Aaliyahs death etc).

Well then neither is MYM or LWND, seeing as how J/T gave Janet those songs.

Jimmy & Terry are the masters of Janet Jackson.. They know her sound and her vocals... They are a power trio

Darkchild & Jermaine Dupri, Discipline, Janet Jackson (album), & Dream Street are not Janet Jackson.. She just provided vocals and called it a day.. Not here for that

Jimmy & Terry are the masters of Janet Jackson.. They know her sound and her vocals... They are a power trio

Darkchild & Jermaine Dupri, Discipline, Janet Jackson (album), & Dream Street are not Janet Jackson.. She just provided vocals and called it a day.. Not here for that

My statement still stands, not refuted or disproved, btw.

My statement still stands, not refuted or disproved, btw.

Neither RWU nor FB were produced and/or written by Janet, Jimmy, or Terry... Therefore, they are not "Janet Jackson" songs..

For a song to be considered a Janet Jackson song TO ME, have to have one of those three people I mentioned apart of the song, either writing or producing.. Vocals don't mean much to me.

RWU is horrible and the world agreed... Janet agreed too

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30583-1392850731-10_zpsf55fa5e9.gif

I really did grow to love this album. Same cant be said for 20.YO and Discipline. SOAG is the only single that grabbed me though and its a travesty that TAT wasnt released :(... but you to admit, the flow of the album is awkward

The flow of the album was a little different than what she's ever done..

Neither RWU nor FB were produced and/or written by Janet, Jimmy, or Terry... Therefore, they are not "Janet Jackson" songs..

For a song to be considered a Janet Jackson song TO ME, have to have one of those three people I mentioned apart of the song, either writing or producing.. Vocals don't mean much to me.

RWU is horrible and the world agreed... Janet agreed too

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30583-1392850731-10_zpsf55fa5e9.gif

So I guess Diamonds, MLITR, and WIGB?! aren't Janet songs either? Your logic is still failing you.