True Life: I'm An "Artist Formerly Known As "Janet Jackson" Fan

Mr. Wonder

• 1 month later...

So during graduation/commencement on Saturday I was not looking forward to sitting in the baking sun being lectured for two hours. :filenails: So I decided to spend my two hours listening to Janet on my iPod. ^_^ She has such an amazing catalog. :tear: But I noticed DJ, 20, janet. and DS are really "piecey". Like, I listen to one song, skip three, play two, skip two, then play two, etc. The flow on those songs aren't as strong on say RN1814 and Control.

But in any event, during the singing of the national anthem, everyone sang "The Star Spangled Banner". I sang "Rhythm Nation". B)

During the opening prayer, the speaker prayed. I recited "The Pledge". :thumbup:

When it came time for the Alma Mater and the closing pledge, I played "Control". :cheers:

Now I'm not disrespecting the school, I just feel like my song selection was more befitting than what was given in the ceremony booklet. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

So during graduation/commencement on Saturday I was not looking forward to sitting in the baking sun being lectured for two hours. :filenails: So I decided to spend my two hours listening to Janet on my iPod. ^_^ She has such an amazing catalog. :tear: But I noticed DJ, 20, janet. and DS are really "piecey". Like, I listen to one song, skip three, play two, skip two, then play two, etc. The flow on those songs aren't as strong on say RN1814 and Control.

But in any event, during the singing of the national anthem, everyone sang "The Star Spangled Banner". I sang "Rhythm Nation". B)

During the opening prayer, the speaker prayed. I recited "The Pledge". :thumbup:

When it came time for the Alma Mater and the closing pledge, I played "Control". :cheers:

Now I'm not disrespecting the school, I just feel like my song selection was more befitting than what was given in the ceremony booklet. :unsure:

lgst3245%252Bmexico-city-olympics-black-power-poster.jpg

I'm flicking through my latest WHO magazine (Australia's version of PEOPLE) as I do every weekend, and what do I see?

photo-1.jpg

Janet's Time Machine

Michael Jackson's little sister turned 46 on May 16 - but you would never know it. The singer, who has been vocal about her life-long struggle with weight, has very little to say about her seemingly ageless skin.

After photos emerged of the star at the opening of the Supermodels exhibition in New York on May 10, WHO went back 20 years and although there is clearly a wrinkle in the space-time continuum, we couldn't find a single one on her face.

The best $4.80 I spent this weekend.

:lol::blush:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, "You" is a song about self-awareness, and that understanding that you can lie to others, but you can't lie to yourself. We put on many different faces, or disguises if you will, to hide ourselves. And I think that explains the double faces on the dancers. Regardless of what face we have on, it's still the same to ourselves.

As for TAT, I think the visuals are symbolic different issues that plague a relationship, be it trust, pain, trickery, deceit, etc (excuse the pun). The costumes represent the demons that exist in a relationship. And as the bridge comes in, as pictured above, they all kinda fall off of Janet to represent the killing off of each demon, and that trust and truth will always prevail.

Two of my favorite performances.. :wub:

Yesterday while I was at work, I was going to have my interpretation, but I actually had to do some work.. :umm:

But anyway, "You" is about facing yourself and being who you truly are. I imagine Janet writing this song in the mirror. When you point at yourself in the mirror, you're pointing at yourself. Janet is such a genius.

The "TAT" performance is my favorite tour performance. The choreography pretty much told the story. All the costumes represented a torrid relationship and Janet stripping them away in order for trust to happen again. -_-

Today I felt the wrath that Janhova Jackson felt during the trials of Superbowl.

I got on the bus this morning and gave a £10 note for a £3.90 bus fare. The change of £6.10 was THROWN back at me and landed on the floor. I bent over to get it and my wardrobe malfunctioned...my trousers came undone, my boxers failed and my butt crack was revealed. I immediately felt the backlash. I was blacklisted by the bus driver as he asked me to leave the bus. Once again the white man persecuted the thnic minority. He was the Justin to my butt. I had mixed support from the nation in the bus - the majority supported me. They said it was an accident and I should stay however this was not enough as what the bus driver said - went. With the power of Janhova I endured this trial and perservered. I never apologised.

• Upvote 2

Today I felt the wrath that Janhova Jackson felt during the trials of Superbowl.

I got on the bus this morning and gave a £10 note for a £3.90 bus fare. The change of £6.10 was THROWN back at me and landed on the floor. I bent over to get it and my wardrobe malfunctioned...my trousers came undone, my boxers failed and my butt crack was revealed. I immediately felt the backlash. I was blacklisted by the bus driver as he asked me to leave the bus. Once again the white man persecuted the thnic minority. He was the Justin to my butt. I had mixed support from the nation in the bus - the majority supported me. They said it was an accident and I should stay however this was not enough as what the bus driver said - went. With the power of Janhova I endured this trial and perservered. I never apologised.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Janhova helped me. My grandfather is in hospital dying and unfortunately I can't be there through mothers orders. Anyway I started crying yesterday thinking about him but then randomly June 30th popped into my head - the day I saw Janhova. I remember being on the front row and Janhova looking down on me during Miss You Much and smiling. I smiled and my pain went away.

Forgive me Janhova, for I have sinned.

I've been riding the Madonna train full-steam lately and have immersed myself her early catalogue, most of which I had only heard once or twice. But I found it to be a healthy lesson in iconography and in all honesty, it made me lose sight of Janhova for a moment.

I don't listen to the album much because it's so sentimental, but I bought a pair of "audiophile" headphones last week and decided to experience TVR on them. Like a virgin, it was like hearing it for the very first time. Madonna may be Queen but Janhova is Goddess. TVR is my everything. :cry:

Forgive me Janhova, for I have sinned.

I've been riding the Madonna train full-steam lately and have immersed myself her early catalogue, most of which I had only heard once or twice. But I found it to be a healthy lesson in iconography and in all honesty, it made me lose sight of Janhova for a moment.

I don't listen to the album much because it's so sentimental, but I bought a pair of "audiophile" headphones last week and decided to experience TVR on them. Like a virgin, it was like hearing it for the very first time. Madonna may be Queen but Janhova is Goddess. TVR is my everything. :cry:

Janhova forgives you my fellow Janhovrade. She allows one to pay dust to the lessors so long as you remember that Janhova is #1 and will forever be as such.

• Upvote 1

Everywhere I go

Every smile I see

I know you are there

Smilin back at me

Dancin in moonlight

I know you are free

Cuz I can see your star

Shinin down on me

101773-janet_jackson_181_260.jpg

Thank you Janhova for helping me through such a tragic and hurting time.

• 2 weeks later...

My Top 8 Janet albums and Top 20 Janet tracks as per my last.fm:

NVNDB.png

Tracks:

01. Nothing (129 plays)

02. Miss You Much (90 plays)

03. That's The Way Love Goes (72 plays)

04. Together Again (54 plays)

05. Doesn't Really Matter (42 plays)

06. Rock With U (40 Plays)

07. Show Me (ChineseMuscleBoy Remix) [38 plays]

08. Feedback (34 plays)

08. You Want This (feat. MC Lyte) [34 plays]

09. Rhythm Nation (33 plays)

09. Feedback (Timbaland Remix) [33 plays]

10. Got 'Til It's Gone (32 plays)

11. So Much Betta (28 plays)

11. Rollercoaster (28 plays)

11. Greatest X (28 plays)

11. Can't B Good (28 plays)

12. Someone To Call My Lover (27 plays)

13. What Have You Done For Me Lately (25 plays)

13. Love Me (25 plays)

13. LUV (25 plays)

14. All For You (24 plays)

14. Black Cat (24 plays)

14. Come Back To Me (24 plays)

14. Go Deep (24 plays)

15. 2nite (24 plays)

15. When I Think Of You (23 plays)

16. Let's Wait Awhile (22 plays)

16. Never Letchu Go (22 plays)

17. You (21 plays)

17. The Pleasure Principle (21 plays)

17. Curtains (21 plays)

18. Love Will Never Do (Without You) [20 plays]

18. What's Ur Name (20 plays)

19. Control (19 plays)

19. Anything (19 plays)

20. Escapade (18 plays)

20. Nasty (18 plays)

20. Discipline (18 plays)

No. -_-

I was expecting my counts to be higher but after all there are 2,290 artists in my library. They're not bad stats in the grand scheme of things.

I guess I need more artists. Janet has 14,000+ spins on my Last.fm since August of 2010. I didn't think I listened to her THAT much. :unsure: