WE RESPECT each of these two but which do you...

janetDAYZ

32 members have voted

1. 1. which catalog do you like/love or respect more?

How, when, what era? :unsure:

MJ was already an established artist by the time Prince hit the scene. MJ always said he loved prince and respected his work. Even in the 80s, when they were supposedly beefing and prince was throwing shade. But MJ never listed prince as an influence. If you think he is, please explain.

MJ used Prince's Minneapolis sound. Just listen to the Dangerous album.

Calm down, hun. I never said MJ wasn't an established act. I'm aware that he was. BTW, there wasn't any beef between the two and Prince didn't shade him. He just turned down his offer to collab on Bad, lmao.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MJ used Prince's Minneapolis sound. Just listen to the Dangerous album.

Calm down, hun. I never said MJ wasn't an established act. I'm aware that he was. BTW, there wasn't any beef between the two and Prince didn't shade him. He just turned down his offer to collab on Bad, lmao.

That was not the Minneapolis sound you heard on "Dangerous". That was New Jack swing. The only Jackson to use the Minneapolis sound was Janet, due to her association with Jimmy and Terry. By the time MJ released Dangerous, the MS wasn't even relevant. And prince threw tons of shade at MJ throughout the 80s. He didn't really start to show genuine respect for MJ until the early 2000s. When asked what he thought of the "BAD" album, Prince replied "he must of named it BAD because Terrible was to long for the album cover". He stayed throwing shade because journalist kept comparing him to MJ. he lived in MJ's shadow because everyone knew that if not for MJ then Prince would have easily been king.

That was not the Minneapolis sound you heard on "Dangerous". That was New Jack swing. The only Jackson to use the Minneapolis sound was Janet, due to her association with Jimmy and Terry. By the time MJ released Dangerous, the MS wasn't even relevant. And prince threw tons of shade at MJ throughout the 80s. He didn't really start to show genuine respect for MJ until the early 2000s. When asked what he thought of the "BAD" album, Prince replied "he must of named it BAD because Terrible was to long for the album cover". He stayed throwing shade because journalist kept comparing him to MJ. he lived in MJ's shadow because everyone knew that if not for MJ then Prince would have easily been king.

New Jack Swing derives from the Minneapolis sound. :) Time to brush up on your music history.

The Minneapolis sound will always be relevant - from New Jack Swing to the new kids out now using synthesizers and the snaredrum drum machine in their songs. Also Prince did not throw tons of shade towards MJ. You're overexaggerating and in true MJ stan fashion - you're victimizing MJ. Yes, Prince was shady and still is. So what? And Prince didn't live in MJ's shadow nor was he fighting for a crown as many of the stans think. They're both two totally different artist - one is a musician and prolific songwriter while the other was a dynamic performer in his prime.

Where did I argue that Prince popularized synthesizers? :mellow: I clearly pointed out that there are still artists out now influenced by his sound from NJS to the usage of synthesizers AND the drum machine. Meaning the combination of both instruments which is prominent in Prince's music. So catch up.

Another failed attempt to correct someone? Check!

You didn't predict shit. Sit down and shut up. Making shit up. :lmao: Trying to clock tea that was never made. :lmao:

I'll break it down because I know you don't know what an argument is, much less how to formulate one.

An argument consists of two or more premises that lead to a conclusion. http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/structure.html

Now let's have a look at your faulty argument shall we:

Your posts SUGGESTS the notion.

"The Minneapolis sound will always be relevant - from New Jack Swing to the new kids out now using synthesizers and snaredrum in their songs."

Premise one - new kids out now using synthesizers in their songs

Premise two - new kids out now using using snare drums in songs in their songs

Conclusion - therefore the Minneapolis sound will always be relevant.

This argument is not valid because the use of synthesizers in songs was already popular.

Do you get it? Because I can't spell it out any simpler.

74276436.jpg

This gerl tires way too hard :lmao: I'm not here for your shitty breakdown or interpretation of what I wrote :lmao:

No where did my post indicate that Prince popularized synthesizers. NO WHERE.

The Minneapolis sound is prominent for the heavy usage of synthesizers and the drum machine (specifically the Linn Drum). I pointed out that new artists out now that use both are influence by the sound. I'm specifically speaking of Prince's sound which I thought was obvious seeing as the topic is about him.

¿Comprende?

No need to be difficult. But then again you always feel the urge to sound 'intelligent'.

And you know I live for the self-shade.

Trying to shade others, yet you shade yourself in the process? :fail:

One day you girls will learn.

janet.gif

When all else fails dig up a failed comeback. :lol:

No self-shade here.

I know how you operate - witty remark and a late pic. You just provided this a few posts up :lmao:

What you're not here is not relevant. Nor do I care what you're not here for. I didn't ask you that.

Your post suggested it. And I broke it down for you to the point where you could only rebuttal with the same foolishness that you always do.

And the shade you're casting on yourself is almost enough for a solar eclipse. Keep it up and we'll have 3 Days of Darkness. :whistle:

I don't care that you didn't ask.

Suggested? :lol: Did I actually write "Prince popularized synthesizers" ? No, I didn't. Your breakdown was pointless much like most of your 'breakdowns' (aka - I'm moved and I'm trying too hard to get the last word) Just wasted keystrokes. *Kanye shrug*

I don't post witty remarks along with a late pic. No, self-shade. Try again.

New Jack Swing derives from the Minneapolis sound. :) Time to brush up on your music history.

The Minneapolis sound will always be relevant - from New Jack Swing to the new kids out now using synthesizers and the snaredrum drum machine in their songs.

Your reaching with this argument.

Yes NJS was influenced directly by the MS, but there were big differences. The biggest being that NJS was far more urban and hip hop oriented. A better argument would be that MJ was influenced by urban artist such as Bobby Brown and Guy. By the time Dangerous was released, NJS had become a genre unto itself. There was no hint of the Minneapolis sound on that album.

Your reaching with this argument.

Yes NJS was influenced directly by the MS, but there were big differences. The biggest being that NJS was far more urban and hip hop oriented. A better argument would be that MJ was influenced by urban artist such as Bobby Brown and Guy. By the time Dangerous was released, NJS had become a genre unto itself. There was no hint of the Minneapolis sound on that album.

Oh dear, reading is fundamental :lol:

How am I reaching with my argument when you basically co-signed what I said:

Yes NJS was influenced directly by the MS

BTW, I'm aware that NJS is different from the MS. Stop stating the obvious. It still won't change the fact that the NJS derives directly from MS which was pioneered by Prince.

Next track!

Oh dear, reading is fundamental :lol:

How am I reaching with my argument when you basically co-signed what I said:

BTW, I'm aware that NJS is different from the MS. Stop stating the obvious. It still won't change the fact that the NJS derives directly from MS which was pioneered by Prince.

Next track!

So Prince helped bring a sound to the forefront, that in turn inspired another sound, that ultimately MJ used. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're reaching. :coffee:

You just don't get it. :sigh: When you say the Minneapolis sound will always be relevant because of his use of synthesizers, you are saying that as long as the kids out today are using synthesizers, the Minneapolis Sound will always be relevant.

That is not valid because synths were already popular before Prince did it. Popular, already being used, whatever wording you want to use. The point is synths were already being used. So trying to credit Prince for the use of synths in music is faulty and you know it. :excited:

GAWD you are in desperate need a course in Principles of Reasoning. :mellow:

Keep on with the self-shade. You know I live for it. B)

Archived