WE RESPECT each of these two but which do you...

janetDAYZ

32 members have voted

1. 1. which catalog do you like/love or respect more?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I checked ..MJ was phoning Prince to be on a song with him ... not the other way around :coffee:

I never said MJ wasn't a Prince fan. He always said he was. You can be a fan of another artist and still have a more solid body of work. And still have siad artist pressed.

actually Prince had Michael shook

plus Prince never wanted to be Michael Jackson he was his own person by the time purple rain came out Prince had a musical empire

as i said before with out the assistance of Quincy Jones we wouldn't have those classic Micheal tunes

Okay, sis you better preach! :lol:

Prince was always a few steps ahead of all of his peers. In 1987 he released the classic Sign O' The Times and MJ releases Bad...

IMHO I felt MJ was more consistent album-wise. With Prince, I'm a huge fan of his work up to the Gold Experience (but I liked Musicology too). However with MJ, I can listen to any of his albums straight through (OTW onwards I mean, when he had artistic freedom). I hate comparing though, they're both still legends. ^_^

Agreed. I'm currently playing that Michael Jackson game on my Wii and there are only a couple of songs I'm not interested in dancing to. The man shat out classics in his sleep.

I just got that game too! ^_^

IMHO I felt MJ was more consistent album-wise. With Prince, I'm a huge fan of his work up to the Gold Experience (but I liked Musicology too). However with MJ, I can listen to any of his albums straight through (OTW onwards I mean, when he had artistic freedom). I hate comparing though, they're both still legends. ^_^

Have you started dancing to the songs? I threw down on Wanna Be Startin Something lol

:yep:

That's such a fun part! :lmao:

Me too, also "Billie Jean" and "Remember the Time" were two of my other favorites.

My sister LOVE the Remember the Time choreography. She gets down to that one. I think I'm going to use this for my morning exercise for awhile :lol:

actually Prince had Michael shook

plus Prince never wanted to be Michael Jackson he was his own person by the time purple rain came out Prince had a musical empire

as i said before with out the assistance of Quincy Jones we wouldn't have those classic Micheal tunes

Prince NEVER had Mike shook :mellow:

Why would someone selling 45 million copies of one album...(at that time) and then 30 million of his next..be shook by Prince? :blink:

By the time "Dangerous" was released Prince wasn't even any real competition for Mike anymore. :mellow:

Prince could never. :coffee:

Though I do like Prince. :blush: lol

He's actually kinda brilliant. :umm:

But he is also a self indulgent Gemini, who takes himself to seriously. When he goes off on artistic tangents he makes it hard to be a fan. But when he is focused and in rare form, he is better than most. :)

I don't know...I did love the Diamonds and Pearls era...I wasn't much into him. His sound was unique, but he got in my nerves quick...I think it's his diva attitude that annoys me.

Prince influenced both MJ

How, when, what era? :unsure:

MJ was already an established artist by the time Prince hit the scene. MJ always said he loved prince and respected his work. Even in the 80s, when they were supposedly beefing and prince was throwing shade. But MJ never listed prince as an influence. If you think he is, please explain.

Archived