WE RESPECT each of these two but which do you...

janetDAYZ

32 members have voted

1. 1. which catalog do you like/love or respect more?

How many movies was Mike in ...? :shifty:

The Whiz was a classic boo. And he gave a great performance in that film, and folks love it to this day. Under the cherry moon was panned by critics and fans. :coffee:

Not subjective, just true.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave it up for the glove, cause on the real if you went to Mexico and asked you Michael Jackson was they could answer, if you went to China and asked who Michael Jackson was they could answer, if you went to Saudia Arabia they could tell you who MJ was, not the case with Prince.

I gave it up for the glove, cause on the real if you went to Mexico and asked you Michael Jackson was they could answer, if you went to China and asked who Michael Jackson was they could answer, if you went to Saudia Arabia they could tell you who MJ was, not the case with Prince.

Thats true. I never really listened to Prince. I just know that he is an icon and very influential

The Whiz was a classic boo. And he gave a great performance in that film, and folks love it to this day. Under the cherry moon was panned by critics and fans. :coffee:

Not subjective, just true.

How you gonna act like Prince's only movie was Under The Cherry Moon? Purple Rain movie got praised ...

I'm gonna go with Prince all of his music he wrote produced play the instruments did the background everything

even the stuff he produced for other artist like shelia E, Vanity 6, The Time, Sheena Easton, etc

the influence he had on Jam/Lewis as producers

Michale always had the assistance of producers

without Quincy Jones there will be no "Thriller" :coffee:

Soooo true ...thats why I really feel that he doesnt get enough credit..........maybe I should have asked who's more talented :devil:

How you gonna act like Prince's only movie was Under The Cherry Moon? Purple Rain movie got praised ...

His MUSICAL performances in the movie got praised. However, the acting and the script were highly criticized. Check your facts. :coffee:

And the sequel to PR, "Graffiti bridge" was also panned. I'm not saying Prince isn't talented. Clearly he is. However, not all his artistic endeavors were good. That goes for a lot of his albums as well. If you put on a Prince box set and a MJ box set, you'll find yourself skipping a lot of songs on the Prince box set. While MJ's will damn near be able to play straight through.

His MUSICAL performances in the movie got praised. However, the acting and the script were highly criticized. Check your facts. :coffee:

And the sequel to PR, "Graffiti bridge" was also panned. I'm not saying Prince isn't talented. Clearly he is. However, not all his artistic endeavors were good. That goes for a lot of his albums as well. If you put on a Prince box set and a MJ box set, you'll find yourself skipping a lot of songs on the Prince box set. While MJ's will damn near be able to play straight through.

Agreed. I'm currently playing that Michael Jackson game on my Wii and there are only a couple of songs I'm not interested in dancing to. The man shat out classics in his sleep.

I'm gonna go with Prince all of his music he wrote produced play the instruments did the background everything

even the stuff he produced for other artist like shelia E, Vanity 6, The Time, Sheena Easton, etc

the influence he had on Jam/Lewis as producers

Michale always had the assistance of producers

without Quincy Jones there will be no "Thriller" :coffee:

Yas! :blush:

Prince influenced all our faves and yes that includes MJ. :coffee:

I disagree.

Sure Prince does have songs that the average listener may skip but you must keep in mind his music scope is wide in variety. MJ's isn't. IMHO, MJ is way too limited and was busy trying re-create past glories (Thriller).

Music... was the ONLY thing my thread was talking about ANYWAY ..so no one asked if he succeeded when he branched out into other artistic avenues.So lets get back in the middle of the road.

And the box set comment is still indeed SUBJECTIVE. You speak as if your word is the final answer :lmao: :lmao: There's plenty of ppl (even folks on here ) that feel that Mike was overrated..so lets not be completely blinded by his massive popularity. Popularity and pure ART is two different things.Ppl tend to automatically link it to Mike becuz of his status. Im actually more of a MJ fan myself..but Im completely unbiased and speaking from pure observation.THATS ALL

Agreed. I'm currently playing that Michael Jackson game on my Wii and there are only a couple of songs I'm not interested in dancing to. The man shat out classics in his sleep.

Basically. :dance:

As talented as Prince is, MJ had him shook in the 80s. :lmao:

All those albums he released in hopes on snatching MJ's crown, yet it never worked. :coffee:

Music... was the ONLY thing my thread was talking about ANYWAY ..so no one asked if he succeeded when he branched out into other artistic avenues.So lets get back in the middle of the road.

And the box set comment is still indeed SUBJECTIVE. You speak as if your word is the final answer :lmao: :lmao: There's plenty of ppl (even folks on here ) that feel that Mike was overrated..so lets not be completely blinded by his massive popularity. Popularity and pure ART is two different things.Ppl tend to automatically link it to Mike becuz of his status. Im actually more of a MJ fan myself..but Im completely unbiased and speaking from pure observation.THATS ALL

Your own poll says otherwise. :lol:

As you can see MJ is clearly in the lead. :wave:

Basically. :dance:

As talented as Prince is, MJ had him shook in the 80s. :lmao:

All those albums he released in hopes on snatching MJ's crown, yet it never worked. :coffee:

You're truly delayed, hun.

Prince's goal was never to "snatch MJ's crown" nor did MJ have him "shaking in his boots" :coffee:

Your own poll says otherwise. :lol:

As you can see MJ is clearly in the lead. :wave:

To YOU its so cut and dry who the winner is from your comments...but if that were the case Prince would NOT have ANY votes which leads it back to being SUBJECTIVE :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And lets not act like his popularity does not give him an automatic "step-up" ...so its not even a level playing field to begin with ..

You're truly delayed, hun.

Prince's goal was never to "snatch MJ's crown" nor did MJ have him "shaking in his boots" :coffee:

actually Prince had Michael shook

plus Prince never wanted to be Michael Jackson he was his own person by the time purple rain came out Prince had a musical empire

as i said before with out the assistance of Quincy Jones we wouldn't have those classic Micheal tunes

To YOU its so cut and dry who the winner is from your comments...but if that were the case Prince would NOT have ANY votes which leads it back to being SUBJECTIVE :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And lets not act like his popularity does not give him an automatic "step-up" ...so its not even a level playing field to begin with ..

The one with the most votes wins? :unsure:

Why do the poll otherwise? :mellow:

And nothing is subjective, when you're asking for people's opinions in the first place. I gave my opinion, and now you need to deal with that.

Archived