True Life: I'm An "Artist Formerly Known As "Janet Jackson" Fan

Mr. Wonder

Yesterday I was walking back from Wendy's with my friend, and we walked through the parking lot of this high school. One of the boys was singing the "If" breakdown, and this girl was doing the routine. I was like YAAAASSSSS :excited: :excited: :excited:

Her influence has no boundaries..Almost 20 years and it still shits. :tear:

And these kids couldn't have been no more than 15 or 16. I had started to break out the routine with them too. :lol:

Bless their hearts! Janhova still influencing generations. :thumbup:

Wait, the dude was making the sounds for the breakdown(the Diana Ross sample)? :unsure:

Bless their hearts! Janhova still influencing generations. :thumbup:

Wait, the dude was making the sounds for the breakdown(the Diana Ross sample)? :unsure:

I had to introduce my sister at a young age. She, too, is now a believer. -_-

Yep! The guy was singing the breakdown and doing the robot part. Then the girl on the step below him started where the guy stopped.

• 2 weeks later...

My mum is moving house at the moment and she rang me yesterday to let me know she'd found a Janet Jackson scrapbook from when I was a kid, and that she'd keep it for me. I can't wait to see what I have in it. :asham:

And here is the bible I was referring to. Now, keep in mind that I was all of 13 years old when I made this so please don't judge it as harshly as we judge everything else on here. :lol:

First are the pics of my scrapbook, and in the next post I'll type out a few articles I found in there as well. Some of them are priceless. :asham: Enjoy!

CoverPage1-1.jpg

Pages23.jpg

Pages45.jpg

Pages67.jpg

Pages89.jpg

Pages1011.jpg

Pages1314.jpg

Pages1516.jpg

Pages1718.jpg

Page12.jpg

• Upvote 5

I'll start with the article which refers to Madonna. I'm kicking myself because the first half is missing, and I really want to know what she said! Anyway, here's what I have. It's from a 1995 interview with Aussie magazine TV Hits.

...she says, "Hate is a strong word. But if I did hate her, I'd have valid reasons."

Janet happily reveals her biggest weakness. "I'm a sucker for love," she sighs, flopping back on the couch, laughing. Her first kiss was from Ralph Carter, who played JJ's nationalist little brother, Michael, on Good Times. "I was 12 years old," she recalls, "and it was our last episode of Good Times. He wanted to say goodbye. So he called me in the room, and he gave me a kiss on the lips." Her second boyfriend was a guy she won't name, somebody her parents wanted her to date. In 1984, when she was 18, Janet eloped with James DeBarge.

Guys, of course, want her all the time, including her TV boyfriend, Todd Bridges, who played Willis in the '80s sitcom Diff'rent Strokes. "I'm still in love with her, I'll always be in love with her," Bridges says on the phone from LA. "No-one's been able to take her place with me."

Janet's current love, however, is Rene Elizondo. Tall and slim, Rene serves as creative director on the tour and directs some of Janet's videos. "He keeps me sane," she smiles. They met when she was 16 and became friends. "And then when our mutual friends told him I had gotten married," she recalls, "he was like, 'No, she wouldn't have gotten married, she would have told me if she had.' We were best friends. The reason that I was with James as long as I was, was because of Rene. He told me to try and work it out."

She says that after the annulment of her marriage to DeBarge (they were married for a year), she experienced a moment of truth. "I remember being in San Francisco and on my own. Michael was on the car radio, and I was in the limo in the back, all by myself, listening to him. I was saying to myself, I wonder who I'm going to be with? There's someone out there in this world right now. I said to myself, 'God knows,' and I was bugging out. It was freaky to me, thinking that." She says she wants kids and all that stuff. "I've always wanted 10 kids, but I'm 28 now, so..."

In Janet Jackson there is a lot of Michael. In an all-too-sisterly way, Janet seems to sit at her brother's feet. But, professionally, she tries - and sometimes succeeds - in giving him a run for his mega-ness. "He's done so much, I feel like I haven't even gotten close to what he's done," she says. "When someone says, 'Oh my God, you've done this, you've done that,' I think, 'Yeah, that's nice, but Michael's done this. Do I want Michael's kind of success?'" she asks. "Oh, hell yeah! Are you kidding? I'd love to. And he knows that too."

Janet seems far more relaxed than she was in 1990's Rhythm Nation 1814 tour. She's actually talking to the crowd. Leading them in chants. She physically touches the people in the front rows. Last time she toured, she acted, for the most part, like no audience was there. Except when she cried. Janet almost always cries, every show, sometimes twice a show. And people in the music industry, or people who have seen her perform more than twice, often laught at Janet's weeping. Manipulative and fake, they say. Tired.

When I ask her about fate and if she ever trips off it and the family she was born into, she takes it straight to those weepy moments. "When we first open the show, it's three up-tempo songs back-to-back, adn it's hoppin'. Then there's a break where I say hi to the crowd, and every night they have an applaud and, at that point every night, I think, 'Thank God...' and sometimes I actually cry because... this didn't have to be. I didn't have to be born into this family. I didn't have to be in front of a big group of people doing what I do. It didn't have to be that way. Not to say that it's easy - there's a lot of things that are difficult and very stressful, but I enjoy it. It didn't have to be this way. It could have been me being in the family I was in, but I could have gone to college, maybe decided to be an attorney or an accountant or something. But I didn't have to be standing on the stage here."

Well, judging by the way she's been wooing audiences around the world - and in Oz - we're glad she is!

In the 7th pic in my previous post there's a pic of Janet's autograph, and this is the mess that the magazine wrote alongside it:

Janet's signature is the equivalent of the magician's conjuring kit. She has everything in her signature for every occasion! Her signature reveals her to be sad, happy, tired, alert, all at the same time. Her signature also shows a high level of intelligence, and a desire to continually learn form past mistakes. This is a signature of maturity, and shows an understanding of people's feelings in emotional relationships. Janet certainly knows her direction and the path of others - for her signature reveals her to be psychic! :lmao:

In the 2nd pic in my previous post Janet was ranked the 7th hottest woman in 1995. This is the write-up they gave her:

Why She's So Hot: As she's proved in her unreal 'Runway' video, Janet's got the moves - and the bod! - the whole world over! And, after 10 years of hits, she's still the friendliest Jackson!

Hottest Moment Of 1995: Clutching at her ample, bikini-clad bosom in brother Michael's 'Scream' vid. Yes kids, the puppy fat has definitely gone!

Hottest Match: Will Smith - it'd be a bigtime cackfest if these two were locked in the same room!

Hotter Than: Celine Dion. You never get bored with Janet.

In the 6th pic in my previous post there is a small article regarding the release of Poetic Justice:

"Janet Jackson ain't no Madonna," says John Singleton, director of Poetic Justice. "Janet can act."

Jackson makes her film debut playing a hairdresser who copes with her boyfriend's murder by writing poetry. Shot partly in South Central L.A., the production had to shut down during last year's Los Angeles riots but the burned-out buildings and charred streetscapes that resulted were used as backdrops in several scenes.

The scenery aside, Poetic Justice is no re-run of Singleton's Boyz N The Hood. The cast say it's lighter by far and they're happy with that. "I'm tired of people looking for a message in movies by African Americans," says Tyra Ferrill, who plays a beautician. "Why can't we have our own Fried Green Tomatoes and just tell a story?" As for Singleton, he enjoys leading the curious off the plot. "I tell people it's Janet Jackson running around with an Uzi in South Central shooting people," he says.

In the same pic there is a bullshit article from some trashy rag that claimed 'Scream' was supposed to be a duet between Michael and Lisa Marie, instead of Michael and Janet. :asham:

"Lisa Marie was supposed to be on it, but Michael changed his mind and let Janet sing instead," says a friend. "Lisa Marie still hasn't got over it. She'd hoped to make her singing debut with that album. She doesn't think her sister-in-law can sing and she does a brilliant imitation of Janet's whispery voice. When Janet was told, she hit the roof."

"I can sing circles around Janet if I'm just given a chance," Lisa Marie told Michael. "Maybe she can dance better than I can, but I know I sing better."

Michael has promised Lisa Marie he'll begin producing her debut album, My Turn, in December. He also reportedly asked Janet to co-produce one song on it because he enjoys working with her so much.

"When Lisa Marie heard that, she went ballistic," says the insider. "She told Michael she doesn't want to be associated with Janet in any way. But she needn't have worried because Janet turned Michael down - flat. "So, now, Michael keeps them far apart. It's a big mess."

Another article on the supposed feud with LMP:

Janet Jackson has followed in the footsteps of big brother Michael and released a Best Of album.

Despite having only 10 years of musical work behind her, the album Design Of a Decade is destined to become a smash hit like her brother's much-hyped HIStory. The album contains 16 tracks from the albums Control, Rhythm Nation and janet. as well as two new tracks, 'Runaway' and 'Twenty Foreplay'.

Janet, who toured Australia in February this year, began her music career in a low-key fashion but has gradually developed and cemented herself a place as one of the most energetic and vibrant performers in the world today. But coming from a high profile and popular musical family has not been easy for the 28-year-old. She recently had a dust-up with brother Michael's wife Lisa Marie Presley. The two of them had a blazing row at the recent MTV awards because Lisa Marie apparently became upset about a T-shirt worn by Janet which read, "I'm a pervert 2". The T-shirt was an obvious reference to the sexual abuse allegations concerning Michael that have arisen in recent years. Janet is fiercely protective of her older brother and believes he is innocent of all allegations despite the rumours. She wore the T-shirt to stop the rumour-mongering but Lisa Marie thought it was in poor taste and blew her stack. Wearing the T-shirt was indication of Janet's passion, which she puts into life as well as her music.

While Michael and sister La Toya epitomise the wackiness of the Jackson, Janet always comes across as the sane and sensible member of the family, although her music tends to cut loose.

Janet, who is currently seeing Rene Elizondo, will also be a special guest presenter at the 1995 Australian Record Industry Awards, which are screening on Channel 10 on Monday at 8.30pm and which celebrate Australian artists.

:asham:

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know why Jenna Dewan or whatever her name is stopped dancing for Janet?

Once the tour ended Janet didn't really do much until the Superbowl...by then Jenna started doing her own thing (movies and tv). Then when Step Up came out she started riding Channing. I hear she was in Xtina Not Myself Tonight.

Once the tour ended Janet didn't really do much until the Superbowl...by then Jenna started doing her own thing (movies and tv). Then when Step Up came out she started riding Channing. I hear she was in Xtina Not Myself Tonight.

That's my problem with her. I'm so jealous of her. I feel he could do way better :cry:-_-