WE RESPECT each of these two but which do you...

janetDAYZ

32 members have voted

1. 1. which catalog do you like/love or respect more?

You just don't get it. :sigh: When you say the Minneapolis sound will always be relevant because of his use of synthesizers, you are saying that as long as the kids out today are using synthesizers, the Minneapolis Sound will always be relevant.

That is not valid because synths were already popular before Prince did it. Popular, already being used, whatever wording you want to use. The point is synths were already being used. So trying to credit Prince for the use of synths in music is faulty and you know it. :excited:

GAWD you are in desperate need a course in Principles of Reasoning. :mellow:

Keep on with the self-shade. You know I live for it. B)

He gets it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Prince helped bring a sound to the forefront, that in turn inspired another sound, that ultimately MJ used. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're reaching. :coffee:

You're just refusing to accept the fact that Prince influenced MJ. Which is understandable :coffee:

Prince -> Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and Teddy Riley/Guy -> MJ

Read it, breath it and eat it.

You just don't get it. :sigh: When you say the Minneapolis sound will always be relevant because of his use of synthesizers, you are saying that as long as the kids out today are using synthesizers, the Minneapolis Sound will always be relevant.

That is not valid because synths were already popular before Prince did it. Popular, already being used, whatever wording you want to use. The point is synths were already being used. So trying to credit Prince for the use of synths in music is faulty and you know it. :excited:

GAWD you are in desperate need a course in Principles of Reasoning. :mellow:

Keep on with the self-shade. You know I live for it. B)

No, you don't get it. Once again re-read my previous post to you. I clearly stated that Prince didn't popularize synthesizers nor was he the first to use it. I know this so you can stop trying to clarify it. I'm specifically talking about Prince's sound and HIS usage of synths and the drum machine. His specific sound can be heard in NJS and in many artists music out now. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

You're just arguing a moot point. Just sit down.

and the irony of you saying anyone is in need of a course in Principles of Reasoning :lmao:

Mike didn't use NJS because of Prince...he used it because of a certain sibling that was getting the world's attention with her music :coffee:

Of course, he didn't use it because of Prince. He used the sound because it was popular at the time.

Prince himself hardly did any NJS tracks.

I'm just pointing out that NJS derived from Prince's sound.

Mike didn't use NJS because of Prince...he used it because of a certain sibling that was getting the world's attention with her music :coffee:

Thank you! :excited:

He heard "The Knowledge" and damn near pissed himself!!! :excited:

Didn't have shit to do with Prince. :coffee:

So if someone were to use synths and a snare drum in a song that makes it Minneapolis Sound? :lmao:

What if someone uses synths and a tenor or bass drum? :lmao:

The girl is arguing in crop circles. :lmao:

You can't be this stupid :lmao: I specifically said Prince's usage of both the synths and the drum machine. The funk layered synths + Linn drum, etc.

Just bow out, boo.

You're just refusing to accept the fact that Prince influenced MJ. Which is understandable :coffee:

Prince -> Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and Teddy Riley/Guy -> MJ

Read it, breath it and eat it.

Im not refusing to accept it. You're just haven't proved it. :whistle:

When you say someone is a influence on someone else it usually means directly. Yet your argument is that Prince's sound influenced the sound that MJ used. That's like twice removed. :blink:

Its quite the stretch.

Im not refusing to accept it. You're just haven't proved it. :whistle:

When you say someone is a influence on someone else it usually means directly. Yet your argument is that Prince's sound influenced the sound that MJ used. That's like twice removed. :blink:

Its quite the stretch.

It's quite the stretch because you don't want to believe it. I'm sure if this were the other way around you would nod your heard in agreement. MJ might've not been directly influenced by Prince's sound but he was influenced by him in some shape or form. There's no denying that.

So it's funk layered synths now? I thought it was synths in general. Sink or swim is the game we're playing here I see. :excited:

Didn't you say Street Songs was the album that shaped funk in the 80s in that Britney thread that became about R. Kelly?

Once again, your argument suggests if the kids out now are using synths they are taking from the Minneapolis Sound, which is wrong. And since your argument, that makes you wrong. And because you're wrong, that also makes you a liar. And God doesn't like liars. :umm:

It's quite the stretch because you don't want to believe it. I'm sure if this were the other way around you would nod your heard in agreement. MJ might've not been directly influenced by Prince's sound but he was influenced by him in some shape or form. There's no denying that.

And we're done. :wave:

So it's funk layered synths now? I thought it was synths in general. Sink or swim is the game we're playing here I see. :excited:

Didn't you say Street Songs was the album that shaped funk in the 80s in that Britney thread that became about R. Kelly?

Once again, your argument suggests if the kids out now are using synths they are taking from the Minneapolis Sound, which is wrong. And since your argument, that makes you wrong. And because you're wrong, that also makes you a liar. And God doesn't like liars. :umm:

I'm talking about Prince's sound. I wasn't talking about the usage of synths in general. As usual, your grasping for anything to argue.

I never said that. :mellow:

A pity. You're so desperate to win any type of argument that it's almost sad. Assuming you can read - you know that I didn't say that but as usual, you want the last word. I already pointed out that I'm talking about Prince's usage of synths. But of course, you're still beating an already dead horse.

Archived