Black/Ethnic Minorities in Film

bu.

But you said Canaan :umm:

I said Ham or maybe Canaan...and they're related anyway :rolleyes:. It was Canaan who was cursed by Noah tho -_-. He is Hams son. Noah cursed Ham's son after Ham sodomised Noah and castrated him.

Feeling like Sister Ingalls right now

Some of the problem is expecting an entertainment company to teach what kids should be learning at home and at school. If children grow up not knowing about African royalty or think that its only one race. That is the fault of poor education. Disney is in the business of entertainment. They never have said they are responsible for making the worlds children knowledgeable about every races fables/legends/history.

That Noah thing is ridiculous. Every time they make a biblical movie they fill it with white characters with British accents. I wasn't aware that everyone in the Middle East was white with a British accent. Not to mention Africans played a huge role in the Bible. Yes Bu, blacks are said to be descendants of Ham, which did justify slavery because Ham and his brother were thought to be wicked. But then again I don't take the Bible literally. If the setting is in the Middle East then it won't hurt to cast some people of color. I don't recall the Old Testament mentioning Great Britain.

Can we stick to the film thing? I'm out if this is gonna turn into Sunday school. :umm:

:lmao:! It's interesting though. Like juicy shit as Roc said haha lol.

This is some juicy shit

So you're saying Noah had his Red Sea parted by his son :o

Indeed. He supposedly parted the read sea and introduced the dead sea. Po Noah :(. I think he then went and raped Noah's wife, Dinah (his step-mum)? Sounds like a really soap opera, actually :asham:

That Noah thing is ridiculous. Every time they make a biblical movie they fill it with white characters with British accents. I wasn't aware that everyone in the Middle East was white with a British accent. Not to mention Africans played a huge role in the Bible. Yes Bu, blacks are said to be descendants of Ham, which did justify slavery because Ham and his brother were thought to be wicked. But then again I don't take the Bible literally. If the setting is in the Middle East then it won't hurt to cast some people of color. I don't recall the Old Testament mentioning Great Britain.

Exactly. Wait they all had British accents in the movie? Mess! Aah I knew it was something like that. Ham's evil doings messing shit up for so many folks <_<. Maybe that's where hot ass mess comes from. Let us Brits be great though ed2305b7.png

Bu, does Tyler have an audience over there? Like what'sthe status of his name over there?

Tyler who? That's the attitude. He did one interview with Janet and some ;people learnt of him but then he disappeared. His movies never really got a cinema release and the DVD's cost so much. It pisses me off actually because I had to wait so long for WDIGM, WDIGM2 and FCG.

The Bible is very juicy LOL. Like when King David slept with married Bathsheba and ordered her husband to go to the front lines to get killed! I almost had to grab the popcorn! LOL

ed2305b7.png. What about David and Jonathon being the worlds first "in-print" gay soulmates ed2305b7.png..

What annoys me the most about the Bible is that in the books of Kings, my fav tbh, when a story is getting really juicy, all of a sudden it says "as for the rest of (insert story here), are they not written in the annals of the kings of (insert kingdom here). Such a buzzkill. It's definitely like a soap opera LOL

What annoys me the most about the Bible is that in the books of Kings, my fav tbh, when a story is getting really juicy, all of a sudden it says "as for the rest of (insert story here), are they not written in the annals of the kings of (insert kingdom here). Such a buzzkill. It's definitely like a soap opera LOL

I haven't read much but that would really annoy me :lol:!

I haven't read much but that would really annoy me :lol:!

LOL I had to take a class on Hebrews and the Torah. I was shocked how interesting the Bible was! I always thought it was boring for some reason. It did make me more attentive in church though LOL. Back to the topic tho, the Hebrew Bible has great mention of Africa and the Middle East so it makes no sense to completely eradicate them from a movie based on a story from the Bible.

:lmao:! It's interesting though. Like juicy shit as Roc said haha lol.

I agree. I mean even as an atheist I enjoy some parts of the bible as it is, just a book, but people could start to get sensitive at some point and then the craziness will begin :lol: